best practices to cut while holding onto muscle

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
So i have begun to cut for the summer. I have been swimming everyday, some times 2x a day to get ready for lifeguarding.

What is the best way to hold onto muscle while loosing fat and getting cardio up?

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
honestly don't take this as a smart ass response but run an anabolic. The two times I've really dieted down I ran tren and didn't lose a bit of muscle. Some of my lifts even increased.

crazym

Awards
For me it was to maintain my intra workout carbs. The first time i cut i lost alot and it was a horrible failure, the second time round i did things much the same but kept my 40gm dextrose intra workout and maintained nearly all my strength.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is different but I can tell you what works for me:

I took my regular five-day lifting schedule and condensed it to down to only three evenings each week (Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday).

Three days a week I do cardio after work (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) and three days a week I do cardio about 30 minutes after I wake up (Sunday, Thursday, and Friday) at low-to-moderate intensity.

I restrict calories and carbs Saturday night through Friday late morning.

I take a stim and a 3,3 dio product -- once before breakfast and then again about nine hours later.

For me, this translates into fat-loss without noticeable muscle loss.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
lean xtreme/lean FX/ EndoAmp Max.... all affordable options for keeping your muscle while cutting.

Kookahdoo

Kookahdoo

Awards
  • Established
For me, eating most of my carbs around workout and consuming light carbs throughout the day help me cut and lose minimal muscle.

But I'm very carb intolerant. Anything more than 150g/day and my body stores it.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For me, eating most of my carbs around workout and consuming light carbs throughout the day help me cut and lose minimal muscle.

But I'm very carb intolerant. Anything more than 150g/day and my body stores it.
Same here. Also adding BCAA's to my protein shakes has helped a ton too.