Easy Cardio ??

reeftank03

reeftank03

Awards
When doing cardio is it better to wear heavy clothing like sweat shirts, heavy hoodie or lighter clothing like t-shirts or tank tops. Looking to drop my body fat at least 3 percent.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Light clothing is going to keep you cooler, and not sweat as much. For some, that is.

Heavy clothing, is gonna heat you up quickly, and getting you sweating buckets. So keep hydrated.

I'd give it a go in heavy clothing, and see if you can tolerate it.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Its gonna depend on how badass you are.

I'm really not joking, I wouldn't go running in the summer with a jumper on......

If you want to make your cardio less easy or get you more ripped, try HIIT.

Or throw on a pair of shorts, an old beater, and a rucksack with a couple of 45lb plates in it.

That sorts the men from the boys !:AR15firing:

I'm trying to drop a few % for the summer too and I'm using fasted HIIT in the form of bodyweight circuit training in the morning

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sweating out water weight isn't dropping body fat. I'd go with comfortable clothing so I can put out and get the most out of my workouts rather than overheat, become dehydrated, or just generally not put out as hard because I'm I feel like I already had due to being hot and sweaty.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When doing cardio is it better to wear heavy clothing like sweat shirts, heavy hoodie or lighter clothing like t-shirts or tank tops. Looking to drop my body fat at least 3 percent.
It doesn't matter what you wear re cardio - it's not going to affect your fat loss. As CopyCat said, just wear what you're comfortable with - and if that changes depending on the day (like it does with me; some days I'll wear trackies and a t-shirt, and others, a singlet and short shorts), then so be it.

As a sidenote, if you're looking at losing fat, then make sure your NUTRITION AND TRAINING are set up for it!

~Team APPNUT

orangerain

Awards
I prefer wearing comfortable clothes (jogging pants, a shirt, rubber shoes) since I get more out of my work out with those. I tried wearing sweatshirts and all, it just made me feel uncomfortable since I feel like I'm overheating- which discouraged me from going on with the routine.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
sweating out water weight isn't dropping body fat. I'd go with comfortable clothing so I can put out and get the most out of my workouts rather than overheat, become dehydrated, or just generally not put out as hard because I'm I feel like I already had due to being hot and sweaty.
I agree. Plus if you're that dehydrated, you're just risking injury imo. If you make it to hard and uncomfortable you're not going to stick with it.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
theres no real point to workout in heavy clothes because your only going to lose the water weight for a very short period of time. Wrestlers do it to make weight, they run forever but afterwards you can drink any water otherwise you will gain it right back. You need to limit water consumption if you water to drop water weight, or use a duretic.