CKD Diet

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

CKD Diet

Ok so after reading some I decided to go on the CKD diet. I followed the setup and find I go between 2700 and 2400 calories a day. Is that enough of a decrease? Also could I do shorter workouts with longer cardio in order to make the fat loss quicker? I want to drop back down from 245 to 220-225

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

If you maintain at 2700 and then drop to 2400 technically you should lose weight. I am not sure on recommending the amount. I was dead on CKD though. My strength went out the window so I switched over to just a low calorie clean diet with carbs specifically places certain times a day and my strength is staying up but I'm still losing weight. Any deficit from calories should lead to weight loss though if you are eating clean.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sub001 View Post
    If you maintain at 2700 and then drop to 2400 technically you should lose weight. I am not sure on recommending the amount. I was dead on CKD though. My strength went out the window so I switched over to just a low calorie clean diet with carbs specifically places certain times a day and my strength is staying up but I'm still losing weight. Any deficit from calories should lead to weight loss though if you are eating clean.
    anyone can lose weight, CKD is designed to help you retain muscle while getting rid of fat. now if you're not losing strength then i think you've found the right mix. when are you eating carbs? around lifting?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

I have a slight amount with my shake I have first thing in the morning. About 6 g. After that about an hour before the gym. I've tried the anabolic diet and did well, I seem to keep most of my strength, but I've never tried cycling calories like this one has. Would it be better to spread carbs out during the day?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.96%

I never plan my carbs, they just come in various forms throughout the day... I try to keep it at <30g or so, and I love the energy I have on keto. If you're taking in enough protein and fats you shouldn't have a problem retaining muscle at all! I weigh 225 and aim for 400g or so protein a day

I started at 245 in Jan, am 225 currently and the strongest I've ever been so something is working with CKD!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Naberious View Post
    I never plan my carbs, they just come in various forms throughout the day... I try to keep it at <30g or so, and I love the energy I have on keto. If you're taking in enough protein and fats you shouldn't have a problem retaining muscle at all! I weigh 225 and aim for 400g or so protein a day

I started at 245 in Jan, am 225 currently and the strongest I've ever been so something is working with CKD!

See here is where I get confused. I was told to do 65-70% fat and the rest protein. Thats puts me at like 220 g of protien only. Some days even less.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.96%

Quote Originally Posted by wti66stang View Post
    See here is where I get confused. I was told to do 65-70% fat and the rest protein. Thats puts me at like 220 g of protien only. Some days even less.
    there's more than one way to do CKD. some do 1-1/2 grams per lb for protein some do less. i'm around 1g. per lb of body weight. so a bit more than 1g per lb of lean mass
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Actually I just looked at my diet again and at it cycles for 85% fat to 65% fat and back. On the 85% fat day that only leaves me at 103 g of protein. If thats the case how do I get that much fat?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.96%

I don't pay too much attention to macros... as long as I'm around 60-40 or 55-45 I'm pretty happy... Eat a lot of meat, drink some protein shakes intermittently, whole eggs, etc... and you'll be fine
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.96%

Actually I just looked at my diet again and at it cycles for 85% fat to 65% fat and back. On the 85% fat day that only leaves me at 103 g of protein. If thats the case how do I get that much fat?
    how would i know how you get that much fat? what are you eating?
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

I've been eating red meat, using fish oil, flax seed oil, eating cheese, also some nuts. A lot of green veggies. I just thought 85% from fat is alittle high, but I've never tried this diet so I guess I'll roll with it
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.96%

I've been eating red meat, using fish oil, flax seed oil, eating cheese, also some nuts. A lot of green veggies. I just thought 85% from fat is alittle high, but I've never tried this diet so I guess I'll roll with it

well the vegis are the only thing in your diet that contains anything but fat, so it's possible. where are you getting your data from? fitday?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    well the vegis are the only thing in your diet that contains anything but fat, so it's possible. where are you getting your data from? fitday?
    Data on calories? From the labels and what not. The macros were found on a post here about CKD dieting and how to set it up
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.96%

85% is way too much!!

Gotta leave some room for the protein
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

See thats what i thought, but it has 1 day a week that high, the rest of the time its 65-70%. I figure that maybe because its at the beginning of the week its to try and kickstart it.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.17%

A lot of CKD protocols suggest ramping up with high fat intake at the beginning of the diet and after the cheat days if you get knocked out of ketosis.

I agree with the not counting macros, sticking to the "eat protein + fat and don't eat carbs" has been pretty awesome for me so far.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.17%

I'm doing the same thing and I'm also having a little trouble with it, I'm not really sure what to eat exactly because trans and sat fats aren't good for you but with this diet you're pretty much forced to eat them. I'm starting to run out of food options.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Quote Originally Posted by X JTJ X View Post
    I'm doing the same thing and I'm also having a little trouble with it, I'm not really sure what to eat exactly because trans and sat fats aren't good for you but with this diet you're pretty much forced to eat them. I'm starting to run out of food options.
    I've found that eating almonds helps me a lot. Also some natty PB helps. I also supplement with fish oil and flax seed in order to get to the level of fat I need. How is the diet working for you so far?
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil are all good. Cook lean red meat, lean chicken, pork, add olive oil. Almonds are good too. Eggs. Cook whole food yourself and stay away from processed food.

60% from fat, the rest protein and less than 30g of carbs works for me.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.34%

Im on this diet too and have been for more than 2 months now and it is working great..just a little slower than i expected.. key seems to be to make shure you work out the day after your carb up and always try and work out the day before carb up to make shure all your glycogen is depleted..perferably full body workout. After awhile i feel like myh body and tummy can tell that ive had enough carbs on the second day of carb up..its just the matter of stopping all the bangin carb food i love...like rice and couscous lol.. Also try and stick with not so lean meat like red meat and pork chops...chicken is too lean i feel for this diet.. and yes whole hard boiled eggs and natural peanut butter is key too
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.18%

Yea, its definitely important to get enough fat in your diet. My first go at this I was eating too much protein and not enough fat. It caused me to lose strength, feel flat, and just be tired all the time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbohydrate Cycling Diet vs ketogenic diet??
    By anbes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. Please Help With My CUTTING Diet! (Entire diet included)
    By IntensePump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 03:09 AM
  4. bodybuilding diet/detox diet mini manifesto
    By TheThreeAminos in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 04:48 AM