35lbs of Fat Loss w. Before/After pics

ana420

ana420

Awards
Maybe this will help motivate or inspire someone to do what I did.

I started off at 185lbs slowly moved down from 2800 calories to 2300 and eventually ending at 1800 as I lost weight. I ate 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% fats. Meals every 2 and a half hours. Cheat meals like a subway veggie delight and diet pepsi once a week. I took fish oil capsules, a multi, and zinc.

Routine was
monday: legs
tuesday: shoulders
wednesday: back/bis
thursday: abs
friday: chest/tris

I didn't do any manipulation of weight or volume during the 12 total weeks so I probably could have improved on my routine.

and 20 minutes of moderate intensity cardio every day of the week.
I kept an online journal with pictures of my progress at the website you see in the pictures. Ending weight was 150lbs. I'm 5'9".

Attachments

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Gj man ...your cheat meals though haha, not a cheat to me. You have very good self control!

I

imjustgroovin

Awards
wow nice job. This is what I was planning on doing. Im about right where you started off at too.

B

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
good work bro.... time to pack on sum hardcore muscle now

C

CyberGlitch

Awards
Great job and gives me something to look forward to. I started out with your stats as well, 5'10" and 190lbs. Currently down to 160lbs and I can start to see the abs poking through.

ana420

ana420

Awards
Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

yeah I feel like my journey's just begun, now that I've got diet mastered I gotta focus on training.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Very nice transformation. I wish I had your will when it came to the diet.

O

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Great job. A simple plan: Eat less, get after it 5 days a week. Kudos.

W

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Very impressive results and nice to see that you were able to diet without a myriad of fat burners/PHs/supps that most people (myself included) tend to use to limit the use of will power.

X

xink

Awards
  • Established
Good job man!

Crazy... So you're telling me, that to drop weight and put on muscle, the secret is to exercise regularly and eat properly? Who would have thunk it??? ;)

I actually went through a similar journey about 5 years ago using the same 'secrets' with no supps, etc.

X

L

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
GREAT WORK, actually pretty amazing. I am 47 years old with a lot og good muscle packed on. My problem is even though I eat clean, my appetite & portions have increased over time to feed these muscles. Now, if I stop training for 2-3 months, I get FAT! I have to go in for a hernia surgery on FEB 21 and the dock wants me to lose 10 pounds on a restricted diet. I hate feeling hungry. Are there foods you recommend to satify that hunger feeling or this part of it and I must get used to it. I have never had to lose weight or diet to lose in my life. Help much appreciated! This morning I had one poached egg, 2 slices of melba toast with a pat of peanut butter ( only 1 is recommended). Lunch & dinner is supposed to be 4 onzes of a lean meat, one apple/grapefruit, veggies. I'm eating like a bird! Lucky

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
AMAZING... That gives me a lot of motivation, I am on my first day of a cut, trying to get down about 20lbs in 6 weeks...

heavypieces

heavypieces

Awards
Very nice transformation!! I might have missed this in your original post--How long did it take?

HP

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats awesome, i agree your cheat meal is a healthy meal for me minus the diet soda, i lost 40lbs one time but didn't have the muscle behind it to look that good, thats nice

B

bpchampion

Awards
was your cardio pre or post workout? fasted or not?

ana420

ana420

Awards
Very impressive results and nice to see that you were able to diet without a myriad of fat burners/PHs/supps that most people (myself included) tend to use to limit the use of will power.
Thanks that actually means alot hah. I got a bottle of epistane actually sitting on my desk I told myself I wouldn't use it and if I was actually serious about what I'm doing I'd be able to get through losing fat first without it and then use it later. But getting this far without it has pushed myself to see what I can do naturally first.

was your cardio pre or post workout? fasted or not?
I tried cardio before breakfast for 2 days but I'm really not a morning person so I couldn't keep it up. I just experimented, I did cardio pre workout in the beginning and then tried post workout and just prefered it post workout.

GREAT WORK, actually pretty amazing. I am 47 years old with a lot og good muscle packed on. My problem is even though I eat clean, my appetite & portions have increased over time to feed these muscles. Now, if I stop training for 2-3 months, I get FAT! I have to go in for a hernia surgery on FEB 21 and the dock wants me to lose 10 pounds on a restricted diet. I hate feeling hungry. Are there foods you recommend to satify that hunger feeling or this part of it and I must get used to it. I have never had to lose weight or diet to lose in my life. Help much appreciated! This morning I had one poached egg, 2 slices of melba toast with a pat of peanut butter ( only 1 is recommended). Lunch & dinner is supposed to be 4 onzes of a lean meat, one apple/grapefruit, veggies. I'm eating like a bird! Lucky
Yeah I really wish I could eat clean and not get fat from eating 3500 calories a day. I'd eat a half jar of peanut butter a day.

To feel less hungry I'd just cut out any protein shakes you use and replace them with something solid and honestly I find peanut butter makes me feel hungrier. A whole egg or some olives do a better job keeping me fuller. Try to find vegetables like broccoli or cabbage with only 15 calories a cup allowing you to eat more versus corn which has 60 in a half cup.

Keep it up though, and you will have to get use to the feeling of counting the minutes until your next meal haha. Just go to bed earlier, then breakfast comes sooner.

Yep, 12 weeks.

C

CyberGlitch

Awards
Keep it up though, and you will have to get use to the feeling of counting the minutes until your next meal haha. Just go to bed earlier, then breakfast comes sooner.
This right here is a good little tip. I've noticed myself doing this more and more over the weeks. Do I want to stay up for another hour and watch whatever on TV? I'll be even more hungry and want to snack on something. Or just go to bed, skip the snacking and get a good breakfast in the morning.

Now if I could just sleep inbetween all my meals I could do a huge cut! :lol:

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
excellent job, I needed that for some motivation. I just finished 4 weeks into my recomp and have lost 12 lbs. I was starting to lose focus but your thread lit the fire back under me.

O

orangerain

Awards
Very motivating! :) I've been trying to lose weight for months and you did it all in 12 weeks. I need more will power!

A

Antonek

Awards
could you please post sample of your diet?
how many meals do you eat

anyway, great job!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Great job, man! Seriously, I hope you are proud of yourself. Now that you've shed the fat, you can concentrate on putting on clean bulk. Your dedication shows, good luck in the future.

ana420

ana420

Awards
yeah CLEAN bulk. I'm not 100% sure how to go about it, should I stick with like
a 45%carb/30%pro/25%fat macronutrient ratio and just eat until I'm content? I've been watching some pro videos and it seems like all they eat is high protein low carbs and really low fat with some high carb days once or twice a week. what's with that?

ana420

ana420

Awards
My diets on the website in my sig. 6-8 meals with 3 or 4 of them being larger ones and the others jsut snack to keep me going.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great job man. As far a diet goes I'd stick with the same diet you have been on macro wise but up the calories (500 a day for first week, 250 each subsequent week until you feel like you are starting to spill over into fat gain). You could also try something slightly different as far as your meal frequency (like doing 2 large meals for a week just to give your system a shock). Honestly, with your willpower (veggie sub as a cheat!!) you can do almost anything. Lastly, at your age stay as natural as long as you can, plus girls like the cut look alot more than the muscled up look!!!

ana420

ana420

Awards
Thanks. I'm up to about 2500-2600 calories a day, I never feel hungry and I dont feel like I just ate out at a buffet, so I think I'll stick around here for a bit and see how it works.

all my lifts are up 5lbs in the last week or so too =)