fat lose diet question

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.56%

fat lose diet question

on a fat lose diet what should my carbs/protien/fats look like in grams per day plz help me !!!

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.4%

There's not set diet that's the magic number. I think people who follow "The Zone" diet would argue 40-30-30 (C-P-F), but that doesn't necessarily work if you're in the gym training a few times a week and trying to gain muscle. Personally, I follow 30-50-20 (C-P-F) and say you want to be somewhere around there, maybe swapping a little protien for carbs down to maybe 40-40-20 or somewhere in the middle. More importantly, watch calories in vs. calories out and eat clean.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.19%

Like others have stated in other threads similar to this, everyones diet will vary depending on body type, metabolism, etc...

That being said, a few things that are always constant are cutting out sugars, lots of water, no junk food...

Most people will tell you to do something like a 40/40/20 (protein/carb/fat). My diet is drastically different as I'm running a cyclical keto diet which, unless I'm carbing up, is 45/0/55 (protein/carb/fat) usually... at around 3300 cals.

You just need to experiment with different macro numbers and see where your "sweet spot" is.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92%

fat loose

1 pound of fat burns only 2 calories a day while 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories a day, three times the amount. And it takes 20% of your thermal metabolism to burn each protein calorie, 8% of each carbohydrate calorie and 2% of each fat calorie for digestion. So remember to increase lean protein into your diet
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by walker2 View Post
    1 pound of fat burns only 2 calories a day while 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories a day, three times the amount. And it takes 20% of your thermal metabolism to burn each protein calorie, 8% of each carbohydrate calorie and 2% of each fat calorie for digestion. So remember to increase lean protein into your diet
    Increasing lean protein is IMO, a stop gap approach. Because it is the least efficient energy source the thought is that by consuming more of it, it will displace more efficient macros. This is not always the case because some people will just add it to what they were already eating.

Thermogenic differences in macros can be compensated for by simply adjusting calories (if you're not counting them you are only guessing anyway). A high fat diet should have less calories than one that is higher in protein.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need Help with diet to lose weight
    By nightside1234 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
  2. what diet would you have to lose fat around the midsection?
    By gatorade12 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
  3. Cheat to Lose Diet
    By cranghel099 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 01:53 PM
  4. Cheat to Lose Diet
    By Jay Madden in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 02:09 AM
  5. Same diet, with cardio will I lose fat?
    By DobermanXXL in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 04:22 PM