Sleep and Testosterone

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I posted this on bb.com but they moved it to the supplements section for some odd reason, and nobody's postin anything about it.

Does sleep affect your test levels. Like if you lack sleep, say only get about 5 hours of sleep a night, are your test levels going to drop, as in maybe libido loss etc..

thanks for any info anyone can provide

Eric

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I posted this on bb.com but they moved it to the supplements section for some odd reason, and nobody's postin anything about it.

Does sleep affect your test levels. Like if you lack sleep, say only get about 5 hours of sleep a night, are your test levels going to drop, as in maybe libido loss etc..

thanks for any info anyone can provide

Eric
I think that that is true. Sleep, diet, stess at work they all effect the level of test in your body. Also, levels are dependent on the time of day labs are done, and the amount of time since your last workout will also be a factor. I read a study somewhere that did a study of new fathers and showed that their level of test was lower after the child was born then before, they made the assumption that lack of sleep because of having a screaming new baby in the house at night had something to do with it.

I also read a few studies about visceral (sp??) body fat has alot to do with the ratio of test to estrogen in the blood stream.

bigpump23

Awards
Yes sleep is critcal for test and even fat loss, you grow when you sleep..it's that simple

sugashane

Awards
I sleep as much as possible, and I have noticed alot more gains since I started (9-10 a night).

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
I think it depends on the individual. Myself for example, I used to work 5 days a week at a very non stressfull job, sleep at least 8 hours a day, and didn't have much stress in my life. After i graduated from college, got a new job working 12 hour nights at a very stressfull job, sleeping on average 5-6 hours a day, sometimes as little as 4. Back when I was living the non stressfull all factors for training for good gains and test levels, I had my test levels checked which came out at 650. Just recently I had test levels checked cause of lack of sex drive and just being tired, i attribute it to the very stressfull job and lack of sleep. It came out to 658. This is within a 5 year period. I figured since I was now in my 30's it would be alot lower but it actually came out higher. Gains seem to be no different in training. So for me, test levels haven't been changed. Of course since I have only had it checked twice in a 5 year period there could be fluctuations. What does this all mean? Just one persons response or lack there of to minimal sleep.

alke

Awards
I get 10 hours a night (if I have anything to say about it, but life gets in the way sometimes) If I dont get the sleep I want then my lifts suffer, specially anything dealing with legs or back.

Lack of sleep, a night of drinking and some dehydration = best to stay home or end of getting injured......

I think test levels are higher in the morning @7:00 am or something, but I am not sure.....I know I wake up with the launch sequence activated :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Testosterone levels (due to increased LH pulses) along with GH levels peak about 2-3 hours into REM sleep. Lack of sleep most definetly effects test and GH levels so it is very important to get an adequate amount.

Mike Oxlong

Awards
I knew that GH levels peaked at the time Bobo stated, but I read somewhere that a person's test levels are highest in the morning? Maybe this was just compared to the rest of the waking day??

size

Awards
  • Established
Sleep is important.

The stages of sleep is a repetitive cycle. REM sleep increases in length as one sleeps for longer periods. For instance, the first time one reaches REM sleep in may only last 10minutes, but as the sleep cycle continually repeats itself, the time spent in REM increases(a good thing). REM sleep is important for brain function. Consequently, continuous sleep is beneficial so more time is spent in REM.

If you are having trouble sleeping maybe think about using valium or ambien. It will help one sleep better and GH release.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew that GH levels peaked at the time Bobo stated, but I read somewhere that a person's test levels are highest in the morning? Maybe this was just compared to the rest of the waking day??
Nope, its during the first hours of sleep. Some people that try to justify bridging do not seem to understand that point.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established