Keys trip in June, Help me lose 20lbs.

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.98%

Keys trip in June, Help me lose 20lbs.

My goal is to lose 20lbs by June. A little about me. I have been on HRT for about 2 years now. I had low test, screwed up thyroid, and adrenal fatigue. I have all of them well controlled except my thyroid. I have high TSH and RT3. My T3, T4, FT3, FT4 values look good. My doc is going to ramp up my T3 to try to get both RT3 and TSH down.

I have been on the anabolic diet for about six months. I have gained a little strength and also lost some fat but I want to shred some fat now. I have basically been eating fat and protien for the majority of my cals, under 30 carbs a day. I carb up every 2 weeks.

I train 4 - 5 days a week. Back & bi's monday, chest & tri's tuesday, shoulders and traps wednesday, and bi's and tri's thurday, friday full body. I have not done legs the past year or so because I ruptured a disk in my low back last year. I know I could still do some things but I haven't. I typically do 40 mins of cardio after my lifts split 20 low intensity and 20 min high intensity. I started doing 1 hr of racquetball on wednesdays and want to incorporate a hour or so of biking the trails on the weekend.

I want to try a different approach to my macros but not sure where to start. My body does not like carbs so I am hesitant to re-introduce them. I have kept my cals between 2300-2500 and my weight has not moved. Currently I am 225 at 5'8 and would like to see 200 - 205 by June.

I have not tried any fat burners but I am open to non stim products. I was looking at Recreate and Lipothrophin PM along with some DCP. Any other recomendations would be appreciated.

I am looking for recomendations on adjusting my macros and different training styles. I am unsure if my thyroid is what is causing me to hold the extra weight. Help me out guys. Thanks.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.98%

Bump. Any suggestions guys?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I want to try a different approach to my macros but not sure where to start. My body does not like carbs so I am hesitant to re-introduce them. I have kept my cals between 2300-2500 and my weight has not moved. Currently I am 225 at 5'8 and would like to see 200 - 205 by June.
    What are you eating and how many cheat meals?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.65%

Diet, Diet and more Diet.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.98%

Zero cheat meals. Carb up every 2 weeks. Usually start out with high GI carbs and end with low GI carbs. During the rest of the week, I typically eat high fat and protein meals.
    Breakfast is typically 4 eggs with cheese, 4 strips of bacon. Lunch sausage links with veggies or 1/4-1/2 pound 80/20 beef with veggies. Lift during the PM and eat after that. Dinner is either beef, pork, and or seafood.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Are you getting 2200-2500 cals in only 3 meals? Your metabolism is tanked because you aren't eating anywhere near 2000 calories based on what you wrote.

Breakfast is 300-400 cals max, lunch prob the same, not knowing what the sausage links are, 1/4lb of beef is about 270 cals, so 1/2lb is about 500. Dinner is up in the air, but I think it's safe to assume you aren't eating 1000 cals then since you eat pretty small the rest of the day. You need to reassess your diet. You have been at low cals for too long. Especially if that is what you have done for 6 months. You definitely need to re-evaluate your diet plan. The Anabolic diet is great, I just think you are doing it with too low cals and your body is just holding on to everything. You need to actually feed your body to get it to let go of the fat, otherwise it goes into starvation mode and hoards it. You probably should be at about 2500-2700 cals at your weight. I cut on 22-2500 at 185lbs doing ckd which is very similar.

Go onto fitday.com and log exactly what and how much you have been eating in order to see it on paper for yourself. Then report back to us.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.98%

Im sorry, I forgot to add in my snacks in between meals. I do 1.5 ounces of almonds at 9am and then at three I usually have another sausage, or beff patty and some cottage cheese. I use fitday and have logged my cals. They are not far off from what was stated.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%

Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Are you getting 2200-2500 cals in only 3 meals? Your metabolism is tanked because you aren't eating anywhere near 2000 calories based on what you wrote.

Breakfast is 300-400 cals max, lunch prob the same, not knowing what the sausage links are, 1/4lb of beef is about 270 cals, so 1/2lb is about 500. Dinner is up in the air, but I think it's safe to assume you aren't eating 1000 cals then since you eat pretty small the rest of the day. You need to reassess your diet. You have been at low cals for too long. Especially if that is what you have done for 6 months. You definitely need to re-evaluate your diet plan. The Anabolic diet is great, I just think you are doing it with too low cals and your body is just holding on to everything. You need to actually feed your body to get it to let go of the fat, otherwise it goes into starvation mode and hoards it. You probably should be at about 2500-2700 cals at your weight. I cut on 22-2500 at 185lbs doing ckd which is very similar.

Go onto fitday.com and log exactly what and how much you have been eating in order to see it on paper for yourself. Then report back to us.
    his breakfast would be at least 650 calories and thats only assuming hes eating one oz of cheese
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.75%

Quote Originally Posted by punxweb View Post
    Im sorry, I forgot to add in my snacks in between meals. I do 1.5 ounces of almonds at 9am and then at three I usually have another sausage, or beff patty and some cottage cheese. I use fitday and have logged my cals. They are not far off from what was stated.
    If you wanna use a fat burner go with DCP and Species lipolyze , both non - stim. start doing fasted cardio HIIT style and drink 20-30 g bcaas before doing the cardio. A nutrient partitioner like recompadrol would be good to take with the bcaas because recompadrol blocks gluconeogenisis from amino acid sources, so your blood sugar would be low, muscles protected and youd be burning fat.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.98%

Actually just did the fitday on the breakfast and it broke down like this. 792 cals, 60.5g fat, 54.4g protein, 6.5 g carbs. For 68% F, 28% P, 3% C.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    his breakfast would be at least 650 calories and thats only assuming hes eating one oz of cheese
    Sorry I forgot about the cheese.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.98%

I would usually shoot for 600-800 cals on the meals and 100-200 for snacks.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.43%

One thing I have learned as a trainer for the last 10 years(and with myself) is if you arent losing weight(fat) then you are eating too much. It's pretty simple. The biggest metabolism shutdown ever recorded from starvation (this dude starved over a year) was 30%. Now on a somewhat normal diet your metabolism will be lucky to slow half that.

I used to believe people when they said they werent losing weight on the diets i recommended - I blamed it on slowed metabolism from low cals - but I have since woken up. Most people eat way more than they think they do.

You have to count those cals. Your breakfast is loaded with fat and cals. For example Im very light, but a typical meal for me is slightly under 300 cals, I do this 6 times a day. So for example a low carb meal for me would be 20 almonds and a scoop of protein, three hours later I'd eat again. Now go back and look at that breakfast - that breakfast is like whoa...lmao.

Reevaluate your diet and get at least 4-5 meals in and make them SMALLER. Count the cals or at least approximate. Low carb will only cause glycogen and water loss if it the calories in vs. calories out arent right.

Similar Forum Threads

1. lose 20lbs by may 28
    By mixedup in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
  2. need to lose 20lbs NOW!
    By basshead42m in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 03:35 AM
  3. 5 Keys to Better Sleep
    By jjohn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 13