What supplements should i be taking? - AnabolicMinds.com

What supplements should i be taking?

  1. New Member
    TL01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    What supplements should i be taking?


    Still being relatively new to supplements. I want to make sure i'm taking the right supplements. I'm trying to lose about 10-15 lbs and tone up and stay in shape. my problem area is abs. training hard with minimal results.
    i'm currently taking;
    whey 40g
    Casein at night
    whole food multivitamin
    Just started ragnorok /Cycling of Jack3d
    just started OEP
    Flaxseed 100mg
    Antioxidant
    Vitrix
    Glucosamine and Chondroitin

    workout 4 to 5 days a week 2 hours a day;
    Mon cardio 30 min, chest, Abs
    Tues Cardio 30 min, Legs
    Wed Cardio 30 min, Arms, Abs
    Thurs Cardio 30 min, Legs
    Friday Cardio 30 min, Back, Abs

    I need a good meal plan. I eat pretty clean now, mostly baked chicken and fish, minimal fried foods, plenty green leafy vegetables and have 1 cheat day on the weekend. My weakness is the sweets. Need to make sure i'm eating the right foods.
    Any recommendations?

  2. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TL01 View Post
    Still being relatively new to supplements. I want to make sure i'm taking the right supplements. I'm trying to lose about 10-15 lbs and tone up and stay in shape. my problem area is abs. training hard with minimal results.
    i'm currently taking;
    whey 40g
    Casein at night
    whole food multivitamin
    Just started ragnorok /Cycling of Jack3d
    just started OEP
    Flaxseed 100mg
    Antioxidant
    Vitrix
    Glucosamine and Chondroitin

    workout 4 to 5 days a week 2 hours a day;
    Mon cardio 30 min, chest, Abs
    Tues Cardio 30 min, Legs
    Wed Cardio 30 min, Arms, Abs
    Thurs Cardio 30 min, Legs
    Friday Cardio 30 min, Back, Abs

    I need a good meal plan. I eat pretty clean now, mostly baked chicken and fish, minimal fried foods, plenty green leafy vegetables and have 1 cheat day on the weekend. My weakness is the sweets. Need to make sure i'm eating the right foods.
    Any recommendations?
    are you're stats correct? what's your age? and what kind of job do you have? what i mean is are your sedatary most of the day or are you a laborer or in the middle? also how long are you lifting fo rin the gym? how long have you been doing the same routine? diet and training first, supplements last.....
  3. New Member
    TL01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    stats are correct and i am 44. I sit behind a desk most of the day. I usually lift about 1.5 hours. i've probably been doing this routine for about 4 months. I try to vary cardio, running (varying speed, .5 incline), eliptical, cycling and stairclimber. for my workout routine i try to hit each muscle group being worked atleast 3 times at least 4 sets of 10 free weights and machines. I try to vary those excercises as much as possible, so im not doing the exact same routine each week.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TL01 View Post
    stats are correct and i am 44. I sit behind a desk most of the day. I usually lift about 1.5 hours. i've probably been doing this routine for about 4 months. I try to vary cardio, running (varying speed, .5 incline), eliptical, cycling and stairclimber. for my workout routine i try to hit each muscle group being worked atleast 3 times at least 4 sets of 10 free weights and machines. I try to vary those excercises as much as possible, so im not doing the exact same routine each week.
    2200-2400 cals a day would be a good place to start as far as intake. do you know how many cals your getting right now? if not, go to www.fitday.com to try an determine that number. you can't get to where you want to go unless you know where your at....make sense?

    also get the lifting time done to 45-75 minutes max anything more than that you'll be releasing more cortisol than anything and that would be counter productive. besides if you can't get done what you need to in an hour you're moving too slow. of course i say this being 10 years younger than you so i might feel the same way @ 44
  5. New Member
    Tone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    301

    Reputation

    I wouldn't spend so much time on ABS... do you do your Shoulders with Arms or what??? cuz you need to get shoulders into your workout
  6. New Member
    TL01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    I checked out fitday and found I'm at about 2800 calories. My total work out time is 2 hours. forgot to calculate 15 minutes of stretching before cardio and about 10 minutes of socializing between sets. I do about 30 minutes of cardio and weight workout is about 50 - 70 minutes depending on how much talking i do.
    Now that i've looked at caloric intake, I see where my problem is, diet!

    on the day i do arms that does include shoulders. I changed my routine to concentrate on legs and abs since those seemed to be the problem areas. I do make sure i get a complete body workout in my weekly routine.
  7. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TL01 View Post
    I checked out fitday and found I'm at about 2800 calories. My total work out time is 2 hours. forgot to calculate 15 minutes of stretching before cardio and about 10 minutes of socializing between sets. I do about 30 minutes of cardio and weight workout is about 50 - 70 minutes depending on how much talking i do.
    Now that i've looked at caloric intake, I see where my problem is, diet!

    on the day i do arms that does include shoulders. I changed my routine to concentrate on legs and abs since those seemed to be the problem areas. I do make sure i get a complete body workout in my weekly routine.
    deduct 200 cals a week till you start seeing the results you desire. go 3 to 4 weeks then hold for a week and give your body a moment to adjust. you'll be around 2200 then anyway. it's kind of hard to get specific about these numbers anyway. these are just rough estimates. I'm doing exactly what i am recommending to you right now. it really easy to subtract 200 cals a week, that's like 1 glass of milk and a few almonds, just find something from your biggest meal and dump it. how many times a day are you eating?
  8. Advanced Member
    Type O Hero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    73447

    Reputation Reputation

    A great stack for leaning up would be IGF-2 and DRIVE. You could throw in some RPM to make it better. This spring I'm going to stack those three with Prime because I've been hearing good things about Prime and strength gains. If you're already fairly lean, you'll be surprised how much better this stack will make you look (trust me). If you're diet is spot on, I can't see how you wouldn't love this.
  9. New Member
    TL01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    I usually eat four meals a day.
  10. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TL01 View Post
    I usually eat four meals a day.
    try and increase that if you can. from 4 to 6. try and tell yourself that there is no need to fill up everytime you eat because you're going to be eating in another 3 hours anyway. it may take a little while to get used to. eating for purpose instead of eating for pleasure is another thing i like to keep in mind, ask yourself "do i really need this many carbs or should i go for more protein?" things like that.
  11. New Member
    TL01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    Sounds good, I'll start with that. What Supplements do you recommend? I don't want to be taking something that is not necessary.
  12. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TL01 View Post
    Sounds good, I'll start with that. What Supplements do you recommend? I don't want to be taking something that is not necessary.
    yea there's gonna be a lot of people (especially reps) trying to recommend you take this and that, spend mucho $ on supps that you don't really need. take it from a guy who used to be a supplement whore and spent thousands of dollars over the course of years on unnecessary things. stick with the basics, multi-v, fish oil, whey protein powder, creatine (if you want to) a little extra vit-c in the morning......and most importantly food and training. i know this might be a screwed up thing to say but save your money and purchase things that are proven to work, and not just because some company put on a single blind test or not even that. any company can come up with a pill, give it to someone, tell them what it is going to do and all this is going to do for most people is give them a placebo effect. now there are some good supps out there, but the multi-million dollar supps industry is built on one thing, ignorance, misinformed people that believe what a company tell them, "the masses are asses" remember that.
  13. New Member
    TL01's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    65

    Reputation

    Good advice! Seems like everybody and there brother has a product that will do what ever you want it to do .
    All I'm really trying to do is stay in shape and be healthy. Thanks, i appreciate the advice.
  14. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TL01 View Post
    Good advice! Seems like everybody and there brother has a product that will do what ever you want it to do .
    All I'm really trying to do is stay in shape and be healthy. Thanks, i appreciate the advice.
    you are welcome, any time
  15. purelife1
    Guest
    purelife1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    deduct 200 cals a week till you start seeing the results you desire. go 3 to 4 weeks then hold for a week and give your body a moment to adjust. you'll be around 2200 then anyway. it's kind of hard to get specific about these numbers anyway. these are just rough estimates. I'm doing exactly what i am recommending to you right now. it really easy to subtract 200 cals a week, that's like 1 glass of milk and a few almonds, just find something from your biggest meal and dump it. how many times a day are you eating?
    you must have deducted your 200 calories and droped our good morning muffins
  16. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by purelife1 View Post
    you must have deducted your 200 calories and droped our good morning muffins
    i did bro and the gummi bears, those i miss the most. and i'm so sick that i keep them in a drawer at work where i spend about 12 hours a day just to mess with myself. but i miss the muffins too and the pound cake.....



    don't ask about the duck.....
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What Supplements should I be taking?
    By wcn8tive in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:16 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
  3. Getting Sick After Taking Supplements
    By Cdman28 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 10:53 PM
  4. Taking Supplements Overseas
    By FrankJ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
  5. Taking supplements before bed?
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in