Critique My Rough Diet Plan!

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
YES BRING ON ALL THE CRITICISM, I NEED IT.

Ok i've got a couple questions regarding a carb cycling diet and some other things, A buddy of mine, says he has about 30-40 carbs per meal to get lean, now if Im having 5-6 meals a day thats about 130-240 carbs a day now hes, about 5'11 195 pounds..im 5'9 170..so im not sure if thats too much carb intake for me, his arguement was, aslong as their healthy carbs it dosen't matter. E.g-Ezekiel bread, organic brown rice..(any other great carb sources i should know about?)

I was contemplatign this, or I had this rough diet outline..

4 days of carb loading before my workouts, then carbs immediatly after my lifting, then no carbs for the rest of the day, the other 3 days would be very low carb days, around 20gs a day if I can help it. Now my question is, on these days where I have 20gs of carbs, Should I train, or will i be directly destroying my muscles? Or should I try Monday carb day, tuesday none, wensday carbs, thurs none, etc. every other day. So basically carbs on my lift days, no carbs on my rest days. However Im going to be doing cardio aswell, so i'd be doing HIIT cardio on no carb days..I plan to mega dose BCAAS though..

Ok so a rough outline of foods I'll be eating.

Morning: 4 eggs with cheese, two slices of ezekiel bread with organic peanut butter.

Meal 2: either tuna with eze bread, or cottage cheese with a scoop of low carb protein mixed in with it.

meal 3: chicken, or turkey with organic brown rice.

meal 4: Either a protien shake or more chicken or turkey.

meal 5: any suggestions?

Lol Is there any other diet foods or meats I could eat to help me on my way to leanness?

As far as my routine goes, I'll be doing less ress between sets, around a minute to be exact 15-20 mins of cardio after the weights on off days HIIT cardio..

Last year I got great results, but I didnt follow an exact diet, and I feel like it was just a fluke I was sorta half assing it..But I'd like to actually know what im doing this year.

ibenjamin

Awards
interested in the suggestions, ive got a similar dilemma

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
YES BRING ON ALL THE CRITICISM, I NEED IT.

Ok i've got a couple questions regarding a carb cycling diet and some other things, A buddy of mine, says he has about 30-40 carbs per meal to get lean, now if Im having 5-6 meals a day thats about 130-240 carbs a day now hes, about 5'11 195 pounds..im 5'9 170..so im not sure if thats too much carb intake for me, his arguement was, aslong as their healthy carbs it dosen't matter. E.g-Ezekiel bread, organic brown rice..(any other great carb sources i should know about?)

I was contemplatign this, or I had this rough diet outline..

4 days of carb loading before my workouts, then carbs immediatly after my lifting, then no carbs for the rest of the day, the other 3 days would be very low carb days, around 20gs a day if I can help it. Now my question is, on these days where I have 20gs of carbs, Should I train, or will i be directly destroying my muscles? Or should I try Monday carb day, tuesday none, wensday carbs, thurs none, etc. every other day. So basically carbs on my lift days, no carbs on my rest days. However Im going to be doing cardio aswell, so i'd be doing HIIT cardio on no carb days..I plan to mega dose BCAAS though..

Ok so a rough outline of foods I'll be eating.

Morning: 4 eggs with cheese, two slices of ezekiel bread with organic peanut butter.

Meal 2: either tuna with eze bread, or cottage cheese with a scoop of low carb protein mixed in with it.

meal 3: chicken, or turkey with organic brown rice.

meal 4: Either a protien shake or more chicken or turkey.

meal 5: any suggestions?

Lol Is there any other diet foods or meats I could eat to help me on my way to leanness?

As far as my routine goes, I'll be doing less ress between sets, around a minute to be exact 15-20 mins of cardio after the weights on off days HIIT cardio..

Last year I got great results, but I didnt follow an exact diet, and I feel like it was just a fluke I was sorta half assing it..But I'd like to actually know what im doing this year.
A simple nutritional rule I have found to be very successful for myself, my clients and one the makes the most sense physiologically is:

if you are adding fat to your diet carbs should be kept very low (unless bulking and/or you have a VERY fast metabolism). Even someone with such a fast metabolism - I would rather them eat more carbs and protein than fat. If you are trying to cut than you want to minimize fat intake to whatever is contained in your lean meats + EFA's. Make up the rest of your calories from protein and carbs. In a nut-shell you'd want to prioritize protein over carbohydrates and eat lots of fibrous greens. These two types of foods yeild a high thermic effect and greatly contribute to fat loss. The complex starchy carbohydrates you eat serve to keep your metabolism elevated, and provide enough energy/glycogen to train effectively. Your food choices look clean but I think your macro's need to be re-arranged for optimal results.

-Alex

acwingfoot

Awards
alex - quick question .. not to steal the thread.. but would you consider whole eggs (omega 3 eggs) adding fat .. so like 2 whole egs and 1 cup (8) egg whites for an omelet and I usually do as my second meal of the day.. or would this be considered fat coming from you lean meats + EFA's??

Fatal
- In regards to your carb cycling idea of every other day ...

I have been using a 80g direct carbs Mon, Tues = 3/4 c oats for breakfast and 3/4c oats for pre-WO and then trace carbs protein powder and from green beans, asparagus and sometimes brussel sprouts with all other meals

100g direct carbs Wed (legs day) = 1 cup oats for breakfast 1cup oats for pre-workout and then same trace carbs as above (no cardio on this day except for sets of scissor lunge jumps and box jumps following my squats and walking lunges)

25 CHOs Thurs/Fri/Sat = 1/2 cup oats at breakfast
.. same trace carbs as above

Only Trace carbs on Sunday (complete rest day)

Protien intake is about 1.5 -1.75 g per lb of body weight
and I mega dose XTEND (BCAA's) with a serving at breakfast, serving pre-WO, 2 serving Intra, and a serving Post WO..

this has work very good so far but I am stuggling with the last little lower ab cushion .. six pack is there for sure but its not as "perfect" and tight as I would like it to be .. also usually eat a good amount of PB on the low carb days and maybe this is my problem ?? should I drop this

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
alex - quick question .. not to steal the thread.. but would you consider whole eggs (omega 3 eggs) adding fat .. so like 2 whole egs and 1 cup (8) egg whites for an omelet and I usually do as my second meal of the day.. or would this be considered fat coming from you lean meats + EFA's??

Fatal
- In regards to your carb cycling idea of every other day ...

I have been using a 80g direct carbs Mon, Tues = 3/4 c oats for breakfast and 3/4c oats for pre-WO and then trace carbs protein powder and from green beans, asparagus and sometimes brussel sprouts with all other meals

100g direct carbs Wed (legs day) = 1 cup oats for breakfast 1cup oats for pre-workout and then same trace carbs as above (no cardio on this day except for sets of scissor lunge jumps and box jumps following my squats and walking lunges)

25 CHOs Thurs/Fri/Sat = 1/2 cup oats at breakfast
.. same trace carbs as above

Only Trace carbs on Sunday (complete rest day)

Protien intake is about 1.5 -1.75 g per lb of body weight
and I mega dose XTEND (BCAA's) with a serving at breakfast, serving pre-WO, 2 serving Intra, and a serving Post WO..

this has work very good so far but I am stuggling with the last little lower ab cushion .. six pack is there for sure but its not as "perfect" and tight as I would like it to be .. also usually eat a good amount of PB on the low carb days and maybe this is my problem ?? should I drop this

I would stick to adding 1 omega-3 egg. That will somewhat mimic the 'trace' fats you would otherwise get from a portion of chicken breast or something to that effect.

-Alex

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Im a little unfamiliar with the lingo, what does "trace" mean?

And thanks alot guys.

Cardio has been decent I'm seeing slow results, but results for sure, I'll admit my portions and carb intake have not been exact, and I am def slacking on the greens,

My Carb sources have been organic brown rice ezekiel bread, and raw oats.

usually having a small portion of carbs with each meal, after my post training mealno carbs after that. I havent had a really "low" Carb day in terms of below 100.

Picked up low carb whey, and BCAAS which I'll be mega dosing aswell.

Alex would you have greens with each meal? Yeah I try to stay away from fats.

I've literally felt like i've been hit by a bus these past two days after training with only one meal in me, that meal being 4 eggs with cheese, ezekiel bread with some natural PB on it, probably about 45gs of carbs in the meal

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Raw oats as in you don't cook them?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Well, raw as in quaker oats..throw em int he blender with my protein, you can microwave em..etc..

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Bought a **** load of greens today, I'll be having a cup about 3 times a day, as far as fat goes in my diet..I don't really try to meet a quota for it in my diet..should I be? If im having carbs?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
So todays meals so far, 4 eggs, and a cup of oats. Chicken strips, put some italian marinade on em ! Couldnt resist, and 1 cup of steamed broccoli