Whey comparrisons

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i've bought a 20 kg bag of Whey Protein Isolate straight from the milk factory which has NO processing at all but a full amino acid profile similiar to commercial brands.

what (if any) is the differance in quality between this & commercial brands of whey that cost 4 times as much?

these companies must get their whey from somewhere so wouldn't it be milk factories like where i got mine from?

one thing i noticed was when i made pancakes with Optimums Whey it was very nice but this new one i got tasted VERY cheesey.
actually i couldn't even eat it................and i'm NOT usually a fussy eater!!! :confused:

Jag

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
My guess regarding the difference between what you purchased and the more "commercial" whey proteins would be the degree of purity. In other words, "commercial" whey proteins are probably filtered or refined to a greater extent. You noticed a difference in taste, which is an indication that there is something in this product besides whey.

phatbody

Awards
Well it's cold filtered for that smooth taste...ops sorry. I thought this was about beer!

Go cheap by buying bulk from places like Black Star Labs, Kilo or Protein Factory. Like anything with brands you are paying for all that advertising when you buy "Commercial" although Biotest has just lower the price on a **** load of products. Grow! @ $23 isn't bad at all.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Bulk deal schmulk deal.

I just strap a dairy cow to my back. When I need my whey fix I simply look over my shoulder and nuzzle on an udder.

I'd imagine the increase in commercial price is due to the processing to make the whey more palatable, less clumpy and in a pretty and shiney package.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Go cheap by buying bulk from places like Black Star Labs, Kilo or Protein Factory.
I'd like to put All They Whey in that category, good price, great product, and tastes good even when I mix it with oats and water.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
My guess regarding the difference between what you purchased and the more "commercial" whey proteins would be the degree of purity. In other words, "commercial" whey proteins are probably filtered or refined to a greater extent. You noticed a difference in taste, which is an indication that there is something in this product besides whey.
i don't think there's something IN it but rather something taken OUT of it.

whey is a by product of cheese so whatever processing they do it obviously gets rid of the cheesey taste.
i don't notice the taste while i'm drinking it (in a shake) but the pancakes i made were disgusting.

Jag