Trying to loose weight!

Paul D

Awards
Hey guys, im currently 17, 6 feet and i weigh 220 pounds, im trying to cut down to 205 for now and then start lifting. Im wondering what supplements would be the most effective and have the best appetite suppressor. I was going to order some Slim SX but they discontinued it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Paul.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, im currently 17, 6 feet and i weigh 220 pounds, im trying to cut down to 205 for now and then start lifting. Im wondering what supplements would be the most effective and have the best appetite suppressor. I was going to order some Slim SX but they discontinued it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Paul.
I wouldn't recommend supplements for fat loss at your age, Paul. get your DIET sorted out and you should be fine!

Also a note that you should get your body composition checked (if you don't know it already) and aim for a specific BODY COMPOSITION and do NOT focus on weight, as weight is irrelevant, and you do NOT want to lose lean mass.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend supplements for fat loss at your age, Paul. get your DIET sorted out and you should be fine!

Also a note that you should get your body composition checked (if you don't know it already) and aim for a specific BODY COMPOSITION and do NOT focus on weight, as weight is irrelevant, and you do NOT want to lose lean mass.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
He's right buddy ... your way too young to be using supps as a crutch. Diet alone will help you drop those 15lbs. At your age, you should be able to eat pretty much whatever you want and lose weight ... that is, if your exercise routine is tight.

Then again, exercise might not even be necessary; it wasnt in my case. When I was 18-19yrs old, I simply cut all sodas, alcohol, and junk food out of my diet and lost 22lbs without exercise and while still eating like the former fat kid I used to be (healhty food choices though). But then again, that was me ...

Wait on the supps though,
Sprt

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i don't understand how people in their 20s and beyond still confuse 'loose' with 'lose'.

also, some wise ass will probably critique my grammar now.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't understand how people in their 20s and beyond still confuse 'loose' with 'lose'.
I was just thinking the same thing. I always assume it's just my OCD coupled with the fact that I teach grammar to 5th and 6th graders. The misuse of there/their/they're is another pet peeve of mine. I try not to be the grammar police, but sh#t like that drives me bonkers. I should just become an editor and get paid for my anal retentiveness. :lol:

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
by the way for what its worth. ^^^^ he is not is he, its a she. and she is totally smart about alot of stuff. take her advice, its solid.

edit: I didn't mean you are an it, please don't take it like that.

heavypieces

heavypieces

Awards
keep a log of your total calories. adjust total caloric intake to lose weight.