How's this for a pre-WO/2nd or 3rd PWO meal?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.21%

How's this for a pre-WO/2nd or 3rd PWO meal?

I eat this meal a lot; always an hour or so before a workout and sometimes for a 2nd or 3rd meal (after my whey/dextrose/maltodextrin shake, taken immediately PWO) after a workout:

2 cups skim milk
    1 scoop whey
    1/2 cup old fasioned oatmeal with 2-3 packets of 0 calorie sweetner and maybe ~10 raisins or a tbsp of sugar free jam

This comes out to something like ~45 grams of protein, ~60 grams of carbs, and less than 5 grams of fat. The reason I ask if it's good or not is I don't know if I should be combining proteins around a workout or just stick to whey and I've heard varying opinions on how good of a carbohydrate milk is. I've heard that while it's technically "complex" and low-GI, it still spikes blood sugar somehow. I don't know, I probably misunderstood that. Anyway I'm confused and curious because this particular meal makes up the bulk of my carbohydrate-containing meals.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.57%

Personally, after my PWO shake, I would center my meals on real foods, not powders. Yea, it'll take some more time to make, but it's a great way to grow .

Pre-workout I'll consume oats with whey (plus whatever supplements). Post-workout shake will be whey with dextrose/malto and oats in water. About an hour therafter, I'll consume lean proteins with a lower GI complex carb and veggies
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

With the amount of food and calories you guys are taking in pre workout, I would reevalute your carb source post workout. Your fear of catabolism is not justified.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How is this for homemade pre-workout mix?
    By pitt6691 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 08:09 PM
  2. How is this for a safe first cycle?
    By Prometheus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
  3. How's this for a lean mass cycle?
    By Anarchy939 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
  4. How's this for a Cutting diet