best weightgainer

beamen28

beamen28

Awards
hey i was just woundering what you guys think is the best weight gaining supplement out there right now?

mike02885

Awards
hey i was just woundering what you guys think is the best weight gaining supplement out there right now?
Make your own, get a protein powder with a good profile, through in some natural peanut butter, or flax seed oil, some oats and or a banana with skim milk and you could easily get a 1000 calorie shake that will taste good and has solid low gi carbs and good fats and substantial amount of protein.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
...agreed, definetly the best also the cheapest!

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Yeup, store-bought weight gainers, with all their maltodextrin, are a big contributing factor to the spare tire around my gut.

beamen28

beamen28

Awards
yeah ive taken serious mass from O.N. and that gave me a gut too, even when i was working out real hard. thanks guys ill make a home brew weight gainer with some protien from allthewhey

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
There is one made by MHP with low GI carbs, it's the best I have seen but its rather expensive IMO. Homemade one with oats, why, and natty peanut butter is your best bet. And I'd also recommend All the Whey, I'm very pleased with the taste even when mixed in water with oats.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know where to get a large amount of natty peanut butter at a descent price. I'm currently buying mine from the grocery store, and paying quite a bit.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know where to get a large amount of natty peanut butter at a descent price. I'm currently buying mine from the grocery store, and paying quite a bit.
Make your own. I'm sure you can find a recipe online. I made it before when I was in grade school for a project...many moons ago..... :(

Or try some bulk retailers like Cosco, or an online source.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
n-large from prolab if your trying to bulk up......... good tasting with milk

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Make your own. I'm sure you can find a recipe online. I made it before when I was in grade school for a project...many moons ago..... :(

Or try some bulk retailers like Cosco, or an online source.
Haven't checked Cosco yet only Sams. I'll have to look into that.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
That's a good deal for natural peanut butter. I'm paying around five for a little jar right now.

mrfumetsu

Awards
cytosport cytogainer has always been my favorite..

punk

Awards
Twinlab's GAINER FUEL. You can feel it's anabolic effects instantly as u drink it post workout. Tastes simply superb with milk(chocolate flavour).

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Twinlab's GAINER FUEL. You can feel it's anabolic effects instantly as u drink it post workout. Tastes simply superb with milk(chocolate flavour).
Really? Tell me, what do the anabolic effects feel like? ahahah

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i was wondering about those "anabolic effects" myself...lol

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I think they call that a sugar rush. :)

Siberian

Awards
As cuffs said I would look into making your own. You can buy peanuts in bulk for very cheap. Here's a recipe with some suggestions though I have never done it myself. Let me know how it comes out if you try it:

-Combine, in your processor or blender, 1 c. roasted nuts or seeds and 1 Tbsp + 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Process at medium to high speed, scraping down the sides as needed. Blend til smooth or leave a little "chunky".
-Be sure that you store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Warm to room temperature to spread.
-Makes about 1 c.
-Some suggestions for nuts and seeds:
Peanuts
Cashews (Raw or roasted)
Sunflower seeds
Sesame seeds
Macadamia Nuts
Almonds
Hazelnuts

bigpump23

Awards
Nlarge2 and I bet Mass-Tech will probably be good

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Here's another tip.

Buy a coffee grinder. Grind an entire large container of oats up (it makes it into a fine powder, much like flour or protein powder.) Then put it back in the oat container.

Next time you want a weight gain shake, just take a big glass of milk(or water) and add a scoop or two of protein powder, a couple scoops of ground oats, and a little flax oil or light olive oil.

Save the bananas and peanut butter shakes for when you actually have time to blend them up.

You can also grind up whole flax seeds to use, instead of buying flax oil, but I have not tried this yet.

Also, when you get a coffee grinder, don't bother with one of those 1/4 cup ones. These will only frustrate you. I'm currently looking for a high capacity one online.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Actually, I'm now wondering if if I could just use oat flour instead of grinding oats up on my own.

punk

Awards
Really? Tell me, what do the anabolic effects feel like? ahahah
want to know what the anabolic effect/feel you get after drinking that stuff? I tell you buddy, I have used it only once but it has remained in my mind for a long time now. As soon as you workout(I mean a real hard workout, not just the average joe workout ofcourse!!) your body is in a catabolic state, u r breathin' hard and your body is literally craving for lots of water atleast if not anything. just rush and pick up the twinlab gainer fuel and have a half or a full serving of it and instantly your body is full of energy and you can feel your already sore muscles instantly pumping and pumping. I have tried other weight gainers too but nothing like this. This is just what I have felt personally, so if you want to take a chance with weight gainers, twinlab gainer fuel(chocolate tastes really great with some skimmed milk) is the way to go. Try it and you won't be sorry.

Carpe Diem

Awards
wait untill you stack cell-tech and nitro-tech. The add in my mag says thats what makes pros like Johnny Jackson so big. I can't even amagine that anabolic expierience. lol

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
optimum nutrition's serious mass. cheap as hell, and it isn't thick. all the other weight gainer's ive tried (along w/ adding peanut butter, oil, coconut, whatever the **** else in regular whey)... are thick as hell and hard to get down. serious mass is awesome.

DougMan

Awards
I like Optimum Nutritions Complete Protein Diet. It is high in casein (you can taste it) so its not the best tasting/mixing stuff in the world. But it is one of the few MRP powders you can get for under a dollar per serving. Add some oats and PB and you are good to go.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Just throw some steak, tuna, eggs(raw), milk, and a few yams in a blender and call it a day.

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
Just throw some steak, tuna, eggs(raw), milk, and a few yams in a blender and call it a day.

I know this is an ancient thread but I just read the last line and literally spit my coffee out on my desk laughing out loud. Very funny, very, very funny.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i make my own now,

but ISO GAINER by NUTRABOLICs is AMAZING.... but any more then 3 scoops would give me mud butt

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
Boom

i make my own now,

but ISO GAINER by NUTRABOLICs is AMAZING.... but any more then 3 scoops would give me mud butt

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH hilarious dude...some of these weight gainers turn my gas into tactical-room-clearing stink bombs.

Best is getting off the elevator after you have left your guts inside and seeing people make that uncomfortable look like "omg what is that stink, no human could produce that..."

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm bored at work...

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH hilarious dude...some of these weight gainers turn my gas into tactical-room-clearing stink bombs.

Best is getting off the elevator after you have left your guts inside and seeing people make that uncomfortable look like "omg what is that stink, no human could produce that..."

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm bored at work...

i just laughed so hard i started to cry a little that was awesome!

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
i've been using ON's pro-complex gainer..i think it has a pretty good profile, lots of carbs, protein and calories, not too high in fat. check it out