Losing that last bit of body fat
- 03-09-2010, 03:38 AM
- 03-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Have you tried hiit cardio yet? Try it maybe 2-3x per week for a few weeks and you'll notice a difference
- 03-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Nah I haven't. Truth be told I didn't know much about it until you mentioned it and I looked it up. How many minutes a day should I shoot for? And any particular scheme recommended?
03-09-2010, 05:35 AM
HIIT running is effective:
20-25 minutes total time.
2 minutes warmup @ Jog speed e.g. 8km/h
30 seconds @ fast speed e.g. 14km/h
1 minute @ jog speed
30 seconds @ fast speed
Until you reach your goal time e.g 20 minutes
2 minutes @ jog speed to cool down.
Very effective in both increasing cardiovascular/aerobic fitness and burning fat. The calories burned during the activity may not be as high as say doing 60 minutes MISS cardio but your body will have an increased metabolic and fat burning rate for the rest of the day. 2 HIIT sessions a week on top of your normal training is very effective.
03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Ok great. I had been stuck only working slow twitch muscles for about 8 weeks with an ankle injury (strictly low intensity elliptical) so I'm trying to get back into something more intense. Thanks for the tips guys!
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By rojasdave in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 04-14-2011, 06:09 PM
- By Shelly in forum Female FitnessReplies: 17Last Post: 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
- By jonah11692 in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 07-31-2008, 02:10 PM
- By austink3417 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
- By chdn20 in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 09-06-2004, 07:56 PM