Sandwich buns, 2 net carbs

rok

Awards
Bought the bun and roll mix from atkins.com and whipped up a batch just now. Each bun has 4 total carbs, 3 of which are fiber. 2 buns per sandwich, so 2 net carbs per sandwich. Tastes fantastic. You add 4 eggs and a stick of butter to the bun mix, which adds alot of flavor and moisture to the end product.

jetset

Awards
Sorry but Atkins is a waste of time, you need carbs to fuel your muscles.

jetset

Awards
Yes limiting carbs is good for cutting but not to the extreme of atkins. You don't want to decrease to much, how will your body fill its glycogen stores it can't from fat. so where is your fuel for your muscles. Quick question how many of you have truely dieted for say a body building show(I have do 3 and my wife was a national level fitness competitor and body builder)? Extreme low carb diets are a bad idea(just my opinion). Its all about eating the correct carbs, protein, and fat.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
a stick of butter?? anyone else catch that?
Ive had the pumpernickel bun ....its aight. I stick to my low carb-flax bran bread slices for night crazings of bread.... taste real nice.
Sage

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
Ive had the pumpernickel bun ....its aight. I stick to my low carb-flax bran bread slices for night crazings of bread.... taste real nice.
Sage
yike what has this world come to when we have cravings for bread??!!
jus kidding sage
yeh a stick of butter seems like youre offsetting low carbs with high fat??

btw has anyone seen louis blacks bit with jon stewart on the daily show a month or two back about that atkins craze? its good for laugh or two

USOC

Awards
Yes limiting carbs is good for cutting but not to the extreme of atkins. You don't want to decrease to much, how will your body fill its glycogen stores it can't from fat. so where is your fuel for your muscles. Quick question how many of you have truely dieted for say a body building show(I have do 3 and my wife was a national level fitness competitor and body builder)? Extreme low carb diets are a bad idea(just my opinion). Its all about eating the correct carbs, protein, and fat.

Thats where CKD (Cyclic Ketogenic Diet) comes in. Sure, you're eating extremely low carbs, but you have refeeds that replentish your body's stores of muscle glycogen. Usually, these are done with 12-36 hour "Clean Carb" refeeds every 4 to 5 days. Couple that with PWO Protein+Carb shakes and muscles keep their energy for lifting while the body burns more fat overall. For more information, check out www.c-k-d.com. While I'm not a competition level bodybuilder by any means, I've done extremely well on CKD. I've lost 33 lbs of fat in 10 weeks and added between 10 and 15% to ALL my lifts during that same time (without gear).

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I stick to my low carb-flax bran bread slices for night crazings of bread.... taste real nice.
Sage

do you make that bread yourself or do you buy it..either why tell me how or where..

thanks

h19

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sage
I caught that right away. This bread may be low on carbs, but is an artery clogger. I guess in moderation it would be okay. I wonder how many buns this mix made?

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
how will your body fill its glycogen stores it can't from fat. so where is your fuel for your muscle.
You should read more about the scientific literature behind these diets, and more about the adaptive ways of the body.

In terms of glycogen stores....

1) You're right, the body can't make glycogen from fat, but it can oxidize protein to form it if absolutely necessary.

2) Even if you were eating a 0 carb a day diet, your body's glycogen stores would be around 50-60% of full capacity, which is sufficient for most training routines unless they are of the high volume nature.

jetset

Awards
Hey sheesh, I agree with number 2 and with what some people have said above but I am so sick of hearing about people running to Atkins for a quick fix.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
do you make that bread yourself or do you buy it..either why tell me how or where..

thanks

h19
I get them from my local natural food store. Plenty around in NYC. The company's name is The Baker. They have their regular line and their low carb line. Comes in bran and flax. Both nutritional sound and taste pretty decent.
Sage