Advice please

Workman

Banned
Awards
Ok looking for some advice

I do weight graded endurance events and am sponsored. It is not much but it allows me to train full time.

I am required to weight 250lbs or more. I am currently 240 and need to gain 20 lbs. The reason being I lose about 10 pounds during the season from all of the racing.

My season starts in April

I have a tough time gaining weight.

I currently eat 8 meals a day. Half are food and half are shakes. I have to use so many shakes as some of them are consumed while training.

To maintain body weight I require approximately 5000 calories. I am currently bulking and am eating 6200 calories.

I just started drinking a shake when I wake up at night to take a piss.

I do endurance cardio work approximately 4 to 6 hours a day 6 days a week.

I am tested by my sponsor and at the events so I can not do AS. I dont' even want to try prohormones because if I test positive I will lose my sponsor and it will be all over.

My lifting is secondary but of course to gain muscle I need to do it.
I currently workout with weights 3 times a week for 1 hour hitting each body part 1 time per week.

Suggestions?

Blindfaith

Awards
just outta curiousity...what sport are you doing?

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
how often do you get tested? just do something that is out of your system shortly. or slin or something. definitely go with creatine since i hear you arent on it

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I do endurance cardio work approximately 4 to 6 hours a day 6 days a week.

I am tested by my sponsor and at the events so I can not do AS. I dont' even want to try prohormones because if I test positive I will lose my sponsor and it will be all over.

My lifting is secondary but of course to gain muscle I need to do it.
I currently workout with weights 3 times a week for 1 hour hitting each body part 1 time per week.

Suggestions?
workman
it is known that endurance running (in your case) is postively affected by addition of strength/power training... including exercises such as weighted and unweighted jumping exercises and leg presses. In the research i have looked up, it is said that the field tests included a 5km time trial, RE (running economy, peak 20, velocity and max horizontal jumps with alternating legs. Overall, it was found that imporvemetns in long term running endurance was related heavily to the changes in maximum strength and power exercise inclusions. So instead of retooling lets say your days you work out and tinkering with your split, try to change into using more powerlifts. Sage

TheCSWFighter

Awards
Buddy all the cardio your doing for that long makes your muscles go catabolic even if you are taking in a shake during it running for that long your asking not to gain any muscle. It's ridiculous even running that long for a endurance race. I've done alot of thing with endurance and i even know with olympic athletes dont run that much 6 days a week. It's not needed. If you really feel it is you need to up your calories alot more than 620 es[pecially at a wieght of 240 i would thin you'd have it more to maintain.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, 1-test is not a tested for metabolite currently. Other than that, you might try some fuzu and some creatine.

Workman

Banned
Awards
how often do you get tested? just do something that is out of your system shortly. or slin or something. definitely go with creatine since i hear you arent on it
During the season the races are every other week.

Workman

Banned
Awards
Buddy all the cardio your doing for that long makes your muscles go catabolic even if you are taking in a shake during it running for that long your asking not to gain any muscle. It's ridiculous even running that long for a endurance race. I've done alot of thing with endurance and i even know with olympic athletes dont run that much 6 days a week. It's not needed. If you really feel it is you need to up your calories alot more than 620 es[pecially at a wieght of 240 i would thin you'd have it more to maintain.

Bro I never said I was running 6 days a week.

Workman

Banned
Awards
Well, 1-test is not a tested for metabolite currently. Other than that, you might try some fuzu and some creatine.
I posted somewhere about creatine and the post was deleted I think.

It seems some people on here think creatine is no good or is that an inside joke?

Should I try the creatine?

I will do a search to find out what fuzu is.

Thanks

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine works good, there are posts on here saying so. There are many types of creatine, and some respond better to certain types than others. Fuzu is a tribulus product made by syntrax, which people say helps increase appetite.

Andy2k

Awards
Creatine is fine for short-term boosts, but isn't the be all and end all for endurance. If you do take it, make sure you really hydrate well - this stuff sucks up water like a sponge.
Your diet needs to include a bit of fat - after all you'll be working aerobically if you do endurance work. glutamine will help keep the muscles in good order, and maintaining muscle mass without anything which would test 'illegal' would also be helped by this.
Another thing is NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) which will help prevent muscle catabolism.
A decent multi-vit/mineral, especially the B and Iron will also help.

Workman

Banned
Awards
Creatine is fine for short-term boosts, but isn't the be all and end all for endurance. If you do take it, make sure you really hydrate well - this stuff sucks up water like a sponge.
Your diet needs to include a bit of fat - after all you'll be working aerobically if you do endurance work. glutamine will help keep the muscles in good order, and maintaining muscle mass without anything which would test 'illegal' would also be helped by this.
Another thing is NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) which will help prevent muscle catabolism.
A decent multi-vit/mineral, especially the B and Iron will also help.
I was told if I take Liver Tabs I don't need the multi vit????

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

I was told if I take Liver Tabs I don't need the multi vit????
yes. you can choose between the two. livertabs are rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acid and enzymes. I believe its most high in vitamins B complex, A, D, E, C....blah blah and etc etc. I will personally subsitute my first use of these with the multis ive always used. Worth a try when you can get 500 tabs for 9 bucks. Sage

Workman

Banned
Awards

yes. you can choose between the two. livertabs are rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acid and enzymes. I believe its most high in vitamins B complex, A, D, E, C....blah blah and etc etc. I will personally subsitute my first use of these with the multis ive always used. Worth a try when you can get 500 tabs for 9 bucks. Sage
Cool

Any place to find the vitamin and mineral content of the Liv Tabs? I looked on a couple sites at the Uni Liver but couldn't find the vitamin content.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1-test might give positive for DHT or even regular testosterone due to its similiarities. Stay away from all of this stuff!

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Cool

Any place to find the vitamin and mineral content of the Liv Tabs? I looked on a couple sites at the Uni Liver but couldn't find the vitamin content.
You're not going to find the vitamin content in liver tabs.

Workman

Banned
Awards
1-test might give positive for DHT or even regular testosterone due to its similiarities. Stay away from all of this stuff!

WOW thanks bro.

I just started reading all about it.

If I test positive I am screwed

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
doubtful, 1-test is actually dht-boldenone. This is a substance which they do not test for. It will not naturally increase dht or test levels, so it would not be noted in a steroid test.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

How would I go about figuring what supplements I can drop when I start Liver Tabs?
i wouldnt drop any other cept the multi workman. i do not know what vitamin/mineral supps you are taking currently but other if you keep the livertabs with extra vit C, i find that very basic and sound. stay away from too much fat-soluble vitamins. Sage

hey workman, this the best i could find....

What's in it?
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Tablets (60 grain)
Servings Per Container: 125
Amount Per Serving % DV*
Calories 7
Protein 1.7g 4%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 40 mcg 3%
Vitmain B2 (Riboflavin) 400 mcg 24%
Niacin 2 mg 10%
Vitmain B6 (Pyridoxine) 80 mcg 4%
Vitmain B12 24 mcg 400%
Folic Acid 52 mcg 13%
Biotin 10 mcg 3%
Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 26 mcg **
Choline 80 mg **
Inositol 14 mg **

Other ingredients: Dessicated bovine liver, whey, terra alba, choline citrate, inositol monophosphate, niacinamide, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin monophosphate, para-aminobenzoic acid, and cyanacobalamin.

Typical Amino Acid Profile (Per 120 Grains of Liver):
L-Arginine† 240 mg **
L-Leucine† 400 mg **
L-Isoleucine† 240 mg **
L-Valine† 280 mg **
L-Lysine† 380 mg **
L-Histidine† 12 mg **
L-Tryptophan† 50 mg **
L-Methionine† 110 mg **
L-Threonine† 180 mg **
L-Phenylalanine† 220 mg **
L-Tyrosine 160 mg **
L-Cystine 54 mg **
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. **Daily Value not established.

† The Ten Essential Amino Acids.
Note: The L-Tryptophan in this product is naturally occurring in the protein. It is not added or manufactured.

Ingredients:
This product contains all three essential branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs): L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine.

Workman

Banned
Awards

i wouldnt drop any other cept the multi workman. i do not know what vitamin/mineral supps you are taking currently but other if you keep the livertabs with extra vit C, i find that very basic and sound. stay away from too much fat-soluble vitamins. Sage

hey workman, this the best i could find....

What's in it?
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Tablets (60 grain)
Servings Per Container: 125
Amount Per Serving % DV*
Calories 7
Protein 1.7g 4%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 40 mcg 3%
Vitmain B2 (Riboflavin) 400 mcg 24%
Niacin 2 mg 10%
Vitmain B6 (Pyridoxine) 80 mcg 4%
Vitmain B12 24 mcg 400%
Folic Acid 52 mcg 13%
Biotin 10 mcg 3%
Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 26 mcg **
Choline 80 mg **
Inositol 14 mg **

Other ingredients: Dessicated bovine liver, whey, terra alba, choline citrate, inositol monophosphate, niacinamide, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin monophosphate, para-aminobenzoic acid, and cyanacobalamin.

Typical Amino Acid Profile (Per 120 Grains of Liver):
L-Arginine† 240 mg **
L-Leucine† 400 mg **
L-Isoleucine† 240 mg **
L-Valine† 280 mg **
L-Lysine† 380 mg **
L-Histidine† 12 mg **
L-Tryptophan† 50 mg **
L-Methionine† 110 mg **
L-Threonine† 180 mg **
L-Phenylalanine† 220 mg **
L-Tyrosine 160 mg **
L-Cystine 54 mg **
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. **Daily Value not established.

† The Ten Essential Amino Acids.
Note: The L-Tryptophan in this product is naturally occurring in the protein. It is not added or manufactured.

Ingredients:
This product contains all three essential branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs): L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine.
WOW I am suprised it has hardly any vitamins or minerals in it at all.

Workman

Banned
Awards
Thats why I said they're trace......Crowler.
Sorry I didn't see you say that, I thought you just said You're not going to find the vitamin content in liver tabs.

So I should keep taking my multi mineral vitamin?

BTW I am Workman, my roomate is Crowler.

Workman

Banned
Awards

Riiiiiight...

But I would drop the multi....thats a lot of fat soluble vitamins, could build up to be toxic over time.....
Which of the vits are fat soluable like A and E or are there others as well?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
IS this thread just to up your post count or does it serve a purpose? I have yet to see a recent question to help you achieve your previous goals....

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
creatine, glutamine, taurine...and liver tabs

also incorporate some plyometrics, since i think you said you weight trained only 3 days a week...I would at least go to 4, ....maybe add a day or two of plyometrics, that should help you in your sport, and also with gaining power and muscle..

http://www.webgate.net/~welchiro/plyometrics.html

not really sure if thats what your asking but thats what i said..lol

h19

DarCSA

Awards
Take a mild multi vitamin that is needed like 3 times a day to reach its nutritional values and some liver tabs. Other than that eat higher caloric foods. Problem solved.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Crowler, I still take all my vitamins same as before. The only ones I feel are totally unnecessary with liver tabs is B-complex and I have dropped those. No one gets enough E and C from natural foods.

Workman

Banned
Awards
WOW thanks alot guys VERY helpful.

I will admit I am confused by the advice given is opposite from each other. How do I decide who to follow? By the number of posts a person has, by the number of people who recommend something?

This is why I originally was interested in having one person train me but was told I shouldn't do this>

I appreciate ALL the advice thanks for taking the time to post.

I am a little unsure how to proceed now.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
WOW thanks alot guys VERY helpful.

I will admit I am confused by the advice given is opposite from each other. How do I decide who to follow? By the number of posts a person has, by the number of people who recommend something?
What contradictory posts are you talking about?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
lets clarify

what exactly do you seek advice for?  Im confused now too.

h19

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
You have several choices.

Take liver tabs and get vitamins from foods

Take liver tabs and take 1 out of 2 daily multivitamins.

Take liver tabs and take vitamins E, C, B complex, etc separately.

Not take liver tabs at all and take multi ( I do not suggest this.)

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
If you're bulking, drop the multi's with liver tabs. Simple. You're getting a sufficent amount of vitamins from all the food you're eating, like Benz said, add C and E because C bith are hard to get just through a diet.