A Little Help for a newbie before wedding

Newbie11

Awards
Hey all, I am new to this whole weight loss thing and to this site, my best friend is getting married soon (60days) and I need to cut some weight cause I am groomsmen. I'm 5'9'' 190lbs, I played football in HS and at a small college so I once had a muscular build until I was introduced to Bud Light and fast food.

I've been to alot of sites to find help but I've read a lot of good responses from people on this site and you all seem very knowledgable of this subject. So I come to you wondering if you could shed some light on me. I really don't know how to diet, my first step was cutting out the beer and only going out to eat once a week. I really don't know what are good foods to eat..im guessing Veggies, chicken, and fish. Just need some help with that.

I don't plan on taking any supplements and want to target a few areas as well my stomach, chin, and thighs but in general just become as fit as i was in my hay day. If there is any help you guys can give me be it workouts, diets or sites that are good for this I'd appreciate all the help I can get. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs is that achievable in 60 days?

Thanks guys in advanced for any help

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey all, I am new to this whole weight loss thing and to this site, my best friend is getting married soon (60days) and I need to cut some weight cause I am groomsmen. I'm 5'9'' 190lbs, I played football in HS and at a small college so I once had a muscular build until I was introduced to Bud Light and fast food.

I've been to alot of sites to find help but I've read a lot of good responses from people on this site and you all seem very knowledgable of this subject. So I come to you wondering if you could shed some light on me. I really don't know how to diet, my first step was cutting out the beer and only going out to eat once a week. I really don't know what are good foods to eat..im guessing Veggies, chicken, and fish. Just need some help with that.

I don't plan on taking any supplements and want to target a few areas as well my stomach, chin, and thighs but in general just become as fit as i was in my hay day. If there is any help you guys can give me be it workouts, diets or sites that are good for this I'd appreciate all the help I can get. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs is that achievable in 60 days?

Thanks guys in advanced for any help
For a start, you canNOT "target a few areas" re fat loss. It's like trying to empty water from a pool from only one side; it doesn't happen. Fat loss occurs from all over, although sometimes goes from some areas before others.

To get as fit as you were would require you to be training either along the same lines and as much or differently but effectively to get the same results.

The 3 Keys to Fat Loss is an article to start you in the right direction re nutrition and training. As a note, no, supplements are NOT needed, but I would recommend using - if nothing else - a multivitamin and creatine.

The loss of 10-15lb is definitely achievable in 60 days. However, whether or not that 10-15lb will be all fat is something else altogether. You shouldn't be so concentrated on losing weight as much as losing FAT. I would recommend that you find out what your body composition is - or at least get an estimate as a baseline - and set a realistic goal re BODY COMPOSITION and then aim to get down to that, whatever the weight loss may be.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT