fat lose diet question

M

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
on a fat lose diet what should my carbs/protien/fats look like in grams per day plz help me !!!

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
There's not set diet that's the magic number. I think people who follow "The Zone" diet would argue 40-30-30 (C-P-F), but that doesn't necessarily work if you're in the gym training a few times a week and trying to gain muscle. Personally, I follow 30-50-20 (C-P-F) and say you want to be somewhere around there, maybe swapping a little protien for carbs down to maybe 40-40-20 or somewhere in the middle. More importantly, watch calories in vs. calories out and eat clean.

Naberious

Naberious

Awards
Like others have stated in other threads similar to this, everyones diet will vary depending on body type, metabolism, etc...

That being said, a few things that are always constant are cutting out sugars, lots of water, no junk food...

Most people will tell you to do something like a 40/40/20 (protein/carb/fat). My diet is drastically different as I'm running a cyclical keto diet which, unless I'm carbing up, is 45/0/55 (protein/carb/fat) usually... at around 3300 cals.

You just need to experiment with different macro numbers and see where your "sweet spot" is.

W

walker2

Awards
fat loose

1 pound of fat burns only 2 calories a day while 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories a day, three times the amount. And it takes 20% of your thermal metabolism to burn each protein calorie, 8% of each carbohydrate calorie and 2% of each fat calorie for digestion. So remember to increase lean protein into your diet

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1 pound of fat burns only 2 calories a day while 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories a day, three times the amount. And it takes 20% of your thermal metabolism to burn each protein calorie, 8% of each carbohydrate calorie and 2% of each fat calorie for digestion. So remember to increase lean protein into your diet
Increasing lean protein is IMO, a stop gap approach. Because it is the least efficient energy source the thought is that by consuming more of it, it will displace more efficient macros. This is not always the case because some people will just add it to what they were already eating.

Thermogenic differences in macros can be compensated for by simply adjusting calories (if you're not counting them you are only guessing anyway). A high fat diet should have less calories than one that is higher in protein.