even post workout nutrition

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how you all do it. the ones who lift towards the end of the day....yesterday, due to classes and my mindset of not wanting to miss my first day of the semester (of course ill skip quite a few starting next week), i had to lift at 7 (til 9) and after post workout shake, my question for you night lifters is do you take in a sufficient amount of complex carbs this late (10ish) only an hour or so before bed? curious if you change up your first whole meal carb source due to the lateness of the day.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Oatmeal, Oatmeal and more Oatmeal. :D

If you take in the right kind of carbs you have nothing to worry about in terms of fat gain. I figured thats what you worried about.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Oatmeal, Oatmeal and more Oatmeal. :D
thats all i eat (small exageration...small)...and ya, of course i was concerned with the carb source leading to fat deposits. and also the feeling of fullness while lying down. but i said F it, and ate a cup full.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I try to stick with wheat bread, or oatmeal and honey. I always lift fairly late myself, usually after 8 PM.

crazypete

Awards
don't forget that if you lift intensely, your adipose tissue's ability to uptake glucose is shut down for up to 6 hours post workout so that the muscles can get the nutrients required to recover. so don't worry about eating. remember, cottage cheese or egg whites right before bed will keep your muscles fed until morning.

cheers, pete