Losing the last bit

acwingfoot

Awards
for a cardio regime do think that LISS for say 40 min on an empty stomach or 15 - 20 minutes HIIT with 5 minutes warm-up ( 20- 25 min. total) is better for shedding the last few pounds without losing the muscle. I know this an ever debated topic, but I'd much rather get my cardio over with in 20 minutes then walk for what seems like forever ( as well as I hate doing anything before I eat breakfast! I look forward t akfast before I go to bed lol!)

Just wonderin' what everyone's .02 is? I changed up my wieght routine to shock the body, hopefully giving me a little edge there but unsure on the cardio part. I want to retain as much muscle as possible. just drop about 3 -4 lbs of fat.

I know diet is key and 3500 cals = 1 pound of fat. SO i understand the cals in cals out ideology.

thanks!

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
two optimal times for cardio is before first meal, or after lifting... you dont have to do it first thing of a morning, do it after a good lift... i prefer hiit over steady state, not as time consuming and i personally have better results... drink bcaa's before or intra cardio to help maintain as much muscle as possible..