T3, T4, and androgel

killemallbut6

Awards
I am a 33 year old male. In 2001 I weighed 200 pounds, then started getting sick. I was diagnosed as hypothyroidal and hypogonadal, meaning I don't make enough thyroid or testosterone. I was later diagnosed with sarcoid, and got up to 370 pounds through a year of prednisone treatments. I started loosing weight again in 2006 after convincing my doctor to add cytomel (t3, 10 mcg) to the 200mcg of levothyroxin I was already on. I got down to 246, and have leveled off around 260. My target is to get to 205, and I have plenty of fat to lose to get there. I have been on androgel, 5 gm/day, levotyroxin, 200mcg/day, and cytomel, 10 mcg/day for about 5 years now, and have managed to save enough that I could double up for about 2 months. My question is, what would be the best way to utilize the extra meds to lose as much weight as safely possible in the next couple months, and what should I be taking with it. I do lift weights along with some cardio 5 days a week, and my diet is pretty clean. The only other supplements I am taking right now are fish oil, glu/chon, a good multi-vit, and protein. I am trying DIM, but have not been on it long. Thanks in advance for any help.

tsantsa

Awards
One thing I've learned quickly here, is to insert the item(s) of discussion into the search bar and see what people have to say about said chems! You will find a WIDE variety of info on each and every one of those I bet...especially cytomel (t3). some believe it works others say its garbage. Probably, its individual body chemistry at work is why the disagreement.

After adding the t3, how long did it take to get to 260? Also, did you add any rigorous exercise or change diet? I'm asking because if it lost you weight WITHOUT doing that, just imagine if you started changing things. I'm also willing to bet you can double the t3 dosage, but let some more experienced peeps on the board let you know about that.