morning cardio and protein shake?

saafanco

Awards
so i started doing morning cardio 4x a week...i usually drink a shake wiht 40g of protein and carbs afterwards...was just wondering if it would be OK to start drinking this shake in the middle of my cardio routine each morning, cuz i feel like i'm burning too much muscle by doing early morning cardio.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
so i started doing morning cardio 4x a week...i usually drink a shake wiht 40g of protein and carbs afterwards...was just wondering if it would be OK to start drinking this shake in the middle of my cardio routine each morning, cuz i feel like i'm burning too much muscle by doing early morning cardio.
You can do what you want. As far as "burning muscle" during early morning cardio; you are not going to do that unless you are eating too far below Maintenance. If your energy intake is sufficient for fat loss whilst retaining the muscle that you have then you will not have a problem.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

gwatt

Awards
Drinking it in the middle would ruin the point of morning cardio because the protein will cause an insulin spike ruining the fat burning process. Just drink it immediately after.