Science behind fat loss

dusty

dusty

Awards
I was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on how different fat loss supplements work. i am not a newb to training in anyway, but im just trying to get a little more educated on the different approaches each supplement takes to initiating fat loss.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will explain how ALPHA-T2 works...in laymen terms...

-Increases metabolism (people with faster metabolisms are skinnier than those with slow)
-Increases lipolysis (breakdown/metabolism of fat) in areas with certain receptors for our ingredients. This areas include stomach, love handles, etc.
-Increased thermogensis

Most fat burners will work through one or more of these mechanisms, but alpha-t2 combines all three (more, actually) in an effective dose

zootiesgroove

Awards
I will explain how ALPHA-T2 works...in laymen terms...

-Increases metabolism (people with faster metabolisms are skinnier than those with slow)
-Increases lipolysis (breakdown/metabolism of fat) in areas with certain receptors for our ingredients. This areas include stomach, love handles, etc.
-Increased thermogensis

Most fat burners will work through one or more of these mechanisms, but alpha-t2 combines all three (more, actually) in an effective dose
Hey Natty: How does your product compare to ReCreate and is it safe for those on HBP medication?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are all the ingredients in AlphaT2?
3,3-diiodo-l-thyronine (T2) 150 mcg **
Methyl-Synephrine 30 mg **
Rauwolscine HCL 7 mg **

Hey Natty: How does your product compare to ReCreate and is it safe for those on HBP medication?
More effective than ReCreate in my opinion, and i wouldnt take any supplements while on BP meds.

skratch

Awards
if that stuff is real t2 it will shut you down.Id love to see blood test showing it dosnt supress tsh.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if that stuff is real t2 it will shut you down.Id love to see blood test showing it dosnt supress tsh.
It is real 3,3 T2, which studies show no suppression, where as 3,5 T2 shows a 75% shutdown and real T3 shows a 88% shutdown. I know Natty is working on getting some blood test in the future.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3,3-diiodo-l-thyronine (T2) 150 mcg **
Methyl-Synephrine 30 mg **
Rauwolscine HCL 7 mg **

More effective than ReCreate in my opinion, and i wouldnt take any supplements while on BP meds.
I think it is a perfect addition to a ReCreate stack. I know ReCreate made me constantly hot, and aT2 also incites some heat production, so if you are sweating through your maxi pad, don't get upset with us! :D

skratch

Awards
is there a thread on here that show no tsh shut down?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is there a thread on here that show no tsh shut down?
Here is the snippet:

Effect of 3,5-diiodo-L-thyronine on thyroid stimulating hormone and growth hormone serum levels in hypothyroid rats.

Moreno M, Lombardi A, Lombardi P, Goglia F, Lanni A.

T3 administration suppressed TSH by 88% compared to control (i.e, the level in hypothyroid rats); it thus reached a value not significantly different from that seen in the euthyroid rats. 3,5-T2 produced a similar effect, suppressing the TSH level by about 75% compared to control; it thus reached values not significantly different from those of the euthyroid and T3-treated rats. By contrast, 3,3'-T2 had no effect on TSH, whatever the dose

zootiesgroove

Awards
I really wish that this thread was more about the science behind fat loss and not the science behind fat loss supplements. I think too many people are relying on a "magic bullet" to make up for less than healthy habits. I am guilty as anyone else wanting instant gratification and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve my goals, but I'm wondering how many of these "supplements" are actually contributing to health problems long term. Seems a "new & improved" product is announced every week. How many of us will have heart problems and metabolism issues in 5,10,25 years because of all the "stacks" and drugs that people take to chase after unobtainable results.
Just a random thought......

protempsfish

Awards
I really wish that this thread was more about the science behind fat loss and not the science behind fat loss supplements. I think too many people are relying on a "magic bullet" to make up for less than healthy habits. I am guilty as anyone else wanting instant gratification and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve my goals, but I'm wondering how many of these "supplements" are actually contributing to health problems long term. Seems a "new & improved" product is announced every week. How many of us will have heart problems and metabolism issues in 5,10,25 years because of all the "stacks" and drugs that people take to chase after unobtainable results.
Well stated. I have always wondered the same thing.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
There are numerous threads here about the science behind fat loss. Just search for them.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Ill do you one better. I should still have the links from 06-08, and if so then I will send them to you.

sub001

Awards
I really wish that this thread was more about the science behind fat loss.
In a way too over simplified nut shell: you eat food, body processes food, breaks down with ATP involved, energy comes from bonds breaking, once bonds break they can be reformed. If you don't need more energy, it is converted to fat. If you need more energy than what you are taking in, your body uses fat as fuel. Or so my college biology teacher explained it haha.