Woah! Need some help, just beginning. (Cytomel or Synthroid?)

Cervantes

Awards
So I am beginning my first bit of cutting, and I need some advice. I worked hard, watched my caloric intake, and couldn't seem to lose weight. In fact, I gained it in a bad way, mostly fat. I went to a nutritionist, and we went through my daily diet. Pretty much spot on in most categories, in calories and different food groups. But there still seems to be a problem.

So I had a thyroid test done, and the nurse practitioner says my thyroid levels are normal. I will get the stats back later today, so I will post that then. Anyway, I am thinking about getting some synthroid anyway, even without a prescription. But I have some questions. What is the difference between t3 and t4? Should I get cytomel or synthroid? If its an adrenal problem, then cytomel would be the thing to go with right? Where would be a cheap place to get cytomel?

Cervantes

Awards
a1supplements. com/T3-90-Capsules-p-49.html

This is cytomel right? Not sure, because it doesn't explicitly say it.

Cervantes

Awards
So I looked at it and it's not actually t3. I can't seemed to find t3 for less than 70 bucks which is more than Ivan spend. Is t4 still worth getting? It's cheap enough at least.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First, you can't ask for sources. It's against the board rules. Also, if you use the search bar near the top of the page you'll come up with tons of threads already on this. Key words: Thyroid, Synthroid, Cytomel, Levothyroxine, Liothyronine, T4, T3, and start reading.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
First off what kind of diet and nutrition are u on... alot of nutritionists are idiots... and t3 is very very catabolic and i do not advise taking just to lose a little weight... when u have researched enough clen might be a better option... there are many many threads and information about it...

Cervantes

Awards
First, you can't ask for sources. It's against the board rules. Also, if you use the search bar near the top of the page you'll come up with tons of threads already on this. Key words: Thyroid, Synthroid, Cytomel, Levothyroxine, Liothyronine, T4, T3, and start reading.
I actually did do that, and so I see the advantages of the various kinds. I guess I was really just looking for help with sources. Sorry, didn't realize it was against board rules. (also just curious, is it a legal issue, or a matter of avoiding ad people taking over)

First off what kind of diet and nutrition are u on... alot of nutritionists are idiots... and t3 is very very catabolic and i do not advise taking just to lose a little weight... when u have researched enough clen might be a better option... there are many many threads and information about it...
Something like 2500 calories a day with, following the 1.5 rule of protein etc. Yes I know thats not alot but when I was on more cal I gained only fat, even though I was doing a pretty good workout etc.

I am pretty new, so asking out of curiosity. Why is catabolic bad? Sure there is break down in muscle, but there is also break down in fats, which is the whole point of cutting, right? And clen is more of a stimulant, so it doesn't really take the place of t3, it just adds extra juice to the thermogenic process. It would be a better replacement for ephedrine instead right?

Also I was looking at clen, and I found it in liquid form. It says it is "200mcg/ml - 60ml bottles" Does that mean it has 12,000 mcg of clen in the bottle? With a typical dose being 20-60mcg, that means its like 600 doses for a single bottle? And does it have to be injected?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a legal issue. T3, T4, illegal steroids, research chems, etc, are all either illegal to buy, sell, use, illegal without prescriptions, or any/all of the above (you get the picture). So, the owners/admins have made it against the rules to avoid unnecessary exposure to their site.

Cervantes

Awards
Okay sure thing. Also would you happen to know what that clen thing I found meant?

"Also I was looking at clen, and I found it in liquid form. It says it is "200mcg/ml - 60ml bottles" Does that mean it has 12,000 mcg of clen in the bottle? With a typical dose being 20-60mcg, that means its like 600 doses for a single bottle?"

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Yes theres 12000mcg's per bottle... dosage and length of cycle depend on the individual... some people can take 200mcgs and be fine others only 40mcgs and have shakes...Catabolic is always bad... unless u dont workout all that hard and muscle doesnt matter to u... i still would not recommend t3 just to lose 5-10 pounds...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay sure thing. Also would you happen to know what that clen thing I found meant?

"Also I was looking at clen, and I found it in liquid form. It says it is "200mcg/ml - 60ml bottles" Does that mean it has 12,000 mcg of clen in the bottle? With a typical dose being 20-60mcg, that means its like 600 doses for a single bottle?"
Clen = Clenbuterol

I've never used clen before. The friends that I know who have took it in tablet form. I am the wrong person to ask about mathematic formulations man, sorry. At first glance 200x60=12,000 yes. That sounds like a lot, I usually see it at 100mcg/ml. I do not know what the average dosage of Clen is though.

T3 is far more catabolic than clen by the way. So you will lose more muscle while on T3 than you would with Clenbuterol, Albuterol, or an ECA stack. It can be used effectively though. Just remember T3 is a powerful hormone and effects your body, adrenals, thyroid etc greatly. I personally would and will stay away from it and would pick one of the 3 I mentioned above long before T3 or T4. Also, with what little I do know about the T hormones and how they dose/half life etc. if you screw it up and over do it you are ****ed.

Cervantes

Awards
From what I have heard the average does for clen is 20mcg, so that would be 600 doses for that single thing. However, its only 40 bucks, and alot of the bigger named brand stuff sell something with way less dosage for way more money. So what does that mean? Is it fake or what?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
It doenst mean its fake... the clen that ive always ordered is 200mcgs/ml... but i only buy 30mls... not 60... just because im cheap and 100mcgs per day is plenty for me especially when combined with ketotifen at 2mg ED... But clen does come with plenty of sides if u are not careful... start at 20mcgs and titrate up from there...

techlogik

Awards
Taking T3 is ridiculous, I don't see how anybody says it works. Since I do take thyroid Meds for mild hypothyroidism, within 2 weeks of taking T3, you will have your D3 enzyme feedback loop kick in. T3 is dangerous and can train wreck you due to the short half life.

Next, your HPTA axis will respond and you will supress your natural thyroid based off the feedback loop.

I guarantee, you take all the thyroid meds you want, it won't help you lose any weight/cut.

It will supress your natural thyroid if it is at normal levels already, and too much hormone will fatigue and tire you out.

But hey, wreck your thyroid and body with T3, it's your life.

Dieting and cardio along with a normal workout plan is the way to go, and go with some other advice from people about supplements. I don't recommend any supplements, but then again, this is anabolicminds and there is a big steroid section on the forum condoning it...so do what you want.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Actually t3 isn't catabolic. It increases the rate at which you burn calories.t 3 doesn't specifically break down protein for energy as cortisol does. By that logic your metabolism is catabolic. It has actually been proven that low doses of t3 are ANABOLIC due to the fact your body's metabolism is working more efficiently and less nutrients are being wasted and partitioned appropriately.

If you eat enough food, t3 can't touch muscle.

On a side note, t3 increases the effectiveness of beta 2 fat burners like eca and clen. t3 also increases GH output.

these are all good things but t3 also has more frequent sides than t4. t3 is more potent. t4 needs to be converted to t3 so it is released slower .

start off really slow with either. and remember to taper down for a couple weeks.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Actually t3 isn't catabolic. It increases the rate at which you burn calories.t 3 doesn't specifically break down protein for energy as cortisol does. By that logic your metabolism is catabolic. It has actually been proven that low doses of t3 are ANABOLIC due to the fact your body's metabolism is working more efficiently and less nutrients are being wasted and partitioned appropriately.

If you eat enough food, t3 can't touch muscle.

On a side note, t3 increases the effectiveness of beta 2 fat burners like eca and clen. t3 also increases GH output.

these are all good things but t3 also has more frequent sides than t4. t3 is more potent. t4 needs to be converted to t3 so it is released slower .

start off really slow with either. and remember to taper down for a couple weeks.
Yes i know all the science behind t3... but until youve used it u will not understand that it IS catabolic... 100mcg per day of t3 and 500 grams of protein still didnt keep my weight up... science also suggests that Clen is a anti catabolic all who have taken it knows that is crap...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny thing, I don't see you mention exercise or cardio at all....

T3/T4 and clen are not things to be entered lightly. T3/T4 can suppress natural thyroid production and cause issues when you come off. Clen has been shown to cause heart cell necrosis....

There are plenty of other places to start before those. Have you even tried ECA or ECY?

tsantsa

Awards
You may also encounter sides with t3 that aren't mentioned very often like drowsiness or heavy limbs. Most of that kind of side goes away after about a week but it can be uncomfortable. In fact, my wife just started a prescription for Cytomel and she is feel slow and heavy limbed. The doc says 3-7 days and that should pass. Just keep other sides in mind.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Yes i know all the science behind t3... but until youve used it u will not understand that it IS catabolic... 100mcg per day of t3 and 500 grams of protein still didnt keep my weight up... science also suggests that Clen is a anti catabolic all who have taken it knows that is crap...

so you were only eating 2000 calories and dosing heavy on t3 and wondering why you were losing?

or

were you eating plenty of fat and carbs that brought your daily calories over 3200+ and you were still losing a lot?

Ive taken t3 and i didn't lose any muscle -at least, not a noticeable amount. i also wasnt eating 300g protein either. closer to 200. i used weekly carb ups via UD 2.0.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 16
Post Cycle Therapy 2
CheslinK Supplement Logs 47
Bionic General Chat 8
RenegadeRows Company Promotions 2