Deployed Weight Loss

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
What's up everyone?

I am currently deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and I am trying to shed some unwanted body fat and get some lean muscle back.

The Goal:
Lose approx. 35lbs in 4 months. 235-200 or 195

The Supps:
Nothing special, CLA, Caffeine, Yohimbine HCI, and a Multi

The Food:
Whatever is the leanest out of what we get from the chow hall, normally chicken breasts and some sort of vegetable. A small amount of fruit in the morning, yogurt during the first half of the day, and a Met-RX shake between meals (it's free over here)

The Background:
Used to be a serious health junkie, turned into a fatboy smoker, drinker, fast food addict. Went from about 7% BF at 212 to well over 19% BF at 235. I've been deployed for about a month so far and i have lost around 15 lbs. Right now i'm focusing on getting a good base of muscle before I start the real cardio. It's pretty tough to have a good diet over here and get enough rest but I am making due pretty well so far and I can only hope for the results to keep coming. I have about 20-25lbs left to reach my goal which seems very attainable. I am also recovering from multiple shoulder injuries so I have to take it easy on shoulder days and some chest exercises so I don't aggrivate them.

The Workouts:
Chest and Tri's
3x12 60lb DB Inc
3x12 65lb DB Press
3x12 Body Weight Dips
3x10 25lb DB Butterflies
3x12 80lb Tri Pulldown
3x12 20lb Reverse Tri Ext

Back and Bi's
30 Pullups/Chinups (as many sets as it takes to get 30)
3x12 60lb Upright Rows
3x12 50lb One Arm Bent Over DB rows
3x12 120lb Seated Row
3x12 35lb Back Extension
3x12 120lb Bar Cable Curls
3x12 75lb Hammer Curls

Shoulders and Traps
3x12 20lb One arm Cable Side Lateral raises
3x12 50lb Lateral Bar Raises
3x12 45lb Lateral Plate Raises
3x12 140lb Seated Smith Machine Military Press
3x12 155lb Shruggs

Legs
3x12 400lb Leg Press
3x12 25lb DB Lunges
3x12 120lb Seated Leg Extension
3x12 120lb Laying Leg Curls
3x15 300lb Leg Press Calf Raises

Every other Workout I do 4x10 25lb 24" Box jumps.

I'm not too concerned with the cardio right now, still making minor modifications on the diet, but at the end of February I will incorporate cardio every other day on the days between workouts. Let me know what you guys think about it, but remember, I am deployed right now, resources are very limited. Thanks for stopping by!

thenomad

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention, I take LG Sciences E-911 pre-workout and I am also taking CEE. I have about a week and a half left on the CEE before a 3 week break.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good man!

Ditch the CEE and go with plain monohydrate next time you buy creatine. You really can't go wrong with it.

I know you got it in you bud! - I seem to remember you sent me an email and needed help with some stuff. I can't remember if I got back to you or not. Things have been so hectic recently.

SOUTHCAR27

SOUTHCAR27

Awards
I AM CURRENTLY DEPLOYED TO CUBA AND I LOST 35 POUNDS IN THREE MONTHS FROM JUST EATING HEALTHY AS POSSIBLE AND HITTING THE GYM HARD. GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you cannon! Thanks for the support doods. I was planning on ditching the CEE around the tenth, the Mono wasn't an option at the time because it seriously dehydrates me and there was no real way for me to drink enough water for the Mono.

That E-911 never came from that promo, but at least they didn't take my money. I finally ordered some of it and i have been using it for about three weeks now. If White Flood wasn't so expensive, I would be using it instead, Def more energy off of it vs. the E-911.

I'll prolly get some measurements on here tomorrow. Today was a rest day. Tomorrow is Chest and Tri's

Hope all is well.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Shiesty workout this morning, I'm pretty sure that I need to start going to the gym after work. I had absolutely no energy this morning and E911 SUCKS A$$!!!!!! The White Flood i was taking at home is so much better and gives me a lot more energy and puts me in a better mood.

Cons about E-911:
Mint flavor=A piece of chalk that someone with a breath mint in their mouth spit on.
"Sublinguality"=15 minutes of having holes burned into your gums and tongue
Quick Disolving=Choking on a tab because you have limited time and the advertised few minutes to dissolve are gone
Energy=I get more from a cup of decaf coffee

All in all, don't buy this crap. I still like LG but no more E-911 for me. Even if it is free.

Lesson learned, afternoon workouts and products I know work for me.

Holla.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Just got done with a pretty sweet leg day.
I decided to change a few things up today:
First, I went to the gym after working rather than as soon as I woke up.
Second, I upped my carb intake by about 40g today for a total of around 85g per day (except reload days)
Third, I popped an extra E-911
Fourth, I decided to go heavy today. Felt like shocking the muscles and wanted to get tired.

Anywho, I felt amazing in the gym, I started to develop a minor headache, but probably because I was lifting quite a bit heavier than normal. Nothing phenomenal or anything like that, but heavier for me. I did sets of five pull-ups between my exercises for a total of 35 pull ups. The goal is a set or two of 30 before I head back home.

As for the added carbs, I felt hungry all day long, I found myself searching for snacks and random foods while at work and had to stop myself. Anywho, I didn't end up straying to far away from my "loose" low fat/carb diet. Pretty hard to eat healthy over here.

I made an order today for some of Controlled Labs REDuction, White Flood, and also some Dicreatine Malate. I have read some really good reviews on the REDuction and it supposedly helps you sleep a lot better, something that i truly need! Anywho, where better to test a sleep aid than somewhere that has loud planes and mortars! HA! Anywho, I will try my best to review the REDuction on this log. I know that the White Flood is good stuff and so is the Dicreatine Malate. I just get too dehydrated and bloated with Monohydrate.

Anywho, hope all is well out there in AM land. Let me know what's going on back in the real world!

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I did 4.5 overseas deployments (Navy) a few years ago, so I understand your situation and the challenges you face. Depending on how physically demanding your job is, you might want to look into the Millenium Sports Technologies product line. I think it's tailor made for military personel and their lifestyles. You can stack almost anything in the line, and a good baseline stack of Cordygen5, Ragnorok, and Cre02 will hit most of your needs at a reasonable price with minimum bloat and no cramping with limited water (my experience only). I once lost 25 pounds in a month painting a radio tower in Israel every day. Don't recommend it, sound like you have a good idea what you need to do, just stick to it and good luck.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support my friend! I will definitely have to look into that product line and see if it's something that I can hook up once I run out of the stuff I just picked up.

I had to take a rest day yesterday after my leg workout, went a lot heavier than normal, and I had some pretty crummy sleep. I'm hitting the gym after work today. Back and Bi's. I'm going for 40 pull-ups today though, I did 35 on my leg day so I'm pretty sure that I can Bump it up. The goal is 50 in a row, no stopping before I leave.

Tomorrow is my last day on the CEE and supps for about a week. Got some pretty good supps lined up for when I am able to take them again, hopefully the REDuction AM/PM works out well, I have never had any issues with Controlled Labs products and I have heard some great reviews. I am hopeful that it will help me to get some good sleep as well as some great energy.

Anyone ever stacked the REDuction with Ephedrine? Results? How unsafe is it really? After looking at the ingredients, I haven't really seen anything that would obviously react negatively. Let me know what you guys think.

Have a good one!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
So, yesterday I felt like a had a skin ripping pump, first one in a long time, especially without any type of NO product. Glad I decided to go heavier this week, seeing as how I don't know how able I will be to work out for the next week and a half.

Did Back and Bi's
Started out with 35 Pull-ups
One arm DB rows 3x8x65
Upright Rows 3x10x80
Seated Rows 3x10x130
Back DB Fly 3x8x40
Cable Curls 3x10x130
Cable Hammer curls 3x8x90
Reverse grip cablecurls 3x8x90
Finished out with 10 more pull-ups

Then, I slept went to work for a few hours came home and did Tri's (pretty weak heavy day)
Incline DB Press 10x60, 10x70, 10x80
Incline cable fly 3x10x35
Flat smith bench (slow w/ 1 sec pause) 3x10x175
Pec Fly Machine 3x8x95
Tri Pulldown w/rope 2x10x130, 10x140
Reverse Tri DB ext 2x10x30, 10x30

Weighed in at a different time today after two meals 5 bottles of water and no bathroom breaks at 218 dressed, so I figure i'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 215.

Yesterday was my last day of supps for about the next week and a half until my new order comes in. I am very excited about the REDuction, i'll be stacking it with a few other things, but i'll do a little log on this thread about the stack and hopefully all goes well. I'm out for now, but hope all is well out there in Muscle-land

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Had an awesome heavy shoulder workout yesterday, can hardly lift my arms in the air today! Doing pretty well without any supps, still have good energy and I'm actually lifting harder and more without them. Not getting a whole lot of sleep, schedule is really jacked up right now, but i'm managing.

Two new notes: Weighed in at a solid 216 yesterday.
Measured BF% with the bodybuilding.com free calipers approx 16%. Trying to get down to 10% at most, pretty sure i can make it happen. I'll be starting cardio in about a week, so the time to shred has almost come to fruition.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's your schedule like these days? - I know it was always getting messed up back at home. Probably making that mad skrilla out there, though! :woohoo:

I had a pretty killer workout yesterday myself. Nice and sore. Going to get some new ink right after my cheat meal tonight. Giggidy!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
The schedule is still indeed jacked up my friend. About once a month it completely changes for about a week and a half, i get about 7 hours of sleep a day but it is split in half during that time. I still get some pretty awesome workouts in. Kinda like one-and-a-half-a-days i normally go right before i go to bed, then when i wake up the second time. Hard to explain, but my legs are like freaking JELL-O right now! I killed it on the leg press, and actually did some front squats, that's been over a year for me.

I would love to try some of that stuff though man, if it does better than white flood, i might have to make a switch, and i love trying new products!

Laters

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
hitting the gym in about 4 hours, chest and tri day.
Did back and bi's yesterday, tried a new lift that had me feeling like a dead man!
Starts with a straight leg deadlift to an upright row, back down to a bent over row, then back to the ground. Did each set to failure, 5 sets total. Then did some bent over DB row and finished out with some curls, i was pretty darn tired after that workout, went heavy again and it felt really good. Can't wait to get on a scale again and see if i lost any weight. Sleep schedule sucks right now so i'm staying pretty sore. Doing a lot of running around.

Hope the chest and tri's in a little bit goes as well as yesterday, take it easy out there!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just read the supps recommended to you by Blutarski. I'll back the Cre05 up for sure! That's a great creatine product. It's a little expensive, but it's more than just a creatine. Another capped creatine product I would recommend is Trinitine. - Honestly, though, I think you could do totally fine with the bulk creatine monohydrate powder. At $8 for a kilo, you can't go wrong.

Just bought myself a 47" LG LCD, broskie! It's pretty pimp. Got one of those BluRay players that's set for Pandora/Netflix/Youtube/Blockbuster. Got the setup hooked up to my Bose wave radio. It's sweeeeeeet. :D. Now it's time to go spend a crapload on new furniture...

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work bro, that broken up sleep can make things real tough.

provb28

Awards
I myself am back on track had a acl tear that set me back ...way back! I blew up to 275
from 190 it didnt help that I have osteoarthritis in my ankle as well makes it hard to really get out there and run alot anddo tons of cardio ........ I have been hitting the weights real heavy and lost in 7 weeks 26 lbs. In the gym 5 to 6 days a week 2 hours a day calorie intake is around 2000 cal mainly lean proteins in the evenings with the most of my carbs by mid day I also eat six times a day. suppliments clenbuterxtaste like ass but it works! not too fond of the jack3d didnt really do anything for me

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
Some tips:

Drink a cup of coffee an hour before going to the gym.

Check out the Armstrong Pull up program to get them where you want them to be. It worked for myself and 81 of my Marines.
http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/AOP/OSOHyattsville/Armstrong Pullup Program.htm

And check this out purely for the motivational factor:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfsTKfUT-RQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfsTKfUT-RQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Either run or smoke yourself (quarterdeck style) every morning. (500 leg raises, 200 pushups, 500 bicycle kicks, planks, mountain climbers, core work). Run 5 days: 3mi. - 5 mi. - 1 mi.x2 - sprints - whatever, will get you there with a quickness. Also try core work mixed in with like 30 min. cardio doing bag work, speed bag, shadow boxing (hooks, upper cuts and jabs), rope, and wind sprints to really get the metabolism moving, but you have to do them 'til your arms and legs are shaking to get the most out of them.

Just some ideas to keep it fresh. Find someone else who wants to shed some fat and make it a competition.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
I guess the embed didn't fly. Youtube "hannibal for king" if you haven't see it. He does some sweet stuff on the pull up bar.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
hellz yeah guys, thanks for the tips and support, good luck in your weight loss endeavor as well provb28

I just took a little trip so my schedule was all jacked up, workout, sleep, diet, everything. i am back in the swing of things now and i recieved my latest order of supps in.

I got some White Flood, Dicreatine Malate, REDuction and some other stuff not really worth mentioning. I will start taking it all tomorrow when i wake up. Doing legs today after i get off so I must partake in the White Flood. I am still waiting to start cardio until the end of the month, not only do i want to shed a few more pounds to keep from re-injuring my foot, but i am still slowly losing the weight with just lifting and diet. I will bump up to cardio starting March 1 then i will have two whole months just to lose another 10 pounds, pretty sure i can make that happen.

Just curious...some folks around here were talking about Clenbuterol....is there any sort of recommended starting BF% before getting into something like that? any one used it? results?

FYI, i am going to do my best to log the effects of the REDuction AM/PM for the entire month i am on it. Hopefully i will be posting great news every day!

Peace

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
I just read the supps recommended to you by Blutarski. I'll back the Cre05 up for sure! That's a great creatine product. It's a little expensive, but it's more than just a creatine. Another capped creatine product I would recommend is Trinitine. - Honestly, though, I think you could do totally fine with the bulk creatine monohydrate powder. At $8 for a kilo, you can't go wrong.

Just bought myself a 47" LG LCD, broskie! It's pretty pimp. Got one of those BluRay players that's set for Pandora/Netflix/Youtube/Blockbuster. Got the setup hooked up to my Bose wave radio. It's sweeeeeeet. :D. Now it's time to go spend a crapload on new furniture...
dzzanfffffffgggg HOMEEEEESZZZZ!!!! schweet teevvvvsss set might have to visit!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clen, in my opinion, is just not worth the sides. - However, if you use it in a topical, it can work nicely. I wouldn't use a topical until yo hit about 10% BF though.

The deal with Clen is you get all the jitters of a heavy stim, and absolutely no kick in energy. You sweat, but you're tired. Your head will most likely hurt. You'll get a stuffy nose most likely...it's just pretty crappy all around. Albuterol is a better option if you wanted to go that route.

Keep in mind they're both pharmaceuticals. I doubt you'd be able to get a research chem sent to where you're at.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Clen, in my opinion, is just not worth the sides. - However, if you use it in a topical, it can work nicely. I wouldn't use a topical until yo hit about 10% BF though.

The deal with Clen is you get all the jitters of a heavy stim, and absolutely no kick in energy. You sweat, but you're tired. Your head will most likely hurt. You'll get a stuffy nose most likely...it's just pretty crappy all around. Albuterol is a better option if you wanted to go that route.

Keep in mind they're both pharmaceuticals. I doubt you'd be able to get a research chem sent to where you're at.
yeah broski, the plan was around ten, if i can do it in the time that i have, hopefully i can. thanks for the info on the Clen, just a little curious cause there were some folks over here talking about it.

So an update on everything,

Decided not to start the REDuction today, i didn't sleep at all last night. at all. Went to the gym yesterday to do Legs, there were three times the amount of regulars in there and they seemed to all be doing legs, so after one set, i decided to adapt and over come and switch to back and bi's. Started out with my normal Pull/Chin ups, after about 50 split up, i went to get back on some weights......it appeared that everyone switched from legs to back and bi's. Didn't help that there was some dood using about 4 machines at once even though the gym was freaking packed. I gave up, changing my schedule once again to accomodate and hopefully after a good nights sleep i will able to get back into the zone when i wake up.

anywho, i'll try again on legs in the morning.

LATERS

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
I got some great sleep last night!!! Decided to start doing fasted workouts in the morning and take 6 tabs of the White Flood, then 3g of Dicreatine Malate post workout. Went to the gym this morning when i woke up, did not really feel like a great workout, but i pushed out some decent sets considering i had already done part of my workout two days ago.

Straight Bar Upright Rows 3x14x80
Bent over straight bar rows 3x14x130
Back extension rack with 45lb plate 3x15
Seated DB Curls 3x14x35

Not an awesome workout, but i woke up pretty late and i was sore from the other day and didnt really want to push it. The Flood hooked me up with some great energy and a pretty decent pump, i was getting into the shower and noticed my back in the mirror, and it was ridiculous considering such a light workout.

Stepped on the scale and weighed in at 215 dressed with my shoes on, the weight continues to drop and still no cardio!!! I will be starting the cardio March 1 as promised HIIT on the treadmill and the row machine, should start to shed a little quicker when the cardio starts. I will do my lifting in the morning and cardio after work

Now for the REDuction!
I started tieh AM REDuction this morning. Some things to consider, I already took 6 tabs of White Flood and I am doing a REDuction/EY stack.

Woke at "5AM" took Pre-WO then went to the gym fasted.
"7AM" Took 25mg E, 2.5G Y, 2 AM REDuction, CLA, and Multi Vit
"740AM" Low carb Breakfast of 2 hamburger patties and some chicken strips (really all we have) Feeling full and satisfied (might be the Y though)
Now "9AM" Feeling pretty awesome! The RED had rasberry ketones in it and went down like a Flinstone Kids vitamin, now i am burping up some rasberry flavor (minor) but i like it. I do not feel stimmed out but i do have some great energy, my mind is focused, hands are steady, and my legs are bouncing as usual. I do not really feel like i will crash and Overall the energy is pretty balanced and feels great. Should have more later in the day!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Feeling great still, like the AM REDuction is still fresh in my system 8hrs later. Havent had any serious hunger today but i do seem to be eating a little less, still getting enough in my system though.

Can not wait to try the PM!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
hello there everyone,
had a great leg day this morning, just about threw up again, so i guess it was a good one. That day the gym was packed, i did some exercises, so i cut some out today and went a little heavier than normal for my high rep days, so i cut back on some reps too.
BB Front Squat 12x115, 9x165, 8x170
Leg Press 3x12x570
Seated Leg Ext 3x12x140
Laying Leg Curl 3x12x125

Took the PM REDuction last night and learned a valuable lesson, it says on the bottle take 30 minutes prior to going to sleep and they mean it! I took it and starting watching Dexter (the most awesome show ever!) after about 45 minutes i got a headache and started getting really tired. I was stupid and ended up watching 3 45 minute episodes. (DUMB!!!) When i did lay my head down though, i fell right to sleep and slept like a rock until my alarm went off. Felt well-rested, not too much energy, but i popped right out of bed and felt really awake and alert.

Feeling really good after taking my AM dose with some E and Y and a multi. Breakfast was two chicken breasts a banana and a cup of yogurt, one bottle of water. Weighed in at 214 again. Ready for 210 so i can quit the tobacco. i know i need to quit already, but it's a little stressful and i'm good at making excuses not to quit.

QUESTION!!!!!!!
I finally procured some Benadryl to clean out my Beta-2 receptors. Does anyone know if i can take it while i am on the stims, or do i need to take a break before i get to far into the bottles of REDuction and other stuff???? I am willing to take a break on the fat burners now that i have just started, but i don't want to stop halfway through. Anywho i hope for some answers soon and i appreciate all help!!!

provb28

Awards
I am using the clenbuterex which is way different from the clenbuterol .... clenbuterol is an asmatic anhibitor that raises your temperature to burn fat .... clenbuterx is a nasty ass tasting stimulant that works pretty well lots of energy and aggression for the gym.
Good luck with your gains and Stay safe over there............. Thanks for all you do!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support!

Rest day...Legs are killing me, went super deep on those squats...
PM REDuction was awesome last night, slept like a baby and woke up feeling awake and ready even after about 5 hours.

Feeling well over all, no hugely noticeable results from the RED yet, but my body seems to be tightening up again which is nice. 200 HERE I COME!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
did shoulders today, arm popped out of socket, but it is feeling a lot better now that i have been moving around all day. weighed in at a solid 213! I hope this weight keeps falling off like this!
Effects of the AM REDuction are less noticable, but i still have plenty of energy throughout the day, and i am still losing weight, even after only three days!!!
Slept like a baby last night with the PM and i am still feeling well rested after averaging about 5-6 hrs of sleep per night.

Hope to come in next time and report some more weight loss, maybe......210???

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
Clen isn't a do all end all anyway. It only helps me when I'm doing 5 days of cardio and eating right regardless; and two 2-week cycles while cutting makes the difference between 11-13% opposed to 13-15% BF (from 20%). There are definitely sides too. Do the research and if you can handle REALLY high blood pressure, spasms, night sweats, insomnia everyday jitteryness and basically acting like a tweeker like it's cool, then go for it. It's a lot to handle though, I haven't even mentioned the dehydration, chapped lips, pissing like every 5 minutes. It gets old, but if you want to cut fat quick it certainly helps.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Clen isn't a do all end all anyway. It only helps me when I'm doing 5 days of cardio and eating right regardless; and two 2-week cycles while cutting makes the difference between 11-13% opposed to 13-15% BF (from 20%). There are definitely sides too. Do the research and if you can handle REALLY high blood pressure, spasms, night sweats, insomnia everyday jitteryness and basically acting like a tweeker like it's cool, then go for it. It's a lot to handle though, I haven't even mentioned the dehydration, chapped lips, pissing like every 5 minutes. It gets old, but if you want to cut fat quick it certainly helps.
awesome input man! I will be staying away from that crap! Does the Albuterol have the same effects?

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
I haven't tried it, but I've heard it's less harsh and provides similar effects. Here's a link to a pretty good article on fat loss: http://search.ebscohost.com.proxy114.nclive.org/login.aspx?direct=true&db=f5h&AN=9024181&site=ehost-live

It's all pretty common sense stuff, but you might get something out of it. Of course I gained 4-5 lbs. of fat from 5 days in the Bahamas ending yesterday, so me giving you diet advice is pretty funny.:icon_lol: Although, I know were it came from, I'm guessing the 40+ mixed drinks, double desserts every night and an overall lack of sleep. I have to go big at least once a year, excluding last week I doubt I'd had more than 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks since June. Go big or go home! Next week I begin a 6-week cutting cycle which should leave me around 14% BF @ 212 lbs. Then off to the races on another fun-filled mass/strength cycle. The only thing I change for the cutting cycle is adding 2 extra days of cardio to 5x a week, and I cut around 4,000 calories/ week by halving my protein shakes (from 2 scoops to 1, or 70g protein to 35g). I keep everything else constant and try not to indulge in too many sweets. I don't get too strict man, I like food too much.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
i tried the link to no avail my friend!

I'm sure you will be able to cut down pretty quickly, it always seems for me that the short weeks where i go crazy and put on a lot of weight, i am able to recover more quickly than when i go crazy for a while (respectively)

Are you going to log your cut or anything like that?

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Had an amazing back and bi day yesterday and diet was super solid!

Pull/Chin ups 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 3
Upright BB row 95x12x3
Bar Row 85x12x3
Back ext 45, 60, 70x12
DB Rows 65, 80, 85x12
Seated DB Curls 35x12, 30x12, 30x12
Seated Hammer Curls 30x12x2
Cable Bar Reverse curls 70x10, 100x8x2

Then i did some sort of variation of laying Ring Rows, numbers aren't even worth posting because i only got like 4 each time i tried.

AM REDuction is still making me feel really calm and relaxed. I really like the effects of it because i don't feel super jittery, just like i have plenty of energy and very calm.

PM Last night i had some amazing sleep, i only woke up once because our heat shut off and so did my heating blanket and i could see my breath inside my hut, so i got up went to the bathroom, turned the heat back on and fell right back asleep. I really enjoy being able to fall asleep as soon as i put my head on the pillow. Sleeping like rock but still energetic when i wake up.

Cardio starts on the 1st of course. I plan on starting easy with the running and incorporating the row machine on non running days. Here is the plan:
Day 1 Cardio: 30 minute fast/medium pace jog post wo
Day 2 Row Machine 30 minutes post wo
Day 3 HIIT 5 min Warmup, 30 sec sprint/1 min Jog for 12 min, 4 min Jog, 30sec/1min for 6 minutes, then cool down
Day 4 Rest Repeat until April 1

My next round of supps is on its way for my last month:
BCAA's
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Anabolic Edge
EVISCERATE!!!!!!!!!!! (I should most likely be down to around 11 or 12% BF by April 1 so I should see some really nice results with the Eviscerate

Let me know what you guys think about the cardio!

Laters

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
The cardio looks good man. I've found that varying the distance and intensity eventually makes all distances and intensities easier. For example, after a 7 mi. run on Wednesday, 2 miles on Thursday or Friday feels like a sprint. And after doing a 4 or 5 miler on week 1, 6 or 7 doesn't seem so tough on week 2 or 3. Looks good bro. I stay up to date on my blog, so we'll see how it goes over the next 4-6 weeks. I know what you mean about losing the fat you gain over a binge weekend, I have no doubt I'll shave it off over the next week, it'll be the other 10 I'm trying to lose that will be hard-fought victories.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
i'll def have to switch it up like that, i jumped on the treadmill for about 5 minutes post workout yesterday, i put the incline all the way up and ran for 3 minutes, then jogged for 2 minutes, my new running shoes felt pretty good.

did some chest and tri's yesterday started new exercises for the month so it took quite a while
3x10 Dips
Inc Bench Press 3x10x135 (Felt so weird! DB are better!)
Flat Bench 3x10x155 (Also felt weird)
Downward Cable Flys 3x10x30
Upward Cable Fly 3x10x20
Bench Dips 10x60lbs, 10x50lbs, 10x25lbs
Overhead Cable Tri Ext 3x10x75

Weighed in at 211 this morning, and then i took a big dump, so i might be even less! I'm switching up the w/o to rest days. I will now be going 4 on 1 off. I will be doing mostly sets of 10 for every exercise now and get ready for the last month of 8,8,6/8,6,6 to gain a little mass before going home. One more pound til the tobacco is gone! I'm hoping that it helps me cut faster. in the past, quitting has made me gain weight, but i'm sure that the proactive effort will work in my favor this time.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
Quitting tobacco is a bitch, it's never easy. My best advice is to channel the rage into your workouts and runs. Also, quitting tobacco doesn't make you gain weight in itself, you or I, gain weight when we consume more calories than we burn. 3,500 cal. = 1 lb. If you control your cravings you'll be fine. Chew gum. Eat sunflower seeds. It's not as bad after the first week. I could write a whole article on quitting smoking, man, it sucks.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
True that! I've quit about 9 times before, but like i have always said, "this time it is for good!" The only difference is that i am making a lot of other changes that make it neccessary for this to be the last time that i quit.

I got on the scale this morning...different scale....213 with a huge poop in my system and a heavy hoodie, so i'm thinking that i might have made it to 210.5, but i am waiting until tomorrow to be sure.

Had an awesome leg day yesterday, i caught a second wind as soon as i was done though and decided to run, 3 min warm-up then 22 minutes of Fartlek HIIT

Legs:
Front squats 10x155, 8x185, 6x185
Box Steps on 24" Box 12x40lb DB's, 12x55lb DB'sx2
Leg Ext 10x145, 10x160, 10x175
Leg Curl 10x145, 10x160, 10x175
I did a few rounds of calf-raises on different machines, but i was sweating bullets on this workout! I only stopped the run because i knew how sore i would be the next day! I think i will be doing the row machine next rather than running for a couple of days until i get into a better schedule for the cardo!

Had really crummy energy yesterday, the AM REDuction didn't seem to have the same effect on my mood, but i didn't feel like passing out like when i normally have a carb up day. Prolly cause i slept like crap yesterday!

Last night though i slept very well, Probably thanks to the PM. I had a lot on my mind and all the stresses of the day and a little hiccup with the woman melted away as i laid my head on my pillow for the night
Today is a well-earned rest day!

Hope all is well out there!

Thanks for reading

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
good rest day yesterday...back in the gym today for some shoulders. Still pretty sore, but in good news....
The PM worked fantastically last night, i actually had 8 hrs to sleep last night and only woke up once due to someone slamming the crap out of our hut door. Fell right back asleep though and had a very restful night. Diet has been pretty solid today, food selection has started to get worse, but i'm making it.

Hopefully i have some good updates tomorrow!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Burnt out some shoulders yesterday, did 10x8x8 for every exercise
Seated Lateral DB raise 25, 30, 30
Front DB Raise 30, 35, 35
Front Plate raise 45, 45, 45
Arnold Press 25, 30, 35
Cable Deltoid Raises 35, 35, 40
Shruggs 185, 225, 225

Finished out with 10 minutes on the Row Machine, 10 mins Fartlek Running, 15 mins on the bike. I weighed in this morning at 211 with a t-shirt and some running shorts on, so i might just be at 210.....there isn't really anywhere to weigh in naked around here. HA! Anywho, once the scale says 210 with me dressed, the remaining tobacco is in the trash!

REDuction:
AM: Don't know if it was because yesterday was my carb up day or what but i felt very sluggish, not really tired, but i felt like i was having trouble making my body keep up with my mind.

PM: Slept great last night, had no trouble falling asleep after working out and popping 6 tabs of white flood.

I can't wait for the Anadraulic State GT to come out! Ready to see what i can really do with something as serious as that.

Things have been going very well over here, i just can't wait to get home and go fishing again, and be able to run on the beach. I'm trying to talk the Fiancee into us getting some kayaks and mountain bikes so that we can do more outdoor stuff together when i get home. Hope all is well in your world!

Laters

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, I'm back. Missed a day of updates so now it is time to update!
Back and Bi's Day before yesterday:
Weighted Pull/Chin ups 10,8,8x25lbs
Deadlifts 10x185, 8x255, 8x255
Upright Rows 3x10x90
DB Rows 10x65,8x80, 8x95
Bent over Rows 10x135, 8x135, 8x135
Seated DB Curls 10x30, 8x35, 8x40
Hammer curls 10x35, 8x40
Cable Bar Curls 10x120, 8x130x 6x150

Sweet Cardio Session:
10 min Fartlek Lvl 10 on the row machine
15 min 30sec/1min Interval Sprints on treadmill
10 min on stationary bike, increase 2 lvls every minute starting at 6 maintaining RPMs
REDuction was good to me as always.

Yesterday I did some chest and tri's
Weighted Dips 10,8,8x25
Inc Bench 10,8,8x135
Flat Bench 10x135, 2x8x155
Upward Cable Flys 10x40, 8x50, 8x60
Downward Cable Flys 10x50, 8x60, 8x70
Weighted Bench Dips 10x70, 8x70, 6x70
Tricep Rope Pulldown 10x120, 8x130, 6x150

Cardio:
15 min Fartlek on treadmill
10 min 30sec/1min HIIT on row machine

I weighed in this morning at 210.25 Dressed. Getting pretty psyched about 200! I should be able to make it by the end of the month. My diet has been pretty crummy the past couple of days, but i'm still doing well on the weight loss. I gave up the dip today, but i've had a couple of cigarettes. Tomorrow should be a lot better as long as i can get through one day without dip. I could do without cigarettes so it won't be hard to quit those in a day or two.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
I got on the scale this morning...different scale....213 with a huge poop in my system and a heavy hoodie, so i'm thinking that i might have made it to 210.5, but i am waiting until tomorrow to be sure.
LMAO, now THAT's some friggin' motivation man.

I see you reached your goal brother, big congrats. I just started running today since it's been snowing here lately. I plan on working my way back down to 210 here soon too. Awesome job brother!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot man!! Now it's time to get to my fighting weight! 195, with a pit stop at 200 hopefully 200 by the end of this month though. I know you'll get down there quick broski!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Hello all,
Haven't had too much time lately to post updates, but i'm currently stuck at 208, i think it is a mental thing with my diet, i've started thinking that since i've hit one goal i can go crazy. Finally got it back in check today and i started to drink a protein shake approx 1 hr before my workout (Bedtime is about an hour after a one hour workout) instead of eating hard foods. I'm pretty sure that it will help out.

Had an awesome back day yesterday, did 345lb on deadlift last set, and 115lb db rows for my last set. I love back days.

I've changed my routine to sets of 8, 6, 4 for this week and the next, hopefully that will burn some more cals than what i have been doing. Added about two exercises per day since i cut down on the reps and i am sore as crap! Anywho, more updates later!

Don't Let your Meat Loaf.

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Had a pretty good back and bi day yesterday. I will be going to 8,6,6,4 for sets this week only then back to higher rep sets after that.

Started out with 5 sets of Pull/Chin ups to equal 60 total
Deadlifts 8x225, 6x255, 6x295, 4x315
DB rows 8x90, 6x90, 6x95, 4x100
Bent over Barbell rows 8x115, 6x135, 6x145, 4x155

Seated DB Curls 8x35, 6x45, 6x50, 4x55
Hammer DB Curls 8x40, 6x45, 6x45
Cable Bar Curls 8x120, 6x140, 6x150, 4x160

Finished out with some 3x10 Medicine Ball toss Decline Sit-Ups
3x10 Weighted Leg Raises
3x10 Cable Pull Down "Sit-Ups" between 150lbs and 190lbs
3x10 Laying toe touches

I really have no idea what i am doing when it comes to abs because i have never really done anything other than butterfly kicks and sit-ups. Any suggestions are welcome!

Have a wonderful day

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Okkkk, it has definitely been a while since i last checked in, but a lot of things have changed! My supps are different and are about to be different again, i've changed the workouts, schedule, diet, and just about everything.

Here are the new supps: (Let me know if i'm messing up)
REDuction (One day left! I'll post results in a day or two)
E and Y (I'm stopping after the RED runs out)

ADDED:
Inhibit-E (50mg ED)
Liver Assist XT (2 pills a day)
Fish oil (20G per day for two weeks)
Super Cissus RX (9 caps per day for two weeks0
Anabolic Edge (4 srvngs per day)
Glutamine (Supplementing 10G per day)

Pre W/O:
White Flood (8 tabs)
Dicreatine Malate (3g intra w/o, 3 post w/o)
BCAA's (15g intra w/o)
ATP Tabs (2 pre w/o)
Ocassionally i'll top it off with 1 tab of E-911

For the past two weeks, i was doing sets of 8,6,4 and 8,6,6,4 and now i am going to a 4x10 (10 warm-up reps and then 3x10 same weight or within 10-15 lbs)

Back and Bi's (DAY 1)

Pull/Chin-ups, Deadlifts, DB Rows, bent over rows, Back extension, Seated DB Curls, Hammer curls, straight bar cable curls

Chest and Tri's (DAY 2)
Inc Bench, Flat Bench, Inc DB Press, DB Fly, Inc DB Fly, Tri Pulldowns (rope, straight bar, and reverse grip)

Legs (DAY 3)
Box Steps, Leg Press, Lunges, Leg ext, leg curl, calf raises

Shoulders (DAY 4)
Arnold Press, Side Lat DB raise, Front Lat DB raise, Upright row, Upward across chest cable pulls (i have no idea what to call this) and one other that i can't remember for the life of me.

DAY 5 is a rest day
I run 2 days and do abs 2 days each out of the 5 day cycle with one rest day in the cycle.

I've been ingesting more carbs per day for the last week. I will continue to do so until the REDuction runs out. I will then be dosing 50mg of Benadryl every night for one week to reset my Beta-2's. After that is complete, i will start the Eviscerate and Coleus Forksholi (sp?) I will also up the running and abs once i start the new supps. I'm hoping to see great results in April (It's my last month deployed!!!!!) Then i can go home and not be self concious when i'm out on the boat or anywhere shirtless!

Hope all is well out there!

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Had an awesome shoulder day yesterday, did everything i said that i was going to on the plan i posted the other day. Pretty sore. Finished out the w/o with 30 minutes on the bike on hill mode and felt pretty good. I think that the weight is starting to come off again but very slowly. Ever since i started the Inhibit-E I have noticed some tightening all around, i don't know if it is from the upgraded cardio, ab workouts, or supps but i'm enjoying waking up and having a "flat stomach" and being able to see the outline of some upper abdominal muscles.

I decided to somewhat do what IrishCannon did with the fish oil, but i will be doing 25g per day until i get Flax seed oil (i'm not digging the fish flavored burps) and i will continue to do 20-25g per day.

This morning i took my last AM dose of the REDuction (i bumped it up to 3 tabs in the AM and 3 in the PM). Tonight i will be taking my last PM dose, the day after tomorrow i will do a BF% measurement and overall body weight to see what the results are like. I stuck true to my diet the best that i possibly could about 90% of the time considering the quality of food here. I'm sure that helped out a lot more than the supps no matter what i was taking. I'm liking the visual results that i have been seeing, but i know that a day or two before i started i was around 17% BF and weighed in at around 218lbs??? I'll have to go back and check the log. I'm hoping for around 14% BF and about 208lbs or less.

I will be starting the Benadryl tomorrow night 50mg every night for 7 nights. Then I'll start 300mg Forskolin per day (work up to 500mg per day) and add in the Eviscerate!!! I will probably start running outside as well, i think i have a partner who will enjoy it. i've also got some bulk Arginine AKG and some Beta Alinine on the way for the last month of working out.

Can't wait to post some results!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Hey mate, great job on the loss :D Keep at it!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good talking to you on FB today, bud. Glad you're heading home safely. Cheers.