Trying to loose weight!

  1. Registered User
    Paul D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    59

    Trying to loose weight!


    Hey guys, im currently 17, 6 feet and i weigh 220 pounds, im trying to cut down to 205 for now and then start lifting. Im wondering what supplements would be the most effective and have the best appetite suppressor. I was going to order some Slim SX but they discontinued it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    -Paul.

  2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kiwi in the United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    194004

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Hey guys, im currently 17, 6 feet and i weigh 220 pounds, im trying to cut down to 205 for now and then start lifting. Im wondering what supplements would be the most effective and have the best appetite suppressor. I was going to order some Slim SX but they discontinued it. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    -Paul.
    I wouldn't recommend supplements for fat loss at your age, Paul. get your DIET sorted out and you should be fine!

    Also a note that you should get your body composition checked (if you don't know it already) and aim for a specific BODY COMPOSITION and do NOT focus on weight, as weight is irrelevant, and you do NOT want to lose lean mass.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. On a Mission!
    SprtNvolcoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    432

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    I wouldn't recommend supplements for fat loss at your age, Paul. get your DIET sorted out and you should be fine!

    Also a note that you should get your body composition checked (if you don't know it already) and aim for a specific BODY COMPOSITION and do NOT focus on weight, as weight is irrelevant, and you do NOT want to lose lean mass.

    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    He's right buddy ... your way too young to be using supps as a crutch. Diet alone will help you drop those 15lbs. At your age, you should be able to eat pretty much whatever you want and lose weight ... that is, if your exercise routine is tight.

    Then again, exercise might not even be necessary; it wasnt in my case. When I was 18-19yrs old, I simply cut all sodas, alcohol, and junk food out of my diet and lost 22lbs without exercise and while still eating like the former fat kid I used to be (healhty food choices though). But then again, that was me ...

    Wait on the supps though,
    Sprt
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Paul D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    59

    Thanks guys! Ill try it out!
  5. Registered User
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    2247

    i don't understand how people in their 20s and beyond still confuse 'loose' with 'lose'.


    also, some wise ass will probably critique my grammar now.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  6. Registered User
    rubberring's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,933
    Rep Power
    5420

    Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    i don't understand how people in their 20s and beyond still confuse 'loose' with 'lose'.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I always assume it's just my OCD coupled with the fact that I teach grammar to 5th and 6th graders. The misuse of there/their/they're is another pet peeve of mine. I try not to be the grammar police, but sh#t like that drives me bonkers. I should just become an editor and get paid for my anal retentiveness.
    RTR.
  7. Registered User
    benj851's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    shhhh! I'm hiding.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,397
    Rep Power
    764

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    I wouldn't recommend supplements for fat loss at your age, Paul. get your DIET sorted out and you should be fine!

    Also a note that you should get your body composition checked (if you don't know it already) and aim for a specific BODY COMPOSITION and do NOT focus on weight, as weight is irrelevant, and you do NOT want to lose lean mass.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    by the way for what its worth. ^^^^ he is not is he, its a she. and she is totally smart about alot of stuff. take her advice, its solid.


    edit: I didn't mean you are an it, please don't take it like that.
  8. Registered User
    heavypieces's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    177

    keep a log of your total calories. adjust total caloric intake to lose weight.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Nephew needs to loose weight
    By Layddually in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
  2. Hold weight and loose BF?
    By mcgeier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM
  3. Noob wants to loose weight!
    By ich1ban in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
  4. Should i loose weight on this diet?
    By deuce747 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in