Tighten Skin???

chris808costa

chris808costa

Awards
Is there anyway to try and tighten skin after you have lost a good amount of weight??? My friend has lost about 50 lbs. but the bad thing is that he has a lot of extra skin... so is there any way other than any surgical options he may pursue???

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i've heard vitamin e - break open a tablet and put it on stretch marks and i heard cellex-c works but i've never used it.

a family member of mine had gastric bypass surgery and lost almost 100lbs. and for a good 6 months had a ton of extra skin. After the 6, maybe 9 months tho the skin elasticized back into place. If he lost those 50 lbs. quickly he probably just needs to give it time. If his weight is stable for a year and he still sees skin, etc., then surgery might be needed.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've heard vitamin e - break open a tablet and put it on stretch marks and i heard cellex-c works but i've never used it.

a family member of mine had gastric bypass surgery and lost almost 100lbs. and for a good 6 months had a ton of extra skin. After the 6, maybe 9 months tho the skin elasticized back into place. If he lost those 50 lbs. quickly he probably just needs to give it time. If his weight is stable for a year and he still sees skin, etc., then surgery might be needed.
wow I never heard of that, that is good to know though. I was really afraid if I loose weight too fast ill have the left over skin and I would need surgery to remove it.

Nice to hear it will naturally shrink back and tighten itself

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
wow I never heard of that, that is good to know though. I was really afraid if I loose weight too fast ill have the left over skin and I would need surgery to remove it.

For some, a little time and patients is all that is needed. For others like myself, it never happens.

I went from 45% BF down to 10%.

orangerain

Awards
I'm not sure, but I think lifting weights can help in toning.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established

I should qualify my prior statement - he was told he was one of the lucky ones. Sometimes it can elasticize back sometimes it never does. I guess genetics play a large role.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 34
Evomuse 5
JeremyNG25 Evomuse 21
Weight Loss 10
Nis1 Pics 3