Should I cut?

  1. Registered User
    BigBCanada's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    42
    Answers
    0

    Should I cut?


    Should I cut? I am 205lbs at 14% body fat. I'm going to Florida in December and I'm wondering if I should cut for 4 weeks before going.

    I would think that the maximum weight I can lose is 8lbs, that would bring me down to what bf % if I'm at 14% right now.


    Thank you.

  2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBCanada View Post
    Should I cut? I am 205lbs at 14% body fat. I'm going to Florida in December and I'm wondering if I should cut for 4 weeks before going.

    I would think that the maximum weight I can lose is 8lbs, that would bring me down to what bf % if I'm at 14% right now.


    Thank you.
    If you do cut, then you should focus on FAT LOSS (i.e body composition) and NOT at how much weight you can/want to lose.

    To safely lose bodyfat (BF), 0.5% BF loss a week is recommended, but some can get away with losing up to 0.7% BF a week. Remember that whilst losing BF is the target when cutting, the primary objective is ALWAYS to MAINTAIN the LEAN MASS that you have!

    Therefore, realistically you could expect to be between 11-12% BF in 4 weeks. Keeping your current lean body mass your weight loss should be between 7.5-9.3lb, but ALL of it from BF.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    BigBCanada's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    42
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    If you do cut, then you should focus on FAT LOSS (i.e body composition) and NOT at how much weight you can/want to lose.

    To safely lose bodyfat (BF), 0.5% BF loss a week is recommended, but some can get away with losing up to 0.7% BF a week. Remember that whilst losing BF is the target when cutting, the primary objective is ALWAYS to MAINTAIN the LEAN MASS that you have!

    Therefore, realistically you could expect to be between 11-12% BF in 4 weeks. Keeping your current lean body mass your weight loss should be between 7.5-9.3lb, but ALL of it from BF.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Thanks a lot for your input.

    But how do I do that? I really hope I can keep all my muscle mass! Do you have a guide or anything? I really hope I can get down to 11%!

    Thanks!
    •   
       

  4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBCanada View Post
    Thanks a lot for your input.

    But how do I do that? I really hope I can keep all my muscle mass! Do you have a guide or anything? I really hope I can get down to 11%!

    Thanks!
    You ensure that your calories are not too low. You don't over train. I personally would recommend calorie/carbohydrate cycling; this is what I have found to be the most effective for this. Otherwise, read my article The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for a complete guide of what to do.

    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    illgixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    250
    Answers
    0


    Can you expand a bit on what you mean by calorie/carbohydrate cycling exactly?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by illgixxer View Post
    Can you expand a bit on what you mean by calorie/carbohydrate cycling exactly?
    Cycle your calories. For example, if fat loss is desired, have 2-4 days lower than Maintenance calories, and then 1-2 days either at Maintenance or at higher than Maintenance calories (usually the extra calories come from carbohydrates).

    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Registered User
    mjm007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Answers
    0


    I would try the CKD Diet for a couple of weeks, with a couple of carb load days either on the weekend or one on the weekend and one during the week, depending on your energy level and if you need that extra boost or not.
  8. Registered User
    BigBCanada's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    42
    Answers
    0


    Yeah. I just found a good diet though. The Dave Palumbo's diet, I heard it's really good but I won't be cutting right now. I decided to just bulk untill April!
  •   

      
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in