Time for a Transformation!

Aitkenn

Awards
My friend, Lee, who is a personal trainer down here in Tampa bay, Florida decided it would be a good idea to use me as a marketing tool. I'm 6'3" and I just hopped on the scale. 266 lbs - 26.9% bf. Not good, I've definitely been better. College + broke foot + stress,
Anyhow, We dont know the exact time limit on it yet, but I will definitely be posting pics, weigh ins, measurements, etc.
I will be use BuyBulkWhey Protein 3 times a day. I have my nutrition guide typed, but not on this computer, so I will edit the post.
No camera at the time either, so that sucks too. Lee has a camcorder, so we'll use that for now.

Tomorrow I will be adding all my measurements to the forum. I will post weekly or sometimes more, updates of my progress. I will post my workout routine, what im taking, what im eating, everything. I recently got laid off.. so unemployment + school here I go. Smiley

Anyhow, I'll post some pictures of me in my better days? lol.

Aitkenn

Awards
Well, can't put up pics, oh well. I used to weigh 235. I'm currently 266. So yeah. New (ugly) pics coming soon, and weekly updates of my changes. Strict 1900 calorie diet. 50% protein, 30% carbs 20% fats. Will post soon. Workout routine will vary, but I will try my best to remember. :)

c1.ac-images.myspacecdnDOTcom/images02/107/l_3e8a62d7e85d4616ad13a767c6f95690.jpg

Aitkenn

Awards
1/04/2010 - 266 lbs 26.9% bf (according to my scale - not the most accurate)

Measurements are as follows. Man these made me feel fat.
neck- 18"
shoulders-56"
chest-50"
hips-ass-49"
waist-belly button 47"
biceps-16.5"
forearm-13.75'
thighs-29"
calf-17"

My training will be high reps - trying to get to slow twitch fibers to help burn off the fat, then when I feel lean enough and/or Lee, we will begin Strength training/power. Not sure which. Anyway, In an hour or so, i'll be off to do the gym to do some cardio, maybe HIIT :]

Jesse’s Meal Plan

Estimated:
125 Grams of Carbs Daily – 500 Calories 27%
230 Grams of Protein- 920 Calories 51 %
43 Grams of Fat – 387 Calories 21.4 %

1807 Calories

6 Meals a Day

7:00 AM – Breakfast (Carb Containing Meal) Fat: 13G Carbs:41G Protein: 37G
2 Eggs –9 G Fat 0 Carbs 12 G Protein
1 Protein Shake– 2G Fat 6 Carbs 20 Protein
Banana –1G Fat 27 Carbs 1g Protein
Whole wheat Slice- 1G Fat 8G Carbs 4g Protein

10:00 AM – Morning Snack (Carb Containing Meal) Fat: 8g Carbs: 51 Protein: 30g
Oatmeal 1 Cup – 6G Fat 46 Carbs – 10 Protein

1:00 PM – Lunch (Last Carb Containing Meal) Fat: 5G Carbs: 35g Protein 60g
4 Whole Wheat Slices – 4g Fat 32G Carbs 16g Protein
1/3 of Tuna w Yogurt – 1g Fat 3G Carbs 44g Protein

4:00 PM Afternoon Snack Fat:16G Carbs: 9g Protein: 27g
1 0z Peanuts – 14G Fat 3g Carbs 7g Protein

7:00 PM – Dinner
1/3 of Tuna w Yogurt – 1g Fat 3G Carbs 44g Protein

10:00 PM – Bed Snack
1/3 of Tuna w Yogurt – 1G Fat 3G Carbs 44G Protein

Actual:
Totals:
Fat: 44g – 396 Calories 20%
Carbohydrates: 142 G – 568 Calories 29%
Protein: 242G – 968 Calories 50%

Total Calories: 1932

Aitkenn

Awards
OH And another thing, let me know if your going to watch my progress, it helps as a bout of motivation :) Thanks.

Aitkenn

Awards
Okay so for yesterday. I did about 1 hour of light cardio around 1pmish. Went home, ate.. came back around 6:30 pm and Did another hour with some hiit in between.
Did the leg press. 5x25 (10 plates total)
Then walked around the inside gym track about 10 times. (only about half a mile there)

Then, 10 o clock pm rolled around, went to my personal trainers gym, and we did MORE HIIT. Kicked my ass. He had me running at 11 mph. Let me tell you, to be 266 and running like a tank like that. Woo. I didn't tired out too easy, I was actually getting cold and light headed. I informed him and went and bought some carbs..LOL. Talking about running on empty.
Anyway did about 15 min of HIIT. Then did incline press 3x25 (135), 3x25 Butterflies? I think there called., then I started feeling really bad. I felt like i was going to die.. So I relaxed for a bit, then caught up to him a little later and did 1 hand rope pull downs. 3x25 each arm.

Never again am I doing that much cardio.

Anyway, me and him were talking. We don't know which would be more beneficial, light weight/more reps for slow twitch fibers + more oxidative. Or Do heavy weight/low reps for more GH release. Which do you think would burn more body fat in the shortest amount of time? (And what would add/subtract from my diet)

thanks

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend not doing HIIT multiple times a day. Once every other day is enough. Do some steady state cardio on the in between days. In terms of your weight training, the rep range isn't really that big of a deal. Diet and cardio will be the big determining factors. The "high reps gets you cut" idea is not true. Stick with 8-12 reps.

I'll be following your progress.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend not doing HIIT multiple times a day. Once every other day is enough. Do some steady state cardio on the in between days. In terms of your weight training, the rep range isn't really that big of a deal. Diet and cardio will be the big determining factors. The "high reps gets you cut" idea is not true. Stick with 8-12 reps.

second that. you're gonna burn more calories in the same amount of time if you lift heavier.

plus, no disrespect to your trainer buddy or nutritionist...but your calories are too low to start off. chopping your calories this low right off the bat, you are bound to plateau much faster.

Aitkenn

Awards

SO what should a real cardio limit be per day, if you had plenty of time?

Aitkenn

Awards
second that. you're gonna burn more calories in the same amount of time if you lift heavier.

plus, no disrespect to your trainer buddy or nutritionist...but your calories are too low to start off. chopping your calories this low right off the bat, you are bound to plateau much faster.
I kinda thought they were too low also? Where would you add in items? Shouldn't I drop the carbs around mid day though?

Aitkenn

Awards
Oh and what do you think about the showtime diet?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I kinda thought they were too low also? Where would you add in items? Shouldn't I drop the carbs around mid day though?
carbs: you can either taper off carbs so that you aren't eating them past like 6pm
or you can carb cycle, where you have a high, a moderate, and low carb day, and you cycle through these days throughout the week.
also calorie cycling would be beneficial...where you may have a set amount of protein and fats each day, but the calories change based on the amount of carbs you're eating.

i'm not sure what the showtime diet is...but honestly man.. at 266 if you start out by learning to set up a clean diet and introduce exercise, you will lose weight off the bat.
after that, then start reducing calories and worrying about carbs.
it sounds like you got to the point where you let yourself go.
the first step is making healthy choices in the diet at any proportions you want, and exercising.

you could start out at 3,000 calories while weight lifting and doing cardio, and when you stop seeing results, drop 100 calories a week.
but going straight down to 1900 is a mistake...you're killing your Ally= your metabolism. the reason diets don't work is because people fight their metabolism, rather than work with it to achieve results.

Figure out maintenance calories, which by a quick calculation, i would guess is 3,000, and use weights and cardio to create the deficit. drop 500 calories on resting days.

i'm at 2400-2500 calories on lifting days and anywhere from 2000-2200 on off days, and I'm losing body fat. and i'm only 190, there is absolutely no reason you need to start off at 1900.

Aitkenn

Awards
carbs: you can either taper off carbs so that you aren't eating them past like 6pm
or you can carb cycle, where you have a high, a moderate, and low carb day, and you cycle through these days throughout the week.
also calorie cycling would be beneficial...where you may have a set amount of protein and fats each day, but the calories change based on the amount of carbs you're eating.

i'm not sure what the showtime diet is...but honestly man.. at 266 if you start out by learning to set up a clean diet and introduce exercise, you will lose weight off the bat.
after that, then start reducing calories and worrying about carbs.
it sounds like you got to the point where you let yourself go.
the first step is making healthy choices in the diet at any proportions you want, and exercising.

you could start out at 3,000 calories while weight lifting and doing cardio, and when you stop seeing results, drop 100 calories a week.
but going straight down to 1900 is a mistake...you're killing your Ally= your metabolism. the reason diets don't work is because people fight their metabolism, rather than work with it to achieve results.

Figure out maintenance calories, which by a quick calculation, i would guess is 3,000, and use weights and cardio to create the deficit. drop 500 calories on resting days.

i'm at 2400-2500 calories on lifting days and anywhere from 2000-2200 on off days, and I'm losing body fat. and i'm only 190, there is absolutely no reason you need to start off at 1900.

Ok. So do you atleast agree with the Fat Intake currently and the Protein intake? Carbs are the only thing that seem to be the problem?
SO what your saying is...
I could do this.

Monday: 240 protein, 45 fat (if you agree), and about 400 carbs? 100 g my first four meals? That doesnt seem a bit excessive? Not saying your wrong, just a question. Or would I up my fat intake too? and protein? I'll take your advice, just steer me.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Ok. So do you atleast agree with the Fat Intake currently and the Protein intake? Carbs are the only thing that seem to be the problem?
SO what your saying is...
I could do this.

Monday: 240 protein, 45 fat (if you agree), and about 400 carbs? 100 g my first four meals? That doesnt seem a bit excessive? Not saying your wrong, just a question. Or would I up my fat intake too? and protein? I'll take your advice, just steer me.
i would up your fat intake and lower carb intake a little.
maybe up to 100 grams so fat is roughly 30% of your calorie intake

feel free to add green vegetables to ANY meal, if you want to count them thats fine, a lot of people don't.

Aitkenn

Awards
i would up your fat intake and lower carb intake a little.
maybe up to 100 grams so fat is roughly 30% of your calorie intake

feel free to add green vegetables to ANY meal, if you want to count them thats fine, a lot of people don't.
damn man.
So your telling me I can eat, Whole wheat bread tuna sandwhichs and natural peanut butter all day? With black eyed peas? That'd be hard to reach 3k lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
damn man.
So your telling me I can eat, Whole wheat bread tuna sandwhichs and natural peanut butter all day? With black eyed peas? That'd be hard to reach 3k lol
haha is this sarcastic?

using fats should make your 3,000 relatively easy!

Aitkenn

Awards
haha is this sarcastic?

using fats should make your 3,000 relatively easy!
lol I guess! I don't even like much mayo in my tuna, and my peanut butter sammiches are pretty thin. I'll munch on peanuts prolly.

So if I ate 3000 calories, and worked out intense daily, I should lose weight, absolutely no questions asked? (All low glycemic carbs, and no carbs after 6pm)?

240g protein, 260 carbs, 100g fat. <natural peanut butter, lil mayo, and peanuts, and protein shakes)

OH, and can I take creatine supplements post/pre workout? Does creatine stall fatloss you think? I read an article where it did.. hm..

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
no creatine shouldn't stall fat loss...as long as its a creatine mono and its not a sugary nitrotech type deal.

start out at 3000 and go on with weight training and cardio.
Don't kill yourself, but work hard.

You want to get your body the right nutrients throughout the day.
3000 is just a starting point, like i said, at 266 you should see weight loss from the beginning. When that stalls, drop 100 calories a week.

You cant just jump off a cliff and go to 1900 cals, and then NOT expect to plateau in about 3-4 weeks...where do you go after that?? drop to 1700? awful idea.

Aitkenn

Awards
no creatine shouldn't stall fat loss...as long as its a creatine mono and its not a sugary nitrotech type deal.

start out at 3000 and go on with weight training and cardio.
Don't kill yourself, but work hard.

You want to get your body the right nutrients throughout the day.
3000 is just a starting point, like i said, at 266 you should see weight loss from the beginning. When that stalls, drop 100 calories a week.

You cant just jump off a cliff and go to 1900 cals, and then NOT expect to plateau in about 3-4 weeks...where do you go after that?? drop to 1700? awful idea.
Alrighty, going to go workout and do some cardio, take it easy. Thanks for all the advice. :] +rep. Ill post pics whenever I reach 50 posts. lol

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, going to go workout and do some cardio, take it easy. Thanks for all the advice. :] +rep. Ill post pics whenever I reach 50 posts. lol
good luck.
lift heavy

Aitkenn

Awards
Okay so I talked to my trainer friend. And he's willing to let me do 8-12 reps. Boy did he make me pay for it today.
I did like 30 min of cardio earlier in the day. Then at night we went to his gym.
First he had me squatting, and like powerclean throw a medicine ball in the air (15lb), turn around, squat.. rinserepeat. Very exhausting.
Then I was like, teach me to do squats! Beleive it or not, never ever touched em.
I can leg press 1200 lbs on a good day. 0 on squat lol
So today, did squats.
135x12
155x12
185x12

stopped there, my ass felt RIPPED lol. MAN did that **** hurt.
So then we did 4x12 Hamstrings, 4x12 quads, then he was going to try and make me do leg press, but i wasnt having it. I was too scared to lift the weight with my ass +legs being sore. So instead I told him id do lunges. I did about 50-60 with a 35 lb weight.

My lifts were very intense. And im very sore and havent even went to bed yet! oh god tomorrow /cry.
Going to up the cardio tomorrow. Doubt I'll be capable of hiit, but do some elliptical.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I talked to my trainer friend. And he's willing to let me do 8-12 reps. Boy did he make me pay for it today.
I did like 30 min of cardio earlier in the day. Then at night we went to his gym.
First he had me squatting, and like powerclean throw a medicine ball in the air (15lb), turn around, squat.. rinserepeat. Very exhausting.
Then I was like, teach me to do squats! Beleive it or not, never ever touched em.
I can leg press 1200 lbs on a good day. 0 on squat lol
So today, did squats.
135x12
155x12
185x12

stopped there, my ass felt RIPPED lol. MAN did that **** hurt.
So then we did 4x12 Hamstrings, 4x12 quads, then he was going to try and make me do leg press, but i wasnt having it. I was too scared to lift the weight with my ass +legs being sore. So instead I told him id do lunges. I did about 50-60 with a 35 lb weight.

My lifts were very intense. And im very sore and havent even went to bed yet! oh god tomorrow /cry.
Going to up the cardio tomorrow. Doubt I'll be capable of hiit, but do some elliptical.
squats>leg press ANY DAY

keep workin on them, you will get the strength up!

Aitkenn

Awards
Yep yep, I finally got the form down, feels weird like a frog stance or something. I like doing heavy ass weight. And I like hitting muscles for the first time. Especially legs.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
squats and deads are the best weapons as far as exercise for your transformation.

they get your entire body, plus central nervous system involved, and burn the most calories.

youtube mark rippetoe...master of squat and dead form

Aitkenn

Awards
Yeah, they felt really intense. I think I got tired about half way through 185 lol. Had to take a breath or two. And I've done deadlifts, they're ****ing exhausting. As ****. lol.

anyway Today, I txt my trainer and he said off day, he had some **** to do , and ill agree with that, im sore as hell from yesterday. Did 40 min of Elliptical machine today. That is it.
AND I SLEPT LIKE 12 hours. Could it be the GH? I never sleep more then 6?!~

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, they felt really intense. I think I got tired about half way through 185 lol. Had to take a breath or two. And I've done deadlifts, they're ****ing exhausting. As ****. lol.

anyway Today, I txt my trainer and he said off day, he had some **** to do , and ill agree with that, im sore as hell from yesterday. Did 40 min of Elliptical machine today. That is it.
AND I SLEPT LIKE 12 hours. Could it be the GH? I never sleep more then 6?!~
exhaustion.

keep doing the lifts that suck, they are the best ones for you

Aitkenn

Awards
exhaustion.

keep doing the lifts that suck, they are the best ones for you
no doubt. I love to lift heavy. Its my ****. :) I feel so like motivated now. Honestly. With you people internet watching me, and eating healthy, and feeling the pain from working out. Its like ooo baby. :) lol

Anyhow, little update.

SO i just woke up, apparently I been sleeping like a baby lately. It's nice, but my whole lower body still hurts. Going to wake up catch up on my meals, and go to the gym around 4pm maybe 5, knock out about an hour or two of the elliptical. god knows I can't run right now..
check back later.

Aitkenn

Awards
40 min of elliptical, 20 min walking on treadmill. 1 set of 450 25x on leg press and stretch out the hammies good.
Got to do back/biceps tonight, carbing up right now, havent touched carbs since 1pmish. cept bbw protein carbs.

Aitkenn

Awards
Ok, ate some beans to carb up earlier, didnt work well, ate two bananas on the way to personal trainers house. Headed to the gym around 11 pm. First, i didnt do a warmup to save my carbs. Then we did deadlifts.
1. 185x12
2.205x12
3.225x12
4.275x9

Kicked my ass, obviously, tired. Then I did the T-bar.
1.45+45x12
2.45+45+10x12
3.45+45+35x12
4.45+45+35x12

Lat pulldowns
1. 130x12
2. 150x12
3.170x12
4.190x12

(im so tired and weak at this point)

Carbed up with a sugar juice drink in gym vending machine

Did Biceps

EZ Curl preacher inside grip
(I'll put the weight I put on both sides)
1. 25 x12
2.30x12
3.35x12
4. 40x10

Outside grip, lol-tired
1.25x12
2.35x10

Done, exhausted. Not enough carbs today :(

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
The "carb up" would've been more effective earlier in the day, or the day before.

your body has to break down the food to restore the glycogen, that takes more than a few hours

Aitkenn

Awards
The "carb up" would've been more effective earlier in the day, or the day before.

your body has to break down the food to restore the glycogen, that takes more than a few hours
Yeah, I know now. I was trying to stick with LOW gi foods too, sure that didnt help the speed. But anyhow, I was curious, what if I was to eat all 250 carbs, complex, in my first 2 meals, and no more for the rest of the day.
Wouldn't insulin be really low, and increase fat burning?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know now. I was trying to stick with LOW gi foods too, sure that didnt help the speed. But anyhow, I was curious, what if I was to eat all 250 carbs, complex, in my first 2 meals, and no more for the rest of the day.
Wouldn't insulin be really low, and increase fat burning?
insulin overall through the day probably would be.

pre and post workout are optimal times for carbs, but you might get away by eating them for your first two meals

Aitkenn

Awards
DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNN
starting to see some results visually. Sorry I don't have any pics up yet. I'll take some tonight. Will have to wait till my gf gets service on her new phone though to put them up.
still got love handles and chest isnt cut yet, so no worries, plenty more fat to lose.

ANYWAY, the dun dun dun part was about ME getting ECA :)woowoo.
90 tablets. will take them every 6 hours. Will help my cardio lots :]

Heading to the gym to do some cardio, I've been getting my carbs in today, and man does eca suppress appetite, ****.

WOO so motivated now. Friend came over too and said my face is getting skinny as ****. lol

Aitkenn

Awards
OK, So THE ECA really helped. Was sweating and going fast without feeling tired! Smiley

The workout...

Flatbench Barbell
1.135x12
2.185x12
3.205x10
4.205x10
5.215x7

Incline Dumbells (I'll put the weight of one dumbell)
1. 50x12
2.55x12
3.60x12
4.65x19

Chest Flys Machine
1.180x12
2.190x12
3.200x12
4.210x12
5.230x9

Seated Incline Overhead pulldowns - triceps
1.100x12
2.110x12
3.130x12
4.150x12
5.170x9

Underhand Grip Triceps (or reverse grip w/e)
1.100x12
2.110x12
3.120x12
4.130x12
5.150x8 maybe had to rest like 3 times to get this lol did a set of dips then came to this 5th set, was weak

Dips
1.12 HARD
2.12 OK
3.12 SCREAMING INTENSE

Abs
1. 45plate on chest x12
2. 45 plate on chest x15

Like this feeling of ECA.
I've taken it before...but yeah.
Took my before pics today, ugh, there horrible. Will put them up when i can.

My chest fat is gone already, wish I would of taken some before.
Anyway, I don't know when I'll decide to weigh in. Scale ****s with my head, so probably once a month. lol.

Anyway, its late. Night!

Aitkenn

Awards
didn't do cardio yesterday. was busy...or getting busy.. lol

Anyway, night time. did 10 min of elliptical to warm up.
Back and Biceps

Back - The Triangle pull down thing /\
180x12
190x12
200x12
220x9

Bent Over Rows-Barbell
135x12
155x12
155x12
175x7-8

Bent Over Row - Dumbell
50x12
55x12
60x12
65x12

Biceps.
Dumbell Curl
25x12
35x12
30x12
35x12 (**** im weak) lol

Conentration Curls - Pulley
40x12
45x12
50x12
55x9

Did Wood choppers and Traps.

Traps
60x12
60x12
65x12
70x12

did wood choppers in between trap sets.

Did hanging abs. Yeah thats right. Hooked my feet up in the air, and did sit ups. FML :(
x12
x12
x10? lol

Aitkenn

Awards
School started back today for me. Anatomy and Physiology 2. College Algerbra Later today.
My waist, i measure the other day, is down about 3 inches from my first measurement.
Anyhow, shoulders been hurting, and knee is a little iffy. So whichever feels better... = tonight
Legs+deadlifts or chest+tris.
Will let you know. Probably legs though. Later all!

Aitkenn

Awards
Ah yesterday, knee was okay. Did 10 min cardio at 7mph.
Glycogen went wayy down.
sip on some juice. got it back.
Deadlifts
185x12
225x12
265x12
315x8

Leg Press
Plates on Each side x reps

3x12
5x12
7x12
7 +2 100lb dumbells x 12

Was pooped. Went home. Did a little cardio before I left

Today nothing, couldnt sleep.
Broke up with my girlfriend yesterday.. Gonna get back on it tomorrow.

Ah single life..
Jesse Aitken: im a beast
Jesse Aitken: you dont know me lol
"some girl": AH HA HA
"some girl": well i guess i have to find out
Jesse Aitken: Guess so