Check my diet please,..:)

bighoss75

bighoss75

Awards
Critique my diet please, if you will, so far i have been doing daily, plus Carb-up on weekend

PROTEINS

Chicken 4-6oz

Hard boiled eggs 2-3

Shrimp 5-6oz

lean beef 4-6oz
------------------
SIDES with Protein

fresh celery -varies

Green beans 1/2 cup

Broccoli 1/2-1 cup

salad, mainly ice-burg,romaine -varies

full fat cottage cheese 1/2 cup
--------------------

PROTEIN SUPP

Optimum nutrition

gold standard Whey
mixed with 1/2 water 1/2 skim 3 x day

Last shake of the day, add Natural PB, 2-3 tbs

the above Proteins, I mix it up daily, but 3-4 of one of the above everyday

Goal fat loss, and keeping mass, perhaps adding if possible
-----
Stats
Height= 5'7
Weight= 265

Should also note, I was born with a disability, Bilateral club feet, 12 corrective surgery's so a lot of leg work is out of the question, How ever I do bike 45 minutes every morning, and about 30 in the evening's
Soon as i drop a bit more weight, strength training starts in a week or so,

bighoss75

bighoss75

Awards
I should not assume, but since no reply, i guess everything LQQK's fine?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
get rid of the cottage cheese, other than that looks okay.

bighoss75

bighoss75

Awards
Really?..I was useing it for the casin protein,

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Critique my diet please, if you will, so far i have been doing daily, plus Carb-up on weekend

PROTEINS

Chicken 4-6oz

Hard boiled eggs 2-3

Shrimp 5-6oz

lean beef 4-6oz
------------------
SIDES with Protein

fresh celery -varies

Green beans 1/2 cup

Broccoli 1/2-1 cup

salad, mainly ice-burg,romaine -varies

full fat cottage cheese 1/2 cup
--------------------

PROTEIN SUPP

Optimum nutrition

gold standard Whey
mixed with 1/2 water 1/2 skim 3 x day

Last shake of the day, add Natural PB, 2-3 tbs

the above Proteins, I mix it up daily, but 3-4 of one of the above everyday

Goal fat loss, and keeping mass, perhaps adding if possible
-----
Stats
Height= 5'7
Weight= 265

Should also note, I was born with a disability, Bilateral club feet, 12 corrective surgery's so a lot of leg work is out of the question, How ever I do bike 45 minutes every morning, and about 30 in the evening's
Soon as i drop a bit more weight, strength training starts in a week or so,

im kinda lost here, maybe break down your day by each meal and i could help a bit..

IE
meal 1
1 cup oats
6 egg whites

meal 2
8 oz chicken
1 cup broccli

just examples

Yeah I mean really you should avoid all dairy on a cut IMO
idk, i cut milk and all other dairy out on a cut, i still have my cottage cheese and almonds pre bed though... i def wouldnt go with the full fat CC though..2% or non fat CC is what i roll with..

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
im kinda lost here, maybe break down your day by each meal and i could help a bit..

IE
meal 1
1 cup oats
6 egg whites

meal 2
8 oz chicken
1 cup broccli

just examples

idk, i cut milk and all other dairy out on a cut, i still have my cottage cheese and almonds pre bed though... i def wouldnt go with the full fat CC though..2% or non fat CC is what i roll with..
yeah i mean you might be able to get away with it....but i've always been told to stay away from dairy...maybe on a cheat day or something it'd be okay.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
yeah i mean you might be able to get away with it....but i've always been told to stay away from dairy...maybe on a cheat day or something it'd be okay.
i mean its prob a good thing to cut out if you are overweight, or want to lose bf quicker at the cost of more muscle than necessary but im in no hurry on mine, and it is cheaper than casein protein..

bighoss75

bighoss75

Awards

IE
meal 1
1 cup oats
6 egg whites

meal 2
8 oz chicken
1 cup broccli

just examples

ok basic day would be like this

Exercise 45- min on bike. about 60% effort

Meal 1

3-4 egg white omelet

----------------------
Meal 2

Protein shake, 2 scoop,
Mixed with 1/2 water 1/2skim milk
--------------------------------
Meal 3

Chicken, 4-6oz, or shrimp ,lean beef oz, amounts the same
maybe 1 more oz for shrimp, fish ect,
Small green salad with fat free, dressing -about 2 cup's greens
------------------------------------------------------------
Meal 4
Another Shake, same as above,
Another 30-45 minutes on bike, same Intensity lvl about 60%

Meal 5
More Chicken,beef,shrimp,fish, same oz- 4-6oz
And 1/2 cup cottage cheese ,.will get 2% instead of full fat got full cause less carbs
small salad again, same as above, if i'm still a bit hungry,
-----------------------------------------------------------

Meal 6

Another Protein shake this time add natural PB to it,..:) Zzzzzzzz

Rinse and repeat!

RedneckDB

Awards
what food source would you recommend for casein protein instead of cottage cheese that isn't dairy then?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
what food source would you recommend for casein protein instead of cottage cheese that isn't dairy then?
To be honest I don't think there is a food source for casein protein that isn't dairy. You're better off using some Optimum casein....if budget is a concern then you can always use an off brand protein that will be cheaper. I just don't know too many BBers that have dairy on their diets but then again I could be totally wrong some might.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
ok basic day would be like this

Exercise 45- min on bike. about 60% effort

Meal 1
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal

----------------------
Meal 2

6-8 oz meat (tuna/chicken)
1 cup brown rice

--------------------------------
Meal 3

8 oz meat (Chicken,Red meat,Fish,turkey)
1-2 cups broccoli (if your wanting to shed weight faster)
or
4 oz sweet potato (if your wanting to maintain a little more)

Meal 4
Another Shake, same as above,

is this post w/o shake?
Another 30-45 minutes on bike, same Intensity lvl about 60%

Confused here, do you workout around this time then bike after?

Meal 5
8 oz meat (red meat, Turkey, Fish)
1-2 cups broccoli

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meal 6
1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
2 tbsp peanut butter

or

Casein Shake with added 1tbsp EVOO or coconut oil.. or you could keep adding the peanut butter for your fats here as well..

Rinse and repeat!

Suggestions in bold, obviously the more carbs you have the less the weight loss will be but its very hard to maintain much muscle if you cut carbs completely unless you try keto..

bighoss75

bighoss75

Awards
Suggestions in bold, obviously the more carbs you have the less the weight loss will be but its very hard to maintain much muscle if you cut carbs completely unless you try keto..
Yeah thank you very much for you're input.:)..I was going for CKD Perhaps we could do a meet in the middle thing, only thing I think of doing is try each for a good 2 weeks, note progress, and stick with whats working best for me,..

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
it seems like alot to me 2 cardios a day for 45 min each everday.i have worked out every day but i mostly work up to it.i see alot of ppl write up a plan like this then after 2 weeks they find out it's 2 much and they quite i do not know you or your work out history this is just my opinion if your just starting out you should scale it back then work your way up try dieting mon thru fri. and cardio 3 days aweek try some weight training 2 of the other days. run that for a month then move up to cardio 4 days a week.this i just my opinion. good luck

RedneckDB

Awards
To be honest I don't think there is a food source for casein protein that isn't dairy. You're better off using some Optimum casein....if budget is a concern then you can always use an off brand protein that will be cheaper. I just don't know too many BBers that have dairy on their diets but then again I could be totally wrong some might.
I will look into it I guess then but for now a good cottage cheese is just fine for me but when I have more money i think a casein powder will be on the shopping list, whey is more of a priority so I buy that, and lots of chicken, rice, veggies, oats etc :)

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thank you very much for you're input.:)..I was going for CKD Perhaps we could do a meet in the middle thing, only thing I think of doing is try each for a good 2 weeks, note progress, and stick with whats working best for me,..
totally missed where you said carb up days on weekend in first post...if your going CKD just take the carbs out add veggies and more fats... I tried CKD for about a 1 1/2 months and hated every minute of it, felt like **** all day, and had horrible workouts, but saw good losses in bf while doing it, pretty much no increase of strength for me though..

bighoss75

bighoss75

Awards
it seems like alot to me 2 cardios a day for 45 min each everday.i have worked out every day but i mostly work up to it.i see alot of ppl write up a plan like this then after 2 weeks they find out it's 2 much and they quite i do not know you or your work out history this is just my opinion if your just starting out you should scale it back then work your way up try dieting mon thru fri. and cardio 3 days aweek try some weight training 2 of the other days. run that for a month then move up to cardio 4 days a week.this i just my opinion. good luck
This is going on my 4th week, I first started out doing 15 min, a day, every other day and worked my way up to this schedule , I have very Bad knees and feet, born with club feet, so i'm doing my best but i'm a very stubborn person, doc even said i should be in a wheelchair already, but thats not for me,..i'm starting strength training this week so I might cut the cardio to off strength days, except warm-up,..:)

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
I will look into it I guess then but for now a good cottage cheese is just fine for me but when I have more money i think a casein powder will be on the shopping list, whey is more of a priority so I buy that, and lots of chicken, rice, veggies, oats etc :)
Cottage cheese is fine but switch to Fat Free. 120 cals 30g protein FTW