Weight Loss Help - AnabolicMinds.com

Weight Loss Help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

Weight Loss Help

In about 6 weeks I will be going to the beach and I know I am in no such shape so it is time to finally lose some body fat.

Background: I am 6'0'', 190 pds, and I have never been "skinny" or "toned" in my life despite being active. I have been lifting for four years now and have been lifting 4 days a week for the past 10 months. In addition to lifting I have had hockey practice/game everyday, so it has been difficult to gain a lot of muscle with that high amount of cardio. Now that the season is over and the beach is quickly approaching it is time to cut down as much as possible!

Goal: Lose as much body fat as possible within the next 6 weeks. Specifically targeting the lower ab region and chest.

Lifting Schedule :

Mon. - Chest / triceps. Cardio ( Bike for 30 min. + 90 min. skate)
    Wed. - Back / biceps. ( 90 min skate)
    Sat. - Legs
    Sun. - Chest / triceps (30 min bike)

Food intake:

Breakfast- 3 waffles w/ I cant believe its not butter spray
    1 Banana

Lunch- Salad (Romaine, Tomato, Cheese), Ceaser Dressing, Apple, Trail Mix Bar

Dinner - Either pasta or chicken of some sort.

Supplements:
    Whey Protein w/ Glutamine.

Advice:

I am hoping that you guys will help critique my diet and workout so that I will be able to reach my goal.

If you know of any fat burning supplements that you would recommend and why I would greatly appreciate it.

On a side note: I make it a point to do some form of cardio when I don't do it at the gym. I either do sprints, hit my punching bag or play soccer. I also do abs atleast once a day.

Thank you all for the help!

2. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you want to lose as much body fat as possible, why not incorporate a fat loss supplement like ALPHA-T2 into your regiment?
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

Anyone have personal experience with this supplement?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Your diet sucks. How much whey protein are you taking daily? Waffles are all carbs. A salad with fruit is all carbs. Pasta at night maybe chicken, all carbs. You need to eat more protein from whole foods, not just whey. Your calories are pretty low without taking into account the whey protein since you didn't specify how much. You just need to dial in the diet.

Breakfast - 3 eggs and 4 eggwhites, 1 cup oats

snack - Maybe 2 scoops whey, 1 oz almonds

Lunch - 25-40g of protein from lean meat (chicken, lean beef, etc) with the salad, easy on the dressing, apple

Snack - 6 oz chicken, with 1 cup steamed broccoli, and 1/2-1 cup brown rice

dinner - 6-8 oz of meat, 1-2 cups steamed veggies with 1 Tbsp EVOO

late night snack if needed - 1 cup cottage cheese, or casein protein and natty PB

Just an example.

As far as workout, you wrote that you do chest and tris on sunday and monday so i don't know it that's a typo or what, but don't do that.

Lifting Schedule :
    Mon. - Chest / triceps. Cardio ( Bike for 30 min. + 90 min. skate)
    Wed. - Back / biceps. ( 90 min skate)
    Sat. - Legs
    Sun. - Chest / triceps (30 min bike)
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

Yes that is a type, I apologize.

I am a noob, but I was under the impression that salad would help me cut weight, apparently I was very wrong. Can you explain to me why?

Any supplement recommendations.

Thank you!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

yeah, your diets horrible, thats a decent example above, but of coarse tweak it to your liking with the right complex carbs, lean protein sources, and good fats... and pure salads turn you into a vagina, just add some lean meat like chicken or tuna to it.... dont worry about supplements until you get your diet down... try some HIIT out maybe to... but firstly get your diet down..
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Salad is fine. You just need more food and calories in addition to the salad. How much protein are you getting in?
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Salad is fine. You just need more food and calories in addition to the salad. How much protein are you getting in?
    plain salad is a waste of a meal imo, you could be getting some protein in there...

are you wanting to shed weight fast and not care what muscle you sacrifice in the process or do it slower but retain more muscle.. if you have just been eating that ever since you have been working out you will put on muscle and lose bf at the beginning with higher protein intake...find what your maintenance calories are, then slowly subtract from that to your desired results... dont be afraid of carbs, just make sure they are the rite ones(complex), and your getting them at the rite times... make most of your protein intake come from lean meats, not protein shakes, and dont go crazy on fats, but dont ignore them either, you need some...and space your meals out you want to eat every 2-3 hours, i have at least 5 meals a day not counting pre/post workout shakes..

a few supplements you could look into though are
    Fish oil
    Multi vit
    vit c
    vit d
    vit e
    BCAA
    and a fiber supplement wouldnt hurt either.. those are a few of my staples and will help with alot of things... as for a fat burner i have had good results with oxyelite Pro + tt-33, also hear good things from alpha-T2(havent tried it though) dont worry about a fat burner rite away though, they are not some miracle pill that will shed your fat off, get your diet under control, exercise routine beastly, and get your staple supps... then you can worry about researching a fat burner..
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  250 lbs.

You are WASTING your money with supplements if you are not watching your diet and working out properly. PLUS you are putting your health at risk. If you want to piss away hundreds of dollars a month on something that will give you little to no results - go ahead, but I wold suggest taking that money and going to see a nutritionist or dietitian to get your meals under control first. Then you can tackle the workouts.

I was in the same boat, but I'm a lot more worse off. Look into bodyrecomposition dot com for a short-term extreme fat loss program. I've dropped almost 10lbs in 10 days.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

Okay thanks everyone for the help!

It looks like I need to go to the supermarket tonight and stock up on some chicken, oats, and veggies.

Is canned tuna a bad thing to add to my lunch?

For some reason I thought that having low calories was more important than low carbohydrates. Appears that I was quite wrong.

I appreciate all the responses
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jrfly9 View Post
    Okay thanks everyone for the help!

It looks like I need to go to the supermarket tonight and stock up on some chicken, oats, and veggies.

Is canned tuna a bad thing to add to my lunch?

For some reason I thought that having low calories was more important than low carbohydrates. Appears that I was quite wrong.

I appreciate all the responses
    canned tuna is fine, i do 2 cans a day most days..
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

Are steamed vegetables healthier than raw vegetables? Broccoli especially
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jrfly9 View Post
    Are steamed vegetables healthier than raw vegetables? Broccoli especially
    fresh produce you prepare yourself is always the best, however not as convenient.. i buy steam in bag broccoli, works fine for me..
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

What is the healthiest way to cook and eat my chicken?

Bake?

Thank you, sorry for the noob questions
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Yeah I prefer to buy boneless skinless breasts in packs of 3-3.5lbs at Kroger. I trim excess fat and put all on baking sheet. Sprinkle with favorite seasoning and bake at 375 for 20-25 mins. Don't overcook and lasts me 3-4 days depending on how many chicken and veggie meals I have each day. At most I cook chicken twice a week. In fact I cook all my meat in bulk. I bake prokchops the same way as chicken, grill 2 london broils at a time, or cook a couple pounds of ground turkey at a time. I usually buy only fresh meat as opposed to frozen since it doesn't have as much preservatives in it.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

So tonight I went to the grocery store and picked up chicken breasts, broccoli, oatmeal, and eggs.

I will be keeping a log on exactly what I eat.

Does anyone use the "My Diet" on this website? How do they like it, is it worth me using it?

One more question, what is a good late night snack? Fruit?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

late night snack should be protein and fat.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  248 lbs.

a slow digesting protein like cottage cheese would work for a late night snack. something small that keeps your metabolism going. i would avoid fruit for a bedtime meal. you have to eat to lose, thats what i have learned here.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.

some basics:
    high protein, med fats, med-lower carbs for diet.

cut simple carbs liek sugars (pop,beer ect.)

dont eat tomuch carbs at night , eat them earlyer in day cuttign them down mid day.
    have a couple whey protein drinks in the day it will help keep muslce and dull hunger, mix them with water.

pastas, oatmeal, whole wheat bread, potatos- these kinds of carbs shoudl be in diet not pops, juices, candys.

BIG THING: be 300-500calories below matanance calories some it might be 2500 cals per day soem it might be 3500 cals per day.

Keep FATS IN YOUR DIET!! they will help if anythign carbs would harm fatloss mroe then fats would.
    good fats: olivoil, nuts, fishoil. add olivoilk to everything you can.

some supps that can help:
    Green Tea caps from PP
    acually the "FAT LOSS STACK" from PP is a good thing tolook at added with good diet and cardio.
    better then alot of the GNC stuff you would see,

good luck
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

UPDATE: So I have been logging my diet for the past 3 weeks and I have been weighing myself every few days. 3 weeks ago I weighed in at 188.5 pds and I am now hovering around 180-182.

A "normal" day looks like this for me:

Breakfast: hardboiled egg (2), oatmeal, coffee (1 sweet-n-low)

Snack: Protein Shake

Lunch: Chicken Breast and small salad

Dinner: Chicken or fish

Snack: Peanut Butter (before bed)

WORKOUT:
    I have been lifting 2/3 times a week and 2 days of cardio.

Any critiquing your willing to give, I would enjoy.

Thank you for the help so far!!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.

Your diet looks a lot better, but there's still some room for improvement. When you say "oatmeal" do you mean instant oatmeal or oats? Instant oatmeal has a lot of sugar in it, which will raise insulin levels. When insulin levels are elevated, it makes it near impossible for the body to shed fat. Switch to quick cooking oats. You should probably add something to your before bed snack. You want some protein in there. The fats slow absorption, which is what you want before bed since you'll be going 7-8 hours without getting any food, but the PB (fat) on it's own, isn't really adding much value. Switch to cottage cheese or add a protein in there like beef. Beef is the slowest absorbing protein, so its perfect for before bed.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188.5 lbs.

Can someone point me in the right way in terms of a few cardio routines that will produce the most fat loss. I have read HIIT is the best way, but can you someone please give me an example of a good routine?

Can someone also inform me on the the best foods to eat an hour before a workout, if any food is good for you at all that close to a workout.

Thank you!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Weight loss help!!!
    By bmwguy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM
  2. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM