T3/T4 gone wrong HELP PLEASE!!

rombusempire

Awards
I started a cycle of T3/T4 last week.

For the first 2 days, I took
50mcg T3 (sustained release)
300mcg synthroid

I felt VERY tired and weak so I decreased the dosage to 150mcg of synthroid and 25mcg of cytomel as of the past 4 days.

My arms are shrinking, my lifts have gone down tremendously but my bodyfat has not budged.

I am also on 250mg test E a week. Becauswe of the weakness, I started eating 12 finaplix pellets per day. Despite these anabolics my lifts are still going down.

I have 3 questions
1) Should I taper down and eventually stop this T3/T4 cycle?
2) Have I actually lost any muscle from this or is it simply glycogen depletion?
3) How badly do you think my thyroid has been shut down from this?

I am feeling VERY disspointed and sad. Please help!

trippn

trippn

Awards
What's your diet like?

rombusempire

Awards
very good question.

I am 182 lbs 20% bodyfat.
My diet consists of 6 meals, 500 cals each approx. Thats about 3000 cals. Note that b4 i started this T3/T4 crap, I was maintaining at 3600 cals. I am force feeding myself right now.

The thyroid hormones made me totally lose appetite. I know it is not the finaplix b/c my prev experinece with eating those pellets (only 1 a day back then) results in MASSIVE hunger..so bad I have to wake up at 4am to eat once.

And now my appetite is 0 and my strength has plumetted.

I sincerely hope this damage is nmot permanent because I lost about half an inch off my arms in the span of 1 week.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For starters, that was a psychotic dose to begin with on day 1. 300mcg of synthroid is roughly equivalent after conversion (depending on your body chemistry) of 75mcg of t3. So you basically jumped in at what would be considered a totally maximal dose, 125mcg of t3. you should have started at something like 20mcg t3/25mcg of synthroid and slowly worked your way up. I doubt I would go past 50/200 at any point in a cycle.

Also since you are at 20% bf its hard to say whether you are really losing bodyfat as far as the size goes or losing muscle. Odds are you lost some of both. I wouldn't worry too much about thyroid shutdown in this short span of time. Also have you checked your body temp? Its worth seeing if you are running a bit hot at that sort of dosing.

rombusempire

Awards
Thanks so much for your advice, I will definaytely be lowering the dose

rombusempire

Awards
No I havent checked my body temp. How much above the normal temperature would be consiodered an indication of an acceptbale dosage?

trippn

trippn

Awards
I ran t3 several years ago with a 1.25 degree above normal and got good results. Any higher and I just sweat all day long.

rombusempire

Awards
1.25 ok.

Thanks guys. I lowered my dose down to 75mcg synthroid and I feel MUCH better. My strength still has yet to come back but my arms have regained some size and I dont feel like I am 90 years old anymore.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can slowly ramp up from there, raising the dose by 25mcg every 3-4 days if you'd like. but still dont go beyond 200 of the synthroid

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
you are nuts bro. you didn't research dosing schemes before you took a thyroid hormone?

its a must to ramp up and down. im not gonna throw rocks though cause its not about being right . its about not dying lol.

i had some t3 sides a couple months ago. racing heart rate at 4am SUCKS and i ramped up from 10mcg to 50-60mcg.

you did 125 on day 2.

rombusempire

Awards
Got it.

My metabolism was ok before T4 = 18 (11-22) T3 = 5.2 (4.0-7.8) - test taken in april. If I dosed at say 150 synthroid do you think I owuld have better results than if I didnt even take teh synthroid (based on my blood work indicateed above). Ive been reading many articles saying that T3 is indispensable and how utterly awesome it is. Is that reality?

trippn

trippn

Awards
you are nuts bro. you didn't research dosing schemes before you took a thyroid hormone?

its a must to ramp up and down. im not gonna throw rocks though cause its not about being right . its about not dying lol.

i had some t3 sides a couple months ago. racing heart rate at 4am SUCKS and i ramped up from 10mcg to 50-60mcg.

you did 125 on day 2.
You can really hurt yourself with this stuff. Listen to your body. If it don't feel right, back off.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And please do not try and "fix" things by just adding even more hormonal compounds.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
I am 230 pounds and reasonably lean and I have NEVER gone over 50mcg and generally do just fine on 25mcg.

T3 should not be used as a primary fat burner if you can about muscle. It is there to augment your other efforts not take over. Also t4 in the presence of t3 will not work for long so basically you are overdosing at first because down regulation of TSH has not taken place yet and then as time passes your effective dose will lower at TSH will stop converting the t4 to t3

Disclaimer - I am not sure TSH is the right hormone name but either way the mechanism is still sound.

rombusempire

Awards
WHen you say you have not gone over 25mcg, how long were your T3 cycles.

For the disclaimer, TSH will get shutdown, but it is 5'deiodinase that converts T4 to T3, mostly at the peripheral tissues.

goonstopher

goonstopher

Awards
  • Established
WHen you say you have not gone over 25mcg, how long were your T3 cycles.

For the disclaimer, TSH will get shutdown, but it is 5'deiodinase that converts T4 to T3, mostly at the peripheral tissues.
I knew I was wrong on that part...

I run it as long as I feel like. The thyroid is one of if not the most resilient system in the body. Read the old studies of people being on t3 for decades on end then returning to normal in a few weeks. Generally anyone who is not predisposed to thyroid disease will not be shut down by exogenous t3 for longer than 2-3 weeks. A while ago someone named raver but out a $10,000 challenge for anyone who could prove one case of someone being permanently shut down by taking exogenous t3 and over the course of several year no one was able to take his money.