Strength and muscle loss during a cut?
- 05-06-2010, 07:14 AM
- 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Without getting your bodyfat tested via DEXA scans, yes, this is the best way to determine that you aren't losing muscle. You may still be, but its likely minimal.
- 05-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Eh, it depends how you alter your training. I've had cuts where I intentionally lost muscle, but still gained strength. It's all in how you change your training.M.Ed. Ex Phys
05-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Rodja - i intend to train the same, train hard and heavy 6-12 reps.
05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
05-06-2010, 11:49 AM
05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
05-06-2010, 11:54 AM
05-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I also cut kcals and drastically increased my other training (sparring, grappling, running, etc.). Losing weight (fat and/or muscle) is determined by overall energy balance and not by one specific factor.
M.Ed. Ex Phys
Similar Forum Threads
- By jmoney02 in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2011, 06:29 AM
- By darkblue1 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
- By pheraflex in forum AnabolicsReplies: 12Last Post: 06-07-2007, 04:47 AM
- By LakeMountD in forum Weight LossReplies: 19Last Post: 05-27-2006, 07:35 PM
- By SeaHawk22 in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 05-10-2005, 02:38 PM