Beef Jerky

Inzah Dude

Awards
Well I got deer jerky but its basically the same thing. I know jerky causes you to hold water right? Will like 2 slices a day be enough to make u hold water?? The slices im talking about are like 1-1.5 inches across and like 6 inches long.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
The jerky itself wont make you hold water its the sodium content in it that causes the water retention. If its low sodium, have at it, jerky is a great bulking and even cutting item.

Inzah Dude

Awards
Well, we just got it made out of the deer we got in deer hunting season at the meat market thing. Its fairly spicy and everything so I doubt its low in sodium? If its not low in sodium would a couple slices a day cause you to hold water?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well, we just got it made out of the deer we got in deer hunting season at the meat market thing. Its fairly spicy and everything so I doubt its low in sodium? If its not low in sodium would a couple slices a day cause you to hold water?

It could....probably not a significant amount, but then again this a random guess since I can sample or see the slices....you could send me some :D

Inzah Dude

Awards

It could....probably not a significant amount, but then again this a random guess since I can sample or see the slices....you could send me some :D
Haha, well you got any tips on how to tell if its high in sodium or anything?

Inzah Dude

Awards
Alright. Well yesterday i ate somewhere around like 2500 calories. For the last few days I did. And I did some cardio twice. Not very much tho. Like 20 min at fairly low intensity. And lifted once. I wiehged 184. I have been drinking lots of water. Then, I woke up this morning and weighed 189. So I thouht maybe I was just bloated or something and thought maybe the jerky caused it. What you think?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Certainly a possibility. Not sure what else you ate...anything else high in sodium? Or maybe your scale is just jumpy (like most everyone's is) 'cause 5lbs, of even water, is kind of a significant increase.....

Inzah Dude

Awards
Well I don't know if what else I ate was high in sodium or not. You got a website or anythign that tells you? I ate stuff like pb, wheat bread, eggs, had about 3 cheeseburgers (haha, i had to cuz thats all the cafeteria had but they cant be that bad. i mean they shoudl have lots of protien and everything. Whats so bad about them other then the fat?), sausage, spaghettie, and honey. I didn't have all this in one day but it changed from day to day but thats pretty much what Ive ate. Any of that high in sodium?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
****, you probably just gained 5lbs of fat. 3 cheeseburgers and and sausage.....oh lord. Sausage is high in sodium.

Inzah Dude

Awards
Oh ****. Haha. Even if a cheeseburger is high in fat, if I eat below maintanence how can I gain 5 pounds of fat? So, with the jerky and the sausage, you think its likely just water weight?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Oh ****. Haha. Even if a cheeseburger is high in fat, if I eat below maintanence how can I gain 5 pounds of fat?
Thats a whole other story my friend....

So, with the jerky and the sausage, you think its likely just water weight?
Ha...you'd better hope its just water weight....

Inzah Dude

Awards
So it could have been fat? Can you explain this please?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
So it could have been fat? Can you explain this please?

Probably not fat, if you're eating below your maintainence (although I still would limit saturated fats) but remember fat contains 9 calories per gram and all saturated fats are difficult to break down and digest, so if you're cutting your body will have to lose this fat before it goes after your basal fat sources...remember that....

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Well I like you, so maybe your right.

:eek:

You're a good guy then, I figured after I served you your ass on a platter you might not like me, I appreciate it Bobo... :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You're a good guy then, I figured after I served you your ass on a platter you might not like me, I appreciate it Bobo... :D
Still upset about being smoked YJ....You have to let it go....

I always like the fellows I embarass. I feel sorry for them :D

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Still upset about being smoked YJ....You have to let it go....

I always like the fellows I embarass. I feel sorry for them :D
And I feel sorry for those who have no credibility.... if you ever need anything, I can pay pal you a few dollars....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

And I feel sorry for those who have no credibility.... if you ever need anything, I can pay pal you a few dollars....
And I feel sorry for those who are dillusional. You really need to let it go. I'm sorry you lost....but it happens. And we won't discuss the people who agreed with me......

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

And I feel sorry for those who are dillusional. You really need to let it go. I'm sorry you lost....but it happens. And we won't discuss the people who agreed with me......
Yea, its hard to discuss people who dont exist ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found your new avatar

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL

Ok I give you props for that one! I laughed out loud

Off to workout

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
If you are consuming a really high sodium diet, try taking extra Potassium, it will balance water retention as they work together to pump fluid in and out of the cell (my laymen expanation), as well as drink more water. I love deer jerky myself BTW.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Are you speaking of Na and K leak channels moving across the cell membrane?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Are you speaking of Na and K leak channels moving across the cell membrane?
Umm, yep that would be it I think :D

Inzah Dude

Awards
If you are consuming a really high sodium diet, try taking extra Potassium, it will balance water retention as they work together to pump fluid in and out of the cell (my laymen expanation), as well as drink more water. I love deer jerky myself BTW.
Alright, what are some foods with potassium?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Alright, what are some foods with potassium?
as jweave brushed upon, a high intake of ptassium is important to the nervous system, muscle funtion, fluid balance and kindey funcitons. Hypokalemia could also be a result of low potassium intake (fatigue, heart ireregularities)Insufficient potassium could also exaggerate effects of solidum, cuz potassium is an electrolyte (mineral salt). high foods include: avocado, lima beans,milk, spinach, tomatoes, OJ, cantaloupe (or really any melons), frutis YJ mentioned, and most if not all meat and fish.....all beneficial for athletes who lose heavy amounts of fluid.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
If need be Inzah, get some potassium caps, they're incredibly cheap at any local store.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Too much potassium can cause cramps just as too little potassium can cause cramps, so dont over do it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

DarCSA

Awards
Does keto make beef jerky? Or do you use it at all? And where is that avatar I am still waiting to see it. ;)

Inzah Dude

Awards
Well, I'm trying to lose weight. And, I know some will be water weight so will 1 banana or other piece of fruit a day be good to keep me from holding water and still be good for losing fat?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well, I'm trying to lose weight. And, I know some will be water weight so will 1 banana or other piece of fruit a day be good to keep me from holding water and still be good for losing fat?
Eat them early in the day, before cardio and maybe half right after cardio and you'll be fine.