~The diet for losing weight~

BB Ambitious

Awards
What should a diet look like to properly cut weight down? Less calories/Carbs :fest30:

----------------------------

What should training look like?

I'm currently 19, 5'8, and weigh 194, so what should my diet look like? From the time I get up until I go to bed.

vadox6466

ok, take my advice, i been bodybuilding for 23 years, my biceps are 12 inches, i know what works

my diet.
breakfast, bowl of water, 2 tic tacs
lunch, tomatoe soup, cigarrette
dinner, half banana, bottle of perrier

try that

BB Ambitious

Awards
ok, take my advice, i been bodybuilding for 23 years, my biceps are 12 inches, i know what works

my diet.

try that
:sad6:

I was being serious, my body fat is 16.6% I want to cut down before I start a serious routine.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i actually dont know but im interested in this question

Seebas

Seebas

Awards
Bro it's all very differnt. Depends what you want and how fast you want. IMO I'd try to see how your diet is currently. Analyze you meal intake for like three days. See whAt you eAt, how much you eat, and how often. This will give you a general idea of what your metabolism looks like and as well as the kind of foods you take in. Being that your 16.6% BF, you gotta see how many cals you take in a day and try to cut back as much as you can...now I say as much as you can not tottaly cut yourself. If you shock ur body ull feel like sh&@. So first step is to see where your at interms of metabolism thne design a meal plan that will promote an increas in your current metabolism and a normal workout routine that will help burn the fat and minimize muscle loss.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What should a diet look like to properly cut weight down? Less calories/Carbs :fest30:

What should training look like?

I'm currently 19, 5'8, and weigh 194, so what should my diet look like? From the time I get up until I go to bed.
Read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - all the information re nutrition and training for fat loss are in there, and once you've read it, you should be able to put something together for yourself. That aside, if you want a step-by-step plan written specifically for you, then you could just get a personal trainer.

~Team APPNUT

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards

my diet.

try that
Do this, but skip the banana. It's not worth the shame you'll feel after eating it

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
Seriously though, you gotta do a little research and find out a little about food science and why certain things are and aren't good for you. It's like the teach a man to fish line...

Once you get a feel for things, start playing with different meal plans. Generally speaking, you need to eat clean, cut out processed foods and sugars, and hit the gym hard. For me, I need to be around 2000 cals to cut. Others are higher/lower. There are a few websites that'll help you track your daily cals so you can see cals in vs. cals out. PM me if you want a basic cut diet to get you going.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I especially enjoyed reading about resistance training over cadio. I have been doing cardio for years and just like the author, stuck at like 15%.

My diet always seems to suck, I'm on a cut and this is what I consumed yesterday(typical day) Been lifting for most of my adult life, very strong, 5,7 205 bench 275 8 to 10xs, good for 10-12 good pull ups (3 sets) I'm strong and muscular....just trying to get lean and lose the love handles
33 years old. I feel I would look unreal if I could just lose this belly fat and get down to 190-185.

8am-3 red potato's mixed with onioins/pepper 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs
10-banana
11-whey/water 3 scoops (at work, on a roof busting ass)
1- " "
3-4- apple another water shake (otw home in truck)
6- lean ground meat with sauce (picked out of pasta that my wife made)
8-9- whey in about a cup of 1% milk with nattty p-butter

thoughts? suggestions? please

BB Ambitious

Awards
I especially enjoyed reading about resistance training over cadio. I have been doing cardio for years and just like the author, stuck at like 15%.

My diet always seems to suck, I'm on a cut and this is what I consumed yesterday(typical day) Been lifting for most of my adult life, very strong, 5,7 205 bench 275 8 to 10xs, good for 10-12 good pull ups (3 sets) I'm strong and muscular....just trying to get lean and lose the love handles
33 years old. I feel I would look unreal if I could just lose this belly fat and get down to 190-185.

8am-3 red potato's mixed with onioins/pepper 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs
10-banana
11-whey/water 3 scoops (at work, on a roof busting ass)
1- " "
3-4- apple another water shake (otw home in truck)
6- lean ground meat with sauce (picked out of pasta that my wife made)
8-9- whey in about a cup of 1% milk with nattty p-butter

thoughts? suggestions? please
Well based on the diet in this link http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

You aren't eating right at all, where's the green veggies, casein protein, fat, and carbs? Your body must be screaming at you for more nutrients.

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
Quest - you definitely have a lot of room for improvement. Switch out the red potatoes for sweet potatoes if you want to keep them in there at breakfast. Are you saying you just eat shakes between 10-6? You gotta throw in another meal in there. Also, no need to put more than 2 scoops of protien in your shakes. I'm assuming 1 scoop has somewhere btwn 20-25g protien, right? Your body can only properly use so much at a time, so that third scoop isnt necessary. It looks like you could use another carb source mid-day other than from fruits. Add some oats, brown rice, or have a turkey sandwich for lunch instead of the shake. Just make sure it's on 100% whole wheat w/ no high-fructose corn syrup. Like BB said, add some green veggies in there too. Even though the natty pb will slow the absorption of the whey for your last meal, it'll still absorb way faster than casein. Either invest in some casein to mix or switch out that last shake for some FF cottage cheese.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys I appreciate the advice TY.

I don't know why I can't get the eating down. The only thing I make gains are with bulking or eating like a horse. I'm not sloppy fat or anything, just not lean...

I have started running (outside off of a treadmill) recently but I know **** is not going to change unless I learn to eat.

So the three small red tators aren't a good source of carbs first thing before work? I own a small biz and bust ass in the FL sun all day usually cleaning a roof. Thinking they would fuel me well for mornings work?
Why are sweet potatoes better?

I can't stand oats and I stopped eating the instant stuff because I thought the tators being natural and no sugar would be much better.
I also eat egg sandwiches in the morning on whole wheat 9 grain bread, but was thinking the tators were a better choice.

I'll just have to start packing lunch with a salad, eating out of my work truck
sucks.

I need to get a tub of casein also? I eat the natty p-butter because I thought it was casein. I have been reading and asking Q's to some folks at the gym and they always recommend a natural food before a synthetic??

thanks guys

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
Regular potatoes are high-glycemic and absorb very quickly spiking blood-sugar. Sweet potoatoes have a much lower glycemic level, which means the sugars absorb much slower not creating a spike. The only time you want a spike is post-workout. So in a nutshell, the only time you want high-glycemic carbs sugars are post-workout to force an insulin spike, any other time, you are trying to avoid a spike in blood sugar, which is why slower absorbing carbs are best, such as oats.

If you don't like oats, you did the right thing in avoiding instant oatmeal...way to much sugar. Go with 100% whole wheat bread and spread some natty pb on it.

Casein doesn't come from plant protiens, so no casin in PB. Natural PB is great, and a good source of healthy fats, but no casein. Cheese is the best source of casein, specifically the curd, whcih is why cottage cheese is the most popular and effective way to get casein. I would rec that over a powder, but either are effective.