diet help

  1. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    diet help


    Ok so I posted before and I'm finally getting around to posting my diet info. I don't have the macros but ill get them soon. Body fat is 29% I am 5 foot 11 inches 265lbs. I am taking opti mens vitamens 2 times along with the alpha\oep stack along with endoamp. I also take flax seed and fiber pills at night. Here is my daily routine..


    500 am cardio workout
    530 to 630 am swimimming
    730 am egg white, turkey bacon sandwich on wheat thomas muffin
    1030 am usually a bannana or some type of fruit
    100 pm either a chicken or turkey sandwich on wheat hoggie with spinach broccoli tomotoes mushrooms and mustard.
    500 pm on Tuesday Wednesday Thursday boxing lessons usually 2hrs.
    730 pm spinach salad with chicken breast mushrooms broccoli cucumbers onions and walnuts with vinegrette dressing.


    I try to intake between 1400 and 1800 calories. I did the calculation and I think it said I have to intake 2500 calories so I know I'm way below what I am supposed to intake but I feel like this is the best way for me cut the weight. I wana lose between 3 to 5 lbs awk if possible. Any suggestions or tweaks please let me know. And if anyone has any ideas on post workout soreness please help with that because its hard to string together consecutive cardio without being so sore. Thanks for any help.

  2. New Member
    gainsvillian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    36.38%

    Your diet is really clean man, I'm impressed. Don't starve yourself though. You can't expect all the weight to come off immediately, and a lot of times people go so hard they burn themselves out and just give up. Take some days off too in there. You need a rest day every few days. The one change I would make to your diet is to eat another small meal about an hour before your boxing b/c you go without anything for 6 1/2 hours.

    The soreness should go away as you build strength. Those first few weeks are tough though. You have a pretty serious routine for a newbie too, so being sore comes with the territory. If it doesn't get better or start to decrease, then there may be something wrong there, but in all liklihood, it's "good" soreness.
  3. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Thanks and for the hunger, I don't have any cravings or any I'm hungry momnets due to the alpha\oep stack kills all cravings. And the boxing I like doing on a empty stomache because I look it at like doing cardio on an empty stomach.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Have you heard of axcell.. is it any good
  5. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    384
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

    you need to eat more, and have it spread throughout the day.. eat every 2-3 hours.. 1400 cals is way too low. losing 4-5 lbs a week consistently is crazy talk (may see this first few weeks), and unhealthy. complex carbs, good fats, and protein... add those in their, limit the good fats but still make sure you get them.. do 5 - 6 meals a day..
  6. New Member
    CrazyBassGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    339
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Be careful cutting too fast, be careful using supplements and pills and stuff. Its easy to lose muscle mass if you are on a really low cal diet and are taking pills like OEP which kill your appetite.

    Your diet looks good it terms of lean protein, complex carbs, veg etc but 1400 cals is not enough. 1800 might be, I dont know your metabolism etc.

    From 29%bf you will lose a good amount of fat by just eating clean and working out - I think OEP is unnecessary until you get down to about 15% and want to get cut up.

    Work hard, eat clean, take multivits and creatine if you want, but I wouldn't use "Fat burners" at this stage.

    This is what I have always thought - If I am wrong someone will tell me I'm sure
  7. New Member
    CrazyBassGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    339
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Also, on your muscle soreness thing. Sounds like not enough food to me........

    When I am cutting I can always tell if I have dropped my cals too low because I am sore for too many days after.
  8. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by zodiiac523 View Post
    you need to eat more, and have it spread throughout the day.. eat every 2-3 hours.. 1400 cals is way too low. losing 4-5 lbs a week consistently is crazy talk (may see this first few weeks), and unhealthy. complex carbs, good fats, and protein... add those in their, limit the good fats but still make sure you get them.. do 5 - 6 meals a day..
    What do you think I should add in?
  9. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBassGuy View Post
    Be careful cutting too fast, be careful using supplements and pills and stuff. Its easy to lose muscle mass if you are on a really low cal diet and are taking pills like OEP which kill your appetite.

    Your diet looks good it terms of lean protein, complex carbs, veg etc but 1400 cals is not enough. 1800 might be, I dont know your metabolism etc.

    From 29%bf you will lose a good amount of fat by just eating clean and working out - I think OEP is unnecessary until you get down to about 15% and want to get cut up.

    Work hard, eat clean, take multivits and creatine if you want, but I wouldn't use "Fat burners" at this stage.

    This is what I have always thought - If I am wrong someone will tell me I'm sure
    The reason I use oep is to supress my appetite. I don't smoke and I don't drink so I tend to boredom eat and oep has stopped that. And it gives me grea energy. I know I might be using it as a crutch but it seems to be helping. I would like to up my calories but don't know what else to add in.
  10. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    And I know my weight loss goals is high but I like set my standards high. Ill be happy with a lb a wk but if I can get more ill be even more happy. I was looking at the protein bars in the receipe section and that would add an xtra 250 calories to my diet. So maybe that will get my number up. And my spacing between meals I thought was suffeceint enough. Maybe I can add the protein bar between lunch and boxing like round 4. That will give me 5 meals.
  11. New Member
    CrazyBassGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    339
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    I follow roughly this when I cut - Just vary the quantities to give you the right cals (i use fitday.com for the meal planning)

    8am B-fast - Oats, milk, banana, (5-10g BCAAs)
    11am Snack 1 - Cottage Cheese, fruit
    2pm Lunch - Tuna/Chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread
    5:30pm Pre-Workout - 1 scoop protein shake + (5-10g BCAAs)
    6pm - Workout
    7pm Immediately Post Workout - 1 scoop protein shake, fruit juice + creatine
    8-9pm Dinner - Chicken, brown rice, veg

    If you play with the quanities you can make it fit you calorie needs.

    This works for me......
  12. New Member
    CrazyBassGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    228
    Rep Power
    339
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    I mix it up, so some red meat, some fish etc, but im not gonna post all 7 days of my diet, you can work the rest out im sure
  13. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBassGuy View Post
    I mix it up, so some red meat, some fish etc, but im not gonna post all 7 days of my diet, you can work the rest out im sure
    Cool, appreciate you. I was thinking of adding in axcell. So that will take care of my bcaas and protein shake sounds interesting to add in. Thanks
  14. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    384
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by luke brownlee View Post
    And I know my weight loss goals is high but I like set my standards high. Ill be happy with a lb a wk but if I can get more ill be even more happy. I was looking at the protein bars in the receipe section and that would add an xtra 250 calories to my diet. So maybe that will get my number up. And my spacing between meals I thought was suffeceint enough. Maybe I can add the protein bar between lunch and boxing like round 4. That will give me 5 meals.
    it has nothing to do with setting goals and reaching them, its just overall unhealthy to lose weight like that consistently, and you will be losing a **** ton of muscle in the process..

    breakfast
    1/2 cup oats
    2 whole eggs
    4 egg whites

    snack
    8 oz chicken/tuna
    1 cup brown rice

    Lunch
    8 oz red meat/chicken/turkey/fish
    4 oz sweet potato

    Pre - Workout
    1.5 scoops whey
    10 G BCAA
    (maybe add about 5 G glutamine as well)

    Post Workout
    2 Scoops whey
    1/2 cup oats (your muscles need carbs after a workout however if you just do cardio or what not i wouldnt add the oats)

    Diner
    8 oz red meat/turkey/fish
    1 cup broccoli

    this is just an example of what a meal plan should kind of look like, do research find foods you like that are clean and make a diet out of them, if you dont see changes in bf take some carbs out and readjust... find what works for you... remember to always have protein every meal, and make all your carb choices complex.. and the fats you get should come from your meat,nuts, or your healthy oils...
  15. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by zodiiac523 View Post
    it has nothing to do with setting goals and reaching them, its just overall unhealthy to lose weight like that consistently, and you will be losing a **** ton of muscle in the process..

    breakfast
    1/2 cup oats
    2 whole eggs
    4 egg whites

    snack
    8 oz chicken/tuna
    1 cup brown rice

    Lunch
    8 oz red meat/chicken/turkey/fish
    4 oz sweet potato

    Pre - Workout
    1.5 scoops whey
    10 G BCAA
    (maybe add about 5 G glutamine as well)

    Post Workout
    2 Scoops whey
    1/2 cup oats (your muscles need carbs after a workout however if you just do cardio or what not i wouldnt add the oats)

    Diner
    8 oz red meat/turkey/fish
    1 cup broccoli

    this is just an example of what a meal plan should kind of look like, do research find foods you like that are clean and make a diet out of them, if you dont see changes in bf take some carbs out and readjust... find what works for you... remember to always have protein every meal, and make all your carb choices complex.. and the fats you get should come from your meat,nuts, or your healthy oils...
    Ok thanks for the tips. I'm going to change up my diet. It will probally look like this

    530 To 700 cardio after cardio I will take 1.5 scoop of whey with thr bcaa
    800 egg whites and steel cut oats
    1100 tuna and brown rice or chicken and brown rice
    100 chicken breast or sum type of lean meat and sweet potatoe or maybe some vegetables or a salad
    400 prework out whey drink
    500 to 700 boxing Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
    Post work out whey drink
    730ish lean meat with some vegetables.

    Cool. I will make these changes. Thank you for the help. Guess I got to start liking the taste of whey, ha. I'm want to do this the right way and the healthy way.
  16. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    384
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by luke brownlee View Post
    Ok thanks for the tips. I'm going to change up my diet. It will probally look like this

    530 To 700 cardio after cardio I will take 1.5 scoop of whey with thr bcaa
    800 egg whites and steel cut oats
    1100 tuna and brown rice or chicken and brown rice
    100 chicken breast or sum type of lean meat and sweet potatoe or maybe some vegetables or a salad
    400 prework out whey drink
    500 to 700 boxing Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
    Post work out whey drink
    730ish lean meat with some vegetables.

    Cool. I will make these changes. Thank you for the help. Guess I got to start liking the taste of whey, ha. I'm want to do this the right way and the healthy way.
    that looks alot better, i would maybe add some plain bcaa before morning cardio.. will help maintain muscle and not interfere with the fasted cardio
  17. New Member
    gainsvillian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    36.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by luke brownlee View Post
    Guess I got to start liking the taste of whey, ha. I'm want to do this the right way and the healthy way.
    What whey are you using now? There are a few out there that taste awesome. ON Gold Standard and Myofusion are probably the best overall in both taste and performance.
  18. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    I hink I'm using thr gnc brand
  19. New Member
    gainsvillian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    36.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by luke brownlee View Post
    I hink I'm using thr gnc brand
    I've never tried it, but just an FYI - GNC is a ripoff! I'm not sure what their own brand stuff goes for, but if you compare brand name supps at GNC to prices online, it's like night and day, even after shipping costs. TF and Nutraplanet are both great sites to get supps from. I would bet that you'll probably pay around the same price for ON Gold Standard Whey online as you do for GNC brand in their store and it doesn't get much better then Gold Standard. Next time you need to re-up your stash, do the comparison.
  20. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by gainsvillian View Post
    I've never tried it, but just an FYI - GNC is a ripoff! I'm not sure what their own brand stuff goes for, but if you compare brand name supps at GNC to prices online, it's like night and day, even after shipping costs. TF and Nutraplanet are both great sites to get supps from. I would bet that you'll probably pay around the same price for ON Gold Standard Whey online as you do for GNC brand in their store and it doesn't get much better then Gold Standard. Next time you need to re-up your stash, do the comparison.
    Cool thanks for the tip. I'm going to look into it now. Might as well order that with the axcell I'm going to get.
  21. New Member
    luke brownlee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.75%

    Thanx for the help people. Don't know if anyone is guna read this but with the diet help I lost 4lbs last wk.. thank you again for everything
  22. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    384
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by luke brownlee View Post
    Thanx for the help people. Don't know if anyone is guna read this but with the diet help I lost 4lbs last wk.. thank you again for everything
    word bro, keep it up.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 05:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 02:09 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in