Who's Getting 400+ on protien

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tatt2d
    That is not completely true, I read an interview with Chris Cormier and he said that he never takes in alot of protien. He said that he intakes only about 160gr aday. So I think protien requirements are base on individual requirements, just like workouts, some things work better for others.
    Just a thought
    It Is All Nitro Tech Right??lol.

2. I heard a rumor that he sleeps with an IV in his arms to keep his calorie intake going while he's asleep.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sifu
    Like I said, I would like to see proof that 400 grams or more of protein is needed for optimal growth.
    Well if I eat less than 350g's of protein I don't grow for ****. When I increase my protein I start putting on weight and strength. Thats all the proof I need. I'm sure it is diffrent for everybody and that all don't need 400g's of protein every day. I will say I also have a very high metabolism and have to consume massive amounts of calories anyways.
    •   

4. Eat 5 smalls meals a day and def eat breakfast. i get 400+ a day from eating 4 whole eggs(25g's right there) 3-4 bowls of cottage cheese, 3-4 bowls of yogurt, 3 pro complex shakes(55g's per) and numerous other hi-protein meals

5. Actually, Chris has stated that he eats around 500+ grams a day when he is training seriously.

6. Keep in mind that when you're on Androgens, you can benefit from more protein since you have an increase in protein synthesis. I have personally been doing good with the 1 gram per lb. standard and haven't noticed a difference from an extra 100 grams of protein when the calories remain the same.

7. Quote Originally Posted by wildman536
    How Big are ya?

190-215 depends on if I am in contest season.

8. Done this, can of tuna and 12 oz of orange juice tossed around in a blender. A bit chunky for someone spoiled though.
    Just thinking of that makes me want to vomit

Personally I go through 5 lbs of optimum chocolate whey a week and I am growing like a weed. I mix 4 coffee cups full with 1 1/2cup of honey powder and 10 grams creatine, and 1/2 cup of husks (to prevent mud butt ) into a big jug every morning and pound it every 3 hrs.

I also eat regular food (as clean as I can) but I work like a slave and this guarantees I get at least a good base of fuel throughout the day. My GF says I eat like a robot, same thing every day. Works for me.

I take my vitamins and minerals also.

9. During my m1t cycle which I am 2 weeks into I have upped my protein to 550+ a day and am seeing unreal results. I wake up and have a shake with 80 grams of protein then I have another shake before workout with 100 grams ( because of milk ) then a post workout shake with 80 and 1 before bed with 100....I have changed my opinion on getting most of your protein from shakes because I am seeing great results.

10. never had a tuna shake.....dont want to either

I was getting between 400-500 protein a day at 4600 calories per day on my last natural bulk ending the bulk at a BW of 223, I am cutting now and get around 300+ grams at 3000 calories.

my next bulk I will be doing transdermals so I might need more after reading this thread......good stuff.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    During my m1t cycle which I am 2 weeks into I have upped my protein to 550+ a day and am seeing unreal results. I wake up and have a shake with 80 grams of protein then I have another shake before workout with 100 grams ( because of milk ) then a post workout shake with 80 and 1 before bed with 100....I have changed my opinion on getting most of your protein from shakes because I am seeing great results.

how long have you done this to change your opinion, I usually eat a ton of cottage cheese before bed to get some protein before sleeping.

a shake before bed would be quicker and I sometimes get tired of eating on a clean bulk.

12. dont forget with whey it converts at roughly 56% to glucose.

13. if you do rely on powders to that extent that its not PWO, then try some egg protein. full proteins 100% usable protein

Similar Forum Threads

1. Triple play stack - who is getting in on this ish
    By VaughnTrue in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 03:28 PM
  2. Who gets acne on the juice, and who doesnt?
    By orangutan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 12:51 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
  4. I want to hear who's keeping gains on M-1-T??
    By goes4ever in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 02:41 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 12:46 AM