Feedback on cutting diet/plan appreciated!

xBlingBlingx

Awards
I've got started on my first cut, so wanted to check with you guys here if I'm doing things right. Been researching a lot and reading up on stuff so hopefully it's not all that bad.

Regarding lifts, I'm currently keeping my usual routine of Mon (chest/tri), Tue (legs), Wed (Back/Bi's), Thu (Shoulders/Traps) + some lighter full-body stuff on Fridays. Doing cardio 4 times a week and abs 3 times a week. Cardio being 75% HIT and 25% long-distance.

So diet-wise, I've set it up like this. ( I'm 6'1, 181lbs btw. According to body fat test done with calipers in November with the team I'm 8% which I don't really buy, since I can just barely make out my abs. )

7:30'ish - CARDIO
8:30/9:30 - Whey + Oatmeal
12:00/12:30 - Chicken breast + veggies
3:00/3:30 - Turkey (150g maybe??), + veggies + 3 slices of whole wheat bread + PB 2tbs
4:30'ish - LIFT
6:00/6:30 - Whey + 40g carbs (fruit or something similar)
7:00/7:30 - Chicken breast/turkey/or similar + veggies (possibly small amount of carbs through whole wheat pasta or brown rice added)
10:00 - 2tbs PB + 1 can tuna.

Adds up to roughly (if I calculated the amounts correctly);
2000 - 2200 cal, 231g protein, 52g fat, 145-170g carbs

My BMR (with lifting, bf% included) is supposed to be 3200.

Supplements are:
ON Whey, Fish oil, multivitamin, green tea extract + starting OEP.

Hopefully someone has time to take a look at it. I would appreciate it. Let me know if there's any info missing and such.

Basically what I'm concerned (and unsure of) is the amounts of cals, carbs etc... Of course it's individual, but based on height/weight does it look right?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got started on my first cut, so wanted to check with you guys here if I'm doing things right. Been researching a lot and reading up on stuff so hopefully it's not all that bad.

Regarding lifts, I'm currently keeping my usual routine of Mon (chest/tri), Tue (legs), Wed (Back/Bi's), Thu (Shoulders/Traps) + some lighter full-body stuff on Fridays. Doing cardio 4 times a week and abs 3 times a week. Cardio being 75% HIT and 25% long-distance.

So diet-wise, I've set it up like this. ( I'm 6'1, 181lbs btw. According to body fat test done with calipers in November with the team I'm 8% which I don't really buy, since I can just barely make out my abs. )

3:00/3:30 - Turkey (150g maybe??), + veggies + 3 slices of whole wheat bread + PB 2tbs
7:00/7:30 - Chicken breast/turkey/or similar + veggies (possibly small amount of carbs through whole wheat pasta or brown rice added)

Supplements are:

Hopefully someone has time to take a look at it. I would appreciate it. Let me know if there's any info missing and such.

Basically what I'm concerned (and unsure of) is the amounts of cals, carbs etc... Of course it's individual, but based on height/weight does it look right?
Have you considered stacking the OEP with ALPHA-T2?

This stack is getting a lot of attention, and is on sale at nutra.

I really like your routine...the only thing that confuses me is traps the day after your back day.

Your diet look on point as well...now you just gotta keep up with it all!

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards

Supplements are:

I am assuming you are 150lbs LBM based on your macro's? If that is correct than they look spot on. the only thing I would change is ditch the peanut butter and try to drop your fat intake to 30g per day or so. Make sure to take an EFA supplement of have say Salmon for your last meal of the day (when you're not eating carbs). If you prefer a lean protein source as your last meal than it's okay to add 1tbsp peanut butter here for the added fat (alternative slow burning fuel source during sleep) but I always prefer steak or salmon and my clients have had better results this way.

-Alex

xBlingBlingx

Awards
nattydisaster - thanks! the alpha-t2 looks interesting as well. noticed some other people on here are getting on that so might actually add that soon, being a week and a half into this...

alex - (1) if I'm around 10% bf (wanted to add a picture, but can't) wouldn't I be more like 160 LBM (at 180lbs)? If 160 LBM is more correct, what would I have to change? (2) Guess the fish oil would cover the EFA or should I add something like flax seed oil as well?
(3) Finally, if I cut out the PB, what should I replace it with to get those 400 cal that I got from that? More protein?

Otherwise it's going fine. Been sticking to the diet and am down to 174.1 lbs as of today and got more definition in the midsection. Strength is the same (even increased a little in some areas). Of course worried about muscle loss, but -6 lbs in almost 2 weeks should be good, right? Btw, how long should I aim to cut for? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? I guess it all depends on the individual but approximately.

Thanks for the help.

zootiesgroove

Awards
Have you considered stacking the OEP with ALPHA-T2?
This stack is getting a lot of attention, and is on sale at nutra.
nattydisaster: Is the Alpha T-2 stimulant based? I am on HBP meds and am currently taking Recreate. I used to use Ultimate Orange back in the day and my homemade ECA stacks and would get jacked like a mad man, but as I get older, I am more sensitive to this stuff. I want to get every ounce of advantage shedding lbs and fat - your advice?

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
nattydisaster - thanks! the alpha-t2 looks interesting as well. noticed some other people on here are getting on that so might actually add that soon, being a week and a half into this...

alex - (1) if I'm around 10% bf (wanted to add a picture, but can't) wouldn't I be more like 160 LBM (at 180lbs)? If 160 LBM is more correct, what would I have to change? (2) Guess the fish oil would cover the EFA or should I add something like flax seed oil as well?
(3) Finally, if I cut out the PB, what should I replace it with to get those 400 cal that I got from that? More protein?

Otherwise it's going fine. Been sticking to the diet and am down to 174.1 lbs as of today and got more definition in the midsection. Strength is the same (even increased a little in some areas). Of course worried about muscle loss, but -6 lbs in almost 2 weeks should be good, right? Btw, how long should I aim to cut for? 4 weeks? 6 weeks? I guess it all depends on the individual but approximately.

Thanks for the help.
Don't focus too much on calories. I would aim for 240-250g protein if 160 is a more accurate LBM number for you. Stick to an EFA supplement that provides omega-3's primarily in EPA/DHA form. Flax isn't necessary. 6-8 weeks would be a realistic time frame depending on how lean you want to get. If you are happy with your results after only 4 weeks than by all mean stop there and maintain.

-Alex

xBlingBlingx

Awards
Don't focus too much on calories. I would aim for 240-250g protein if 160 is a more accurate LBM number for you. Stick to an EFA supplement that provides omega-3's primarily in EPA/DHA form. Flax isn't necessary. 6-8 weeks would be a realistic time frame depending on how lean you want to get. If you are happy with your results after only 4 weeks than by all mean stop there and maintain.

-Alex
Alright, sweet! Messed around a little with the diet a little, and cut out the PB, plus planning to incorporate more fish in my diet (salmon etc.) and it ended up looking something like -
1900 cal, 252g protein, 35g fat, 115g carbs.

So a little less carbs, less fat and some more protein. I'm gonna go with it for a while and we'll see what happens! Thanks for the advices.

fitnessbyalex

fitnessbyalex

Awards
Alright, sweet! Messed around a little with the diet a little, and cut out the PB, plus planning to incorporate more fish in my diet (salmon etc.) and it ended up looking something like -
1900 cal, 252g protein, 35g fat, 115g carbs.

So a little less carbs, less fat and some more protein. I'm gonna go with it for a while and we'll see what happens! Thanks for the advices.
I like that. I would say, (depending on your results, energy to train, fullness and metabolism) you can push it ~150g carbs on training days and then back down to abotu 75g carbs on off days. That will allow more glycogen to train, and keep your body guessing and metabolism elevated.

-Alex