Too little Carbs

M15

M15

Awards
I'm in the process of trying to diet off a lot of the weight that I put on last year. I can normally lose weight pretty quickly, by just lowering the amount of carbs that I consume later in the day with my normal workouts. recently I decided to completly remove starches from my diet in an effort to speed up this process and all of my weight loss has stopped. I was just wondering is it possible to be consuming too little carbs when dieting?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm in the process of trying to diet off a lot of the weight that I put on last year. I can normally lose weight pretty quickly, by just lowering the amount of carbs that I consume later in the day with my normal workouts. recently I decided to completly remove starches from my diet in an effort to speed up this process and all of my weight loss has stopped. I was just wondering is it possible to be consuming too little carbs when dieting?
It's hard to gauge since we don't know what you're consuming. Chances are you've just hit a bit of a plateau. Keep in mind you have to re-adjust your calories when you lose, so you may have to drop them a bit, but be careful not to drop them too far. Maybe also throw in a bit more cardio, possibly some higher intensity stuff. When I stall out, I usually throw in some hill training, or something similar that really gets my heart flying. Works every time.

manny1519

Awards
yeah, hiit is some serious plateau breaking cardio. I do 7 mins sprint/jog on a treadmill in between my superset workout for a total of 21 mins (3 sessions). By the time I am done, I am drenched in sweat and my calves feel like they are about to explode...watch your body transform with this...

risktaker

Awards
Up your fats and turn it into a keto diet since your carbs are really low.

Kina Mutai

Awards
Up your fats and turn it into a keto diet since your carbs are really low.
I agree but would try alternating a carb (low, of course) with a keto, depending on if its cardio day or lifting. Our bodies adapt very quickly and changing the diet constantly is something that works for me.

OEP, early morning cardio, and a breakfast of cottage cheese, walnuts, and olive oil, has helped me with weight loss.

Eat morning carbs only on lifting days.

That's just me, of course.