Better than NLarge2?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Check this stuff out:

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=876

Low GI carbs, less than 1% cholesterol - looks good. Wonder why they went with soy isolate over whey isolate?

Not too cheap at $33 for 5lb...

I try not to use a gainer, relying mostly on solid food for caloric intake - but it really helps when you're really trying to pack it on and you're +3500 cals/day. NLarge has beent he staple - do you think this stuff is better?

BigV

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely looks like a better carbohyrdate complex than most of the weightgainers out there. The knock on weightgainer has been exactly what you pointed out.... the ingredient (mainly maltodextrin and dextrose) of the carbohydrates. This looks like a find for someone who is wanting those extra calories without having to (a) cook up something wholesome and/or (b) dont have time to mix some oatmeal, pb or flax, banana, milk, etc with their protein powder for a homemade weightgainer. Looks good
Sage

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Lately for cals I've been grinding up flax/sesame seeds and throwing them in my shakes, and/or 1-1.5 cups cooked oats, a piece of fruit and a shake. Of course the consistency of the ground seeds would be most people's sticking point.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Lately for cals I've been grinding up flax/sesame seeds and throwing them in my shakes, and/or 1-1.5 cups cooked oats, a piece of fruit and a shake. Of course the consistency of the ground seeds would be most people's sticking point.
Oh I dont care about that! Ill slurp that sh*t right down. I tried to add ground oatmeal before, and I got a stomach ache. Ill have to try cooking them.

BigV

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
1/2 cup total flax seeds will give you 490 cals btw. Easy as pie.

ps24eva

Awards
Check this stuff out:

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=876

Low GI carbs, less than 1% cholesterol - looks good. Wonder why they went with soy isolate over whey isolate?

Not too cheap at $33 for 5lb...

I try not to use a gainer, relying mostly on solid food for caloric intake - but it really helps when you're really trying to pack it on and you're +3500 cals/day. NLarge has beent he staple - do you think this stuff is better?

BigV

this would be a kick ass MRP except that it has soy protein. And I heard it tastes not so good.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, and w/all the sesamin hype lately I've decided to try grinding some sesame seeds as well. 3/8 C flax + 1/8 C sesame

COLOSSUS

Awards
this would be a kick ass MRP except that it has soy protein. And I heard it tastes not so good.

exactly...........its crap. soy is its main protein source. It woulod be awesome if it had a better protein profile.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Exactly what's wrong w/soy? And was your opinion formed by reading whey industry (read: big dairy) propaganda?

Isoflavones? They're mildly estrogen-like compounds that compete w/actual estrogen for receptors.

BV? Many SPI products, especially if produced by Supro, have added methionine to improve the BV to near-egg standards.

lionel

Awards
Why does anybody use nlarge for? Looking at its ingredients, its nothing more than a pwo shake. So does it mean it can't be used any other time of the day.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Why does anybody use nlarge for? Looking at its ingredients, its nothing more than a pwo shake. So does it mean it can't be used any other time of the day.
Because its a relatively inexpensive, good tasting gainer with quality ingredients. It's definately helped me in my mass gain endeavors. I really dont use it that much anymore - most of the carbs in NLarge are from fructose, Id rather make my own concoction from whey protien and oatmeal.

BigV

dtricome

Board Sponsor
Awards
That was compared to a concentrate.
Hi,

Actually, you caught a typo.

It doesn't matter if it's concentrate or isolate. That's why our whey doesn't say concentrate or isolate.

The protein (amino acids) are tested.

COLOSSUS

Awards
Exactly what's wrong w/soy? And was your opinion formed by reading whey industry (read: big dairy) propaganda?

Isoflavones? They're mildly estrogen-like compounds that compete w/actual estrogen for receptors.

BV? Many SPI products, especially if produced by Supro, have added methionine to improve the BV to near-egg standards.
weightgainers are usually taken post-workout. And its proven that whey protein is far superior to soy protein when taken post workout................or at any time for that matter. Really..........who the hell takes in massive amounts of soy protein in an attempt to get big??

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
weightgainers are usually taken post-workout. And its proven that whey protein is far superior to soy protein when taken post workout................or at any time for that matter. Really..........who the hell takes in massive amounts of soy protein in an attempt to get big??
Whether or not whey is better is not point in question. The point was made that soy protein is crap, which in essence can be misconstrued to mean stay the hell away. While I don't believe soy to be superior to whey, far from it as a matter of fact, it is not as bad as most make it out to be.

BTW in the early days of protein supplementation (think Robbie Robinson, Oliva, Draper etc.) soy was the gold standard as whey had not yet come around.

COLOSSUS

Awards
Whether or not whey is better is not point in question. The point was made that soy protein is crap, which in essence can be misconstrued to mean stay the hell away. While I don't believe soy to be superior to whey, far from it as a matter of fact, it is not as bad as most make it out to be.

BTW in the early days of protein supplementation (think Robbie Robinson, Oliva, Draper etc.) soy was the gold standard as whey had not yet come around.

suite yourself my friend........................

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Bump for soy being crap :p