Best food for before bed

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I heard that it can be valuable to take a whey and high GI combination in small amounts at ALL meals because it takes the body from an anti-catabolic to an anabolic phase. Why just eat foods to prevent catabolism when you can also create anabolism before bed?

Thanks for the advice guys I stopped using the banana. I just have a multi and some metamucil (sugar free) instead.

2. Cottage Cheese.
    •   

3. Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
    I heard that it can be valuable to take a whey and high GI combination in small amounts at ALL meals because it takes the body from an anti-catabolic to an anabolic phase. Why just eat foods to prevent catabolism when you can also create anabolism before bed?

Thanks for the advice guys I stopped using the banana. I just have a multi and some metamucil (sugar free) instead.
    Bobo has got me convinced that high g.i. carbs are NEVER much good, even post-workout. After trying oatmeal instead of malto/dextro post-workout, I find gains are the same, and bodyfat is dropping. Hate to admit it, but that clown was right about something.

4. i would try oatmeal (cleaner source of complex carbs rather than maltodextrine and corn sugar/dextrose) however, i pound my post workout drink at exactly that...post. (start sipping on it 10 minutes towards the end of the workout) cant bring a microwave/pot to the gym....of course the first whole of after post workout drink (1-1.5 mins after), my meal consist of a cup of oatmeal. So my situation puts it that i would have to stick with what ive been doing for 4-5 years now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 125 best foods for men
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
  2. Best Foods for TESTOSTERONE?!
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 09:27 PM
  3. best foods for aas mass cycling?
    By bigrobk in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2