BF%

JT54

Awards
I got down to 9 to 10% bf with strict dieting. I took 4 weeks off and im not talking like eating bad foods. I ate good foods but with an increase in calories since i wasnt counting anymore and jumped right back up 16lbs. I look alot bigger all over but my abs are completly gone. My question is is it all just genetics? I mean i can cut like crazy and get down weight but to stay there i have to follow this strict diet down to the T and if not im right back to my powerlifting body. SHould i just give up for the quest for that ripped shredded look and just stick with what my genetics give me? what sucks is when one of your friends can go out drink beer all the time and eat anything he wants and never lift and have 6 percent body fat.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
I got down to 9 to 10% bf with strict dieting. I took 4 weeks off and im not talking like eating bad foods. I ate good foods but with an increase in calories since i wasnt counting anymore and jumped right back up 16lbs. I look alot bigger all over but my abs are completly gone. My question is is it all just genetics? I mean i can cut like crazy and get down weight but to stay there i have to follow this strict diet down to the T and if not im right back to my powerlifting body. SHould i just give up for the quest for that ripped shredded look and just stick with what my genetics give me? what sucks is when one of your friends can go out drink beer all the time and eat anything he wants and never lift and have 6 percent body fat.
Well you obviously ate too many overall calories. Whether those cals came from big macs or oatmeal doesnt matter if you ate too much. I have been dieting about 9 weeks and am at about 9% bf or so, i plan to go off my diet after 12 weeks and do 2 weeks at maintenance. I am going to monitor my abs. The plan is to gain back glycogen and reset the metabolism but not gain back very much fat or any at all if possible. Then I will hit the diet hard again and get down to the 6-7% range.

Pretty sure you ate too much man. Next time watch the overall calories and stay lean. Some of what you gained may be water retention so go back on the diet a week and see what you look like.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DK0313 Natural Bodybuilding 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 19
DK0313 Weight Loss 4
yachtson Bulking 6