Calorie Intake

skidalybop50

Awards
I'm 27
165 lbs
5'7
about 10% bf

In order to cut a few more percent bodyfat and be really shredded this summer, what are your opinions on how many calories I should be consuming and what amounts of protein/carbs/fat?

I lift 4 times a week, and do HIIT for cardio 3 times a week. I'm definitely seeing results, slowly but surely, getting stronger, and seeing the definition come through.

How many cals do I need to successfully cut a few more pounds of fat?

Thanks

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
How many calories are you consuming currently? Best way to start to by cutting 500 calories and adjust accordingly.

You don't want to cut out to many calories, because then your start sacrificing muscle.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm 27
165 lbs
5'7
about 10% bf

In order to cut a few more percent bodyfat and be really shredded this summer, what are your opinions on how many calories I should be consuming and what amounts of protein/carbs/fat?

I lift 4 times a week, and do HIIT for cardio 3 times a week. I'm definitely seeing results, slowly but surely, getting stronger, and seeing the definition come through.

How many cals do I need to successfully cut a few more pounds of fat?

Thanks
The macronutrient ratios you successfully lose bodyfat at will be SPECIFIC to YOU. Everyone's body responds best re different macronutrient ratios, so no one can tell you what will work best for you. I suggest experimenting some and getting to KNOW your body and how it reacts to various ratios. What works for someone else is not necessarily going to work the same for you.

Re the amount of calories, this also, is going to be dependent upon you as an individual. Review The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - there is a link there where you can calculate your Maintenance calories based on age, height, weight, sex, and activity level. To lose bodyfat you should be consuming less than Maintenance calories, and I would recommend going no less than 500 calories below Maintenance - start off at ~200 calories below Maintenance and adjust your caloric intake weekly based on your results.

From your other thread, with your activity level, personally I think that 1600-1700 calories daily is too LOW for you, even for cutting - I mean, even I, at only 108lb, a female, and with similar activity levels have well over 2,000 calories daily and successfully lose bodyfat when I want to (although, yes, we are all different)!

I personally would recommend calorie/carbohydrate cycling for the best results re fat loss - regardless of who you are.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

skidalybop50

Awards
thanks Rosie, I actually read your entire link last night when I was doing some research. I liked it and it was very helpful. I was mostly impressed that after reading articles and forums etc for the past 10 years of my life, you are probably the first person (k maybe an an exaggeration) to ever list sources.

I guess I just wanted to hear it out of someone else's mouth that 1600 is too low. I have been and 2k cals a day with an intentional cheat day once or twice a week at about 2500 to keep my metabolism going and it has been working, so I'll stick with it.

Thanks again.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks Rosie, I actually read your entire link last night when I was doing some research. I liked it and it was very helpful. I was mostly impressed that after reading articles and forums etc for the past 10 years of my life, you are probably the first person (k maybe an an exaggeration) to ever list sources.

I guess I just wanted to hear it out of someone else's mouth that 1600 is too low. I have been and 2k cals a day with an intentional cheat day once or twice a week at about 2500 to keep my metabolism going and it has been working, so I'll stick with it.

Thanks again.
You're welcome. The very reason I wrote that article was to fat loss provide information in an easy-to-read and understand format and language, as I get so many clients wanting fat loss, or I see so many people attempting it and getting nowhere, because they do not have the basics down or the knowledge to do it. I'm glad that it helped you out :)

Definitely MORE calories than less is better re fat loss, depending on your exercise level, etc. Starving yourself will only set you back and frustrate you.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT