Diet 4 T1-PRO cycle

Nelson

I`m 6`0" / 193lbs / maybe 18-20%BF
I will do two 4 week cycles on the PRO, then begin cutting.
I want to bulk as cleanly as possible.
Please give me some feedback on my diet.

Breakfast 7:30 Carbs Protein Fat Calories
1/2 cup oatmeal 30 5 5 200
1 tbspn raisins 7 25
1 tbspn honey 17 68
100ml milk 5 3 40
5 egg whites 1 15 80
1 whole egg 0.5 6 5 74
1 kiwi fruit 11 0.5 46
1/2 Opt. 2 11 1 60
85 40 11 593
Brunch 10:30
100g salmon 20 3 110
100g sweet potato 24 1 100 24 21 3 210
Lunch 12:30
70g brown rice 50 7 2 360
200g chicken 40 6 220
salad 5 1 82 55 48 8 662
Arvo 3:15
5 egg whites 1.5 16 80
1 whole egg 0.5 6 7 90
1 carrot (70g) 7 0.5 30
9 22 7 200
Pre-Workout 4:45 1 Liver
1/2 Opt 2 11 1 60
1 tbspn flax 14 130
1/4 cup oatmeal 15 2 2 100
17 13 17 290
Workout 6:00-7:00
1 Aquarius 45 190
5g glutamine 45 190
Post-Workout 7:10
2 Opt 8 44 4 240
2 Dextrose (76g) 76 304
10g creatine 84 44 4 544
Pre-Dinner 8:00
1/2 HDT ProBlend 2 13 67
300ml milk 15 9 120
17 22 187

Dinner 9:00
70g white rice 55 4 250
200g salmon 40 6 230
salad 6 5 112 61 49 6 592
Bed 10:30
1 HDT ProBlend 4 26 134
1 tbspn flax 14 130
300ml milk 15 9 120 19 35 14 384
Weight 193lb 416carbs 294protein 70fat 3852
BF: 18-20% 48% 34% 18%

DarCSA

Awards
Looks like some football plays kiwi 18 flax 14 hut hut hike. Looks good man you may want to add in a little more calories and get you to 4500 or so if possible. At least try and make it over the 4000 mark to get that extra pound you could have at the end of your cycle. What training style are you going to run and how old are you as well?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
looks very sound. to critique one's diet plans, there has to be something to critique (ha) only comments i will make is actuallly a quesiton. Why the pre dinner hdt blend shake? whole foods (which you have a good souce coming from you dinner meal) is best 1-2 hours after your post drink as you know. curious if its a timing thing, where you dont have access to dinner foods or some other reason. i like your breakfast mix of protein source in milk, eggs, and whey, however i might consider moving your serving of flax from pre to morning b/c you have no essential fats. only hole i see.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
First you'll want to know your BMR (how many calories it takes to maintain your current bodyweight) anyone wanting a diet crtique, this is a must or we have nothing to go by. At 18-20% BF you'd better bulk very clean. Im not sure why the kiwi is in there, its fructose and not that reliable as a source of carbs. 5 eggs whites, Id cut that down to 4, albumen protein is inferior so I dont understand why people eat hundreds of eggs a month. Its beyond me.

Another little flaw, that white rice that late will do you in unless you do some cardio before bed, which isnt likely. Exchange that for a *small* amount of brown rice if you must have it.

There's no way you need near 4000 cals, your BMR is going to be right around 2500-2650, 4000 calories a day will likely add some fat to you each week, which isnt good if your BF is already considerably high.

I would cut my protein intake back a bit if I were you, but maybe 25 grams, that extra egg and maybe cut down a serving of something will do that for you. Carbs I would shoot for a little over 400, maybe around 405. I know you'll say "11 more carbs isnt a big deal" wel lit is if you think that thats 44 more claories. That can come back and bite you in the ass.

You workout kind of late and with 76 grams of dextrose pre workout, I would also cut that back (maybe to cut back your carbs like I mentioned above drop your dextrose down) 50 grams of dextrose post workout its more than adequate, I dont really know why you consume 10grams of creatine post workout when only 5 grams is needed to get the full effects of creatine. You would have to have around 100 grams of dextrose to drive all 10 grams of creatine into the cells anyways and you certainly cant afford 100 grams of simple sugars, even if it is post workout.

Overall not too bad, Im pretty impressed, Im glad you added salmon, its a VERY underrated selection. Make a couple of adjustments here and there and you're ready to go.

Last edited:

Nelson

Cheers guys

DarCSA
Sorry about the layout - I couldn`t attach an Excel file so it didn`t come out as typed. Actually an encoded message with a new secret bodybuilding routine which will pack mass on at a rate previously thought to be unachievable.
After much consideration, I`m going to do a four day split:
Back/Bi; Chest/Triceps; off; Legs/Abs; Delts/Traps; off; repeat.
I will do at least 5-6 sets for compound movements in the rep range of 6-12 with 70-85% 1RM; & for isolation movements I will do 3-4 sets in the same rep range with same load.
This split has worked well for me in the past.

sage
Thanks for your input.
I live in the sticks - it`s a 40 minute drive to the gym.
I finish at 7, down my shake, take a shower etc.
By the time I get home it`s usually 8:15.
I figured that I should have something on the way home to tide me over until I can have dinner.
Hence the pre-dinner HDT Problend shake with milk.
Do you have any other recommendations?
I thought that the fat from the whole egg would help for breakfast, or should I just move the flax from pre-workout to here?

YellowJacket
According to the bulk calculator on here my BMR is 2675.
Sorry should have noted that.
I eat heaps of eggs because it`s cheaper than buying powder here.
I will cut the kiwi & drop back to 4 eggs at breakfast & arvo meal.
I use 76g of dextrose because of an article by Zeppelin.
I will drop this back to 50g & the creatine to 5g.
I eat white rice for dinner on workout nights because of its high glyclemic rating - should I change this to maybe 35g of brown rice or sweet potato?

Thanks a lot for your advice.
:)

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Re: Cheers guys

YellowJacket
According to the bulk calculator on here my BMR is 2675.
Sorry should have noted that.
I eat heaps of eggs because it`s cheaper than buying powder here.
I will cut the kiwi & drop back to 4 eggs at breakfast & arvo meal.
I use 76g of dextrose because of an article by Zeppelin.
I will drop this back to 50g & the creatine to 5g.
I eat white rice for dinner on workout nights because of its high glyclemic rating - should I change this to maybe 35g of brown rice or sweet potato?

Thanks a lot for your advice.
Its cool, no need to aplogize, Im just happy you figured it ;)

If you're looking to gain lean mass you have 2 options:

1- Eat around 2925 cals. everyday and avoid cardio at all costs.
2- Eat around 3175 cals. and do moderate cardio a couple days a week.

Those high glycemic carbs late will kill you brother....in moderation late isnt too bad but they will catch up to you more than likely. You go to bed (you're already not doing cardio) and that glucose is jsut sitting in your blood waiting to be metabolized but its not going to happen thus being stored as fat, which is a killer.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Re: Cheers guys

sage
Thanks for your input.
I live in the sticks - it`s a 40 minute drive to the gym.
I finish at 7, down my shake, take a shower etc.
By the time I get home it`s usually 8:15.
I figured that I should have something on the way home to tide me over until I can have dinner.
Hence the pre-dinner HDT Problend shake with milk.
Do you have any other recommendations?
I thought that the fat from the whole egg would help for breakfast, or should I just move the flax from pre-workout to here?

your first meal is of great importance (they aint joking around when saying breakfast the most important meal of the day) so taking advantage of the 8+ hours without taking in nutrients into your body should be of great importance. (as you already know). this means quality protein, a good quanity of complex carbs, and the good fats. The saturated fat from the yolk isnt one of these. Egg fat is fine...but either i recommend moving that pre workout flax serving to your breakfast or cook your eggs with e.v.o.o or throw in some pb with that oatmeal (this is all i do with my oatmeal....pb and raw honey). As far as the post post shake you have (ha), i wouldnt say substitute it with a whole food source of protein, as long as the 1/2 serving you are taking isnt making you "full" that the whole food meal isnt coming too long after your workout. (ie if after taking in the problend, it takes you another hour + to start grubbing again. Sage

DarCSA

Awards
Woah Now It's Cool :D. Good luck man I hope you can get where you want to be. Wanna see you put on some lean mass and lose the bf when you cut.

Nelson

YJ

YellowJacket
I`ve made some changes.
This is how it looks now:
Workout Days - 402 carbs; 265 protein; 58 fat; 3623 calories.
Off Days - 297 carbs; 208 protein; 54 fat; 2926 calories.
You said to aim for about 400 carbs; 270 protein; 3175 calories.
This is where I`m confused - Should I aim for this every day, or only on workout days?
:confused:

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I would eat the same amount of cals. each day. If you plan to do any cardio (maybe for heart strength, etc.) then bump your cals u a bit on days you do cardio. I would go around 200-250 cals over your BMR everyday.