Too much good fat?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't seem to stop eating natural PB lately. I love the ****...going through a container in 2 days. Thoughts???

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
That's a jackload of calories, but if you're bulking then it's fine by me. :D

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered the same thing myself. Every day I have at least 12 Tbsp. of olive oil. I would use flax more, but I simply cannot afford it along w/ my other vitamins/minerals, ALA, protein powder, and other foods that I buy each month/week.

In fact, the only other fats that I have that come from saturated fats I don't have more than 3 times/week. I've always felt that moderation is the key, but its hard when you gotta eat some many damn cals/day. I guess that that the oils I use so much are still better than the possible amount of saturated fats that I could be eating, but wonder how much better?

jetset

Awards
I agree with Sheesh, if thats your primary source of fat your. Besides your getting alot of fiber and a fair amount of protein.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im a pb lover as well. I put pb on anything and everything (eggs, wraps, tuna....u name it). I will say this though, since i cut back to 2-4 tbls a day (from my 8-10 hehe), ive done better controlling my BF%. But if one replaces a few servings of mono fats for an insuperior source of calories, keep as is....
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
im a pb lover as well. I put pb on anything and everything (eggs, wraps, tuna....u name it). I will say this though, since i cut back to 2-4 tbls a day (from my 8-10 hehe), ive done better controlling my BF%. But if one replaces a few servings of mono fats for an insuperior source of calories, keep as is....
Sage
Ewww....eggs? :p :) :D

I have the same problem with putting maple syrup on a lot of things. :( ;)

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
I would use flax more
Try the ground seeds. Not only do you get 0-3s but also the benefits from the lingans and added fiber, especially to balance out that much 0-6 intake.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Seeds much cheaper then, eh? I'll have a look into them, thx...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'd say just watch your bf%, if your body can handle it without too much gain, have at it!

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Seeds much cheaper then, eh? I'll have a look into them, thx...
I think so. I can get a lb. for $1.29. Each 1/4 cup is equivalent to 1 tbsp of fats, plus the additional carb and protein cals equal 245. Five pounds usually lasts me quite a while.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Bro, go to trader joes, they have 16 oz of flax oil for ~8 bucks. Also, you can get flax seeds in the bulk section of most health food stores - golden flax is the way to go here and can be had for ~$2/lb, they're smoother tasting than the brown flax.

Imo, flax is probably the #2 thing I'd suggest people add to their diet after good, cheap whey (screw that ion filtered cold processed $8/lb stuff, you can get good whey for $3.50/lb). I like to eat a cup of flax a day, it's very cheap and very very good for you - can't stress it enough!