Tighten Skin???

1. Tighten Skin???

Is there anyway to try and tighten skin after you have lost a good amount of weight??? My friend has lost about 50 lbs. but the bad thing is that he has a lot of extra skin... so is there any way other than any surgical options he may pursue???

2. Welcome to my nightmare!

RPN has a product called FLAWLESS, which is worth checking out.
    The Official AnabolicMinds Supplement Store

3. i've heard vitamin e - break open a tablet and put it on stretch marks and i heard cellex-c works but i've never used it.

a family member of mine had gastric bypass surgery and lost almost 100lbs. and for a good 6 months had a ton of extra skin. After the 6, maybe 9 months tho the skin elasticized back into place. If he lost those 50 lbs. quickly he probably just needs to give it time. If his weight is stable for a year and he still sees skin, etc., then surgery might be needed.
    Back.... for real this time
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    i've heard vitamin e - break open a tablet and put it on stretch marks and i heard cellex-c works but i've never used it.

a family member of mine had gastric bypass surgery and lost almost 100lbs. and for a good 6 months had a ton of extra skin. After the 6, maybe 9 months tho the skin elasticized back into place. If he lost those 50 lbs. quickly he probably just needs to give it time. If his weight is stable for a year and he still sees skin, etc., then surgery might be needed.
    wow I never heard of that, that is good to know though. I was really afraid if I loose weight too fast ill have the left over skin and I would need surgery to remove it.

Nice to hear it will naturally shrink back and tighten itself
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

5. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    wow I never heard of that, that is good to know though. I was really afraid if I loose weight too fast ill have the left over skin and I would need surgery to remove it.

For some, a little time and patients is all that is needed. For others like myself, it never happens.

I went from 45% BF down to 10%.

6. I'm not sure, but I think lifting weights can help in toning.

7. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

I should qualify my prior statement - he was told he was one of the lucky ones. Sometimes it can elasticize back sometimes it never does. I guess genetics play a large role.
    Back.... for real this time

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to Tighten Stomach?
    By tripwired in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
  2. Lets TIGHTEN some skin up with THIEMUCASE(SPONSORED)!
    By luelinks in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 09:41 AM
  3. tighten skin
    By sakes in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 04:30 AM
  4. Tighten my CORE!
    By hawks31 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
  5. Replies: 4