Bulk Dextrose?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay, guys, I know this is diet-related, but it's closer to slin related.
Where do you guys get your dextrose?
I mean, SupplementDirect has like 50lbs for close to $76 shipped, but that seems like a little more than I'd like to invest, considering $36 of that is shipping. If it weren't for so much of that being shipping, I'd be all over that ****.

Give me some info here, brothers!

dingling

Awards
Home-beer/wine brewing companies carry bulk dextrose & maltodextrin. Check your yellow pages for a store close to you. Im sure there are also some online stores that have a flat shipping rate for any weight, I just cant think of any off the top of my head. I think i paid about a dollar a gram for the dextrose I bought at my local brewing supply shop.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
brewery supply places probably are the cheapest.

also, do a search for Now Foods Carbo Gain - it's 100% maltodextrin and you can get it in 7lb tubs cheap.

also good is Ultra Fuel powder, which is a mix of Maltodextrin and Fructose iirc.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go to any local brewery and talk to the brew master. He will likely sell you a 50lb bag for cheap.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently using the Ultra Fuel... I like it, but there's gotta be cheaper alternatives.

I'd like dextrose instead of Maltodextrin. I hear that Malto doesn't dissolve as well.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like I said, I buy it from the local brewer guy. I used to buy it in the two pound bags, but the brew master joined my MMA school two days ago:)

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
My local brew supply place has 7lb bags of dextrose for $5.00. I buy it this way because it will cost a fortune to ship 20lbs of powder even if I do find it cheaper.

Rock Lee

Awards
I'd like dextrose instead of Maltodextrin. I hear that Malto doesn't dissolve as well.
For what it's worth I think a lot of people mix the two in a 1:1 ratio. Also, I've always found maltodextrin to dissolve just as easy as dextrose.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Found 2lb Now Nutrition Dextrose for $1.81 each. On $50+ orders, shipping is free. So I got a couple of friends, and we ordered 33 bags. So for $20 each, we got 22lbs. Pretty sweet deal, but the lady on the phone didn't sound too thrilled with shipping 66lbs of sugar for free.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
she was totally pissed. i heard she peed in your dextrose! :)

let me know if it tastes tangy.

marrzie

Awards
Found 2lb Now Nutrition Dextrose for $1.81 each. On $50+ orders, shipping is free. So I got a couple of friends, and we ordered 33 bags. So for $20 each, we got 22lbs. Pretty sweet deal, but the lady on the phone didn't sound too thrilled with shipping 66lbs of sugar for free.
Ya I got the now nutrition but wow its like 1.25 tsp per 4 g carbs or something like that.So assume you got metrx 37g protein and 19 carbs per pack.Add in a scoop of whey adding 20g protein for 59g total protein.That means add like 10 tsp dextrose to get the necessary carb and thats a minimum.At that amount to me it is too damn sweet.Is it just me or do you all notice that too.Plus too many carbs such as sextrose really makes me tired after my noo workout which is at my lunchbreak added to the igf and I almost ned lcen tostay awake.Anyone else have this problems and suggest a fix?Maybe take the metrx add protein and half the dextrose and just eat a piece of bread or some pasta to get the necessary carbs?
am willing to be tired if I have to but does anyone offer an alternative?
-marrzie

marrzie

Awards
Ya I got the now nutrition but wow its like 1.25 tsp per 4 g carbs or something like that.So assume you got metrx 37g protein and 19 carbs per pack.Add in a scoop of whey adding 20g protein for 59g total protein.That means add like 10 tsp dextrose to get the necessary carb and thats a minimum.At that amount to me it is too damn sweet.Is it just me or do you all notice that too.Plus too many carbs such as sextrose really makes me tired after my noo workout which is at my lunchbreak added to the igf and I almost ned lcen tostay awake.Anyone else have this problems and suggest a fix?Maybe take the metrx add protein and half the dextrose and just eat a piece of bread or some pasta to get the necessary carbs?
am willing to be tired if I have to but does anyone offer an alternative?
-marrzie

Rock Lee

Awards
Try mixing it with an equal portion of maltodextrin.