How Few Calories is too few?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.34%

How Few Calories is too few?

I'm 5'7, 165 pounds, i'm in good shape and looking to just lose the last bit of extra body fat I have so that my 6 pack will be chiseled.

Working out 4 or 5 times a week with cardio in there about 3x a week, how many calories is too low?

I am eating about 2000 cals a day right now, and on occasion i'll go as low as1600, usually that kinda thing happens on days I don't do cardio and it's rare, but for the sake of the question I mention it.. Is 1600 cals a day doable, and would it be worth it?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In my opinion yes it is doable becuase I've gone lower at 170 lbs plus. But I've never done this two days in a row or even every other day to prevent my from adapting and slowing the metabolism through muscle loss. From the sounds of it your pretty lean anyway, so I suggest for now just cycle your carbs and calories. On lower carb days your calories will be lower, so your body should be forced to used stored fats. Also think about adding in some HIT cardio and finally if needed some TTA or sesamin (low doses) as your body has started to down regulate it fat burning enzymes and these supplements either prevent this or slow it down.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by skidalybop50 View Post
    I'm 5'7, 165 pounds, i'm in good shape and looking to just lose the last bit of extra body fat I have so that my 6 pack will be chiseled.

Working out 4 or 5 times a week with cardio in there about 3x a week, how many calories is too low?

I am eating about 2000 cals a day right now, and on occasion i'll go as low as1600, usually that kinda thing happens on days I don't do cardio and it's rare, but for the sake of the question I mention it.. Is 1600 cals a day doable, and would it be worth it?
    I responded in your Calorie Intake thread.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.06%

Its not a bad idea to drop calories really sometimes. It really shockes your metabolism, but I wouldn't do it for more than two days. I carb cycle and sometimes I do a one day no carb, no fat, high protien day. It works really well. I do this after a cheat day, or if I feel I need to shock fat loss for a cutting cycle. I have gone as low as 1200 calories, but only for a day, then I go back to eating maintence with carb cycle. It acutally prones the body to be more anabolic the days of higher calories. Try it out, and see how you feel. Trial and error
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.32%

I've gona as low as 1000 calories eod on protein/veggie days with 2 hours cardio.

1600 cals on protein/fat days with 2 hours of cardio and lifting.

Supplemented, yes...

But... 4 weeks I dropped from 12% to 7% bodyfat.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how low should your calories go!
    By crankchest in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
  2. calories/calories from fat/ sugar alcohol
    By stfdkd37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 07:48 PM
  3. Calories Burned vs calories taken
    By xaktsaroth in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15