Diet help please

powersun81

Awards
I have always lifted for personal goals of lifting heavier weights. With summer coming up I have made a new goal to cut. I'm at 19% bodyfat. When I eat now I consume around 4k caliories a day.
I just started doing cardio in the last week. My question is how many days of cardio should I add to be effective? How many less calories do i need to take in to lose some fat? Any help would be great.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
if you could post your diet you would get alot more helpful info, i would shoot for about 5 days cardio, maybe look into some HIIT.. if you post your diet ill try and help out as much as i can on that.. i usually take in about 2400 cals or so, it varies really though..

powersun81

Awards
Current Diet is:
7am. Protein shake
8am. 2 slices wheat toast with 6eggs
11am. chicken sandwhich
1pm. 2 bananas and 2 cups of peanuts
3 pm. Pre workout shake with milk
5pm. Protein shake with milk
6pm. Chicken/steak/or fish with 2 vegatables and baked potato
8pm. Normally Peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread
Water is around 1.5 gallons a day. I have no problem gaining muscle. I really dont know what I need to cut out to lose some bodyfat. Thanks

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
ok, im guessing you are wanting to lean up and maintain the hard earned muscle right?
here is what im doing, i always like looking at someone elses diet and edit it to my liking rather than people just telling me what to eat..

Breakfast
6 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal (1scoop whey added in)

Snack
2 oz unsalted peanuts ( or subb this with peanut butter if you prefer it)
2 scoops whey in water

Lunch
8 oz Chicken,Turkey,red meat
1 cup brown rice

Snack
6-8 oz tuna
1 cup green veggies

Pre-workout shake
2 scoops whey in water
1/2 cup oats

post shake
2 scoops whey in water

Diner
8 oz Fish
1 cup green veggies

I also put the good oils (evoo, canola, mac nut, coc nut) on alot of stuff like veggies and marinate or fry my meats in it.. easy way to add calories, i only do the rice on days im doing my full body workout (3 days a week), any other day that is replaced with 1 cup veggies... prob not the best diet but has been working for me, actually been seeing increases on it with substantial fat loss as well..

powersun81

Awards
i think I will start using water in place of the milk for my shakes to cut a few calories.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Current Diet is:
7am. Protein shake
11am. chicken sandwhich
Water is around 1.5 gallons a day. I have no problem gaining muscle. I really dont know what I need to cut out to lose some bodyfat. Thanks
that's 4000 cals? ah, no.unless you're eating the whole cow, a jar of pb. where did you come up with that number?

powersun81

Awards
This is how the calories add up. I guess I didn't tell the portion sizes.
7am. Protein shakes: 2 cups of milk 2 scoops of ON. 540 caliores per shake
8am.Toast and eggs: 620 calories
11am.Chicken sandwich: 440 Calories
1pm.Bananas and peanuts: 415
3pmPreworkout:220 Calories
5pm. Post workout shake 540 caloires
6pm Chix breast/ 2 vegatable sides and bake potato: 700
8pm: PB& Jelly. 4 tbs of peanut butter and 3 slices of bread 530 Calories
Total is 4005 . Yes it is around 4000 caliories. My main question is what do some of you reccomend that I take out to help lose weight. This diet worked great for muscle building. I am looking into the ECA stack now.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
When I cut I take out 500-700 calories a day. You may want to make the portions you consume smaller. I also increase cardio to help.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
This is how the calories add up. I guess I didn't tell the portion sizes.
7am. Protein shakes: 2 cups of milk 2 scoops of ON. 540 calories per shake
8am.Toast and eggs: 620 calories
11am.Chicken sandwich: 440 Calories
1pm.Bananas and peanuts: 415
3pmPreworkout:220 Calories
5pm. Post workout shake 540 caloires
6pm Chix breast/ 2 vegatable sides and bake potato: 700
8pm: PB& Jelly. 4 tbs of peanut butter and 3 slices of bread 530 Calories
Total is 4005 . Yes it is around 4000 caliories. My main question is what do some of you reccomend that I take out to help lose weight. This diet worked great for muscle building. I am looking into the ECA stack now.
that's easy bro. lose the milk @ 7:00am. replace the baked potato with a sweet potato @ 6pm. lose the jelly and one slice of bread (just make one sandwich) @ 8pm.

you cut out food slowly, like i mentioned above, a piece of a meal here and little there. that is the proper way to cut in my opinion, slowly. try that for two weeks. how much cardio are you getting right now? what kind of intensity?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
KISS - keep it simple stupid.

Remove shakes.
Remove bananas.
Remove PB/jelly sandwiches.

12 egg whites, 2 yolks.
1 whole wheat bagel

Next five meals, divide up 3lbs of baked chicken equally and another whole wheat bagel per meal.

Done.

Cardio - 6x/wk. Interval cardio either first thing in morning.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, fast post. But cardio first thing in morning or directly after workout. Remove carbs slowly as the diet continues. Eventually switching to carb cycling at your leanest point. I'm sure you'll hear a dozen different ideas on here, most will be right in their own way. This is just what worked well for me.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, fast post. But cardio first thing in morning or directly after workout. Remove carbs slowly as the diet continues. Eventually switching to carb cycling at your leanest point. I'm sure you'll hear a dozen different ideas on here, most will be right in their own way. This is just what worked well for me.
I have to agree here.. This is very close to my schedule and working great for me too

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/147712-logging-my-first.html

rk5050

Awards
Sliced

I used the plan layed out in the old Sliced (by Bill Reynolds) bodybuilding book. It can be pretty harsh at times if you do not pace yourself. Remember your brain runs off the same thing your body does so don't get to low on fats and carbs.

MSE

MSE

Awards
Current Diet is:
7am. Protein shake
11am. chicken sandwhich

My 2 cents

Meal 1- throw a bannana or apple into this meal to spike insulin and get the protein into the fasting muscles asap.

Meal 2-Way too much fat, switch to
6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/2 cup (dry measurment) oatmeal

Meal 3- Fine as long as it is a breast and not chicken salad.

Meal 4- Whoa! Enough said. Switch to 2 scoops protein shake with water and a whole wheat english muffin with 1 tablespoon peanut butter (natural)
(FYI 2 cups of peanuts = over 1700 cals!!!! and 152 grams of fat)

Meal 5- milk with whey= slower digestion, this is not what you want before or after your workout switch to 1 scoop prior with water, 2 scoops after with water.

Meal 6- Too many carbs too late in the day, do 8-10 oz lean meat and veggies, no more carbs for the day.

Meal 7- 1 can tuna. (gotta love the mercury) hahaha

Meal 8- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (casein protein)

You previous diet looks good for power lifting or even for an ecto bodybuilder, but not a cut diet at all, way too many carbs and sugar and fat.