Should I cut?

BigBCanada

Awards
Should I cut? I am 205lbs at 14% body fat. I'm going to Florida in December and I'm wondering if I should cut for 4 weeks before going.

I would think that the maximum weight I can lose is 8lbs, that would bring me down to what bf % if I'm at 14% right now.

Thank you.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should I cut? I am 205lbs at 14% body fat. I'm going to Florida in December and I'm wondering if I should cut for 4 weeks before going.

I would think that the maximum weight I can lose is 8lbs, that would bring me down to what bf % if I'm at 14% right now.

Thank you.
If you do cut, then you should focus on FAT LOSS (i.e body composition) and NOT at how much weight you can/want to lose.

To safely lose bodyfat (BF), 0.5% BF loss a week is recommended, but some can get away with losing up to 0.7% BF a week. Remember that whilst losing BF is the target when cutting, the primary objective is ALWAYS to MAINTAIN the LEAN MASS that you have!

Therefore, realistically you could expect to be between 11-12% BF in 4 weeks. Keeping your current lean body mass your weight loss should be between 7.5-9.3lb, but ALL of it from BF.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

BigBCanada

Awards
If you do cut, then you should focus on FAT LOSS (i.e body composition) and NOT at how much weight you can/want to lose.

To safely lose bodyfat (BF), 0.5% BF loss a week is recommended, but some can get away with losing up to 0.7% BF a week. Remember that whilst losing BF is the target when cutting, the primary objective is ALWAYS to MAINTAIN the LEAN MASS that you have!

Therefore, realistically you could expect to be between 11-12% BF in 4 weeks. Keeping your current lean body mass your weight loss should be between 7.5-9.3lb, but ALL of it from BF.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Thanks a lot for your input.

But how do I do that? I really hope I can keep all my muscle mass! Do you have a guide or anything? I really hope I can get down to 11%!

Thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks a lot for your input.

But how do I do that? I really hope I can keep all my muscle mass! Do you have a guide or anything? I really hope I can get down to 11%!

Thanks!
You ensure that your calories are not too low. You don't over train. I personally would recommend calorie/carbohydrate cycling; this is what I have found to be the most effective for this. Otherwise, read my article The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for a complete guide of what to do.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
Can you expand a bit on what you mean by calorie/carbohydrate cycling exactly?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you expand a bit on what you mean by calorie/carbohydrate cycling exactly?
Cycle your calories. For example, if fat loss is desired, have 2-4 days lower than Maintenance calories, and then 1-2 days either at Maintenance or at higher than Maintenance calories (usually the extra calories come from carbohydrates).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

mjm007

Awards
I would try the CKD Diet for a couple of weeks, with a couple of carb load days either on the weekend or one on the weekend and one during the week, depending on your energy level and if you need that extra boost or not.

BigBCanada

Awards
Yeah. I just found a good diet though. The Dave Palumbo's diet, I heard it's really good but I won't be cutting right now. I decided to just bulk untill April!