how fast can someone drop 10% bf?

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
basic story is, i wanted to join the military all throughout high school. decided to give football another shot after hs, spent my time working out and bulking for junior college football. now i really want to leave my school and join the military.

im 6'2" and 300 lbs. with 34%bf. and need to get down to 25 to be eligible to join. so how fast can do you thik this be done with good diet and hard work?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how fast is not the answer. all you have to do is eat very low calories or do not eat anything at all. that is not good for your body though.

if your goal is to keep as much muscle as possible then 1 - 1.5(depending on how hard you are training grams of protein) lower carbs(you can go keto but these work for a short period of time -i like six months, not a good idea all the time) make sure you are taking in 20 % fat for testosterone production

when you diet , especially hard,testosterone drops as it is so make sure you keep the healthy fats at least 20 %.

if your goal is to just lose weight maybe try keto diet. i felt like ish on it though. keto is more of a quick fix and remember this is a life long thing. so for a quikc start you could do this

i do not think hcg diet is healthy 500 calories per day and I do not recommend it..but you would drop a lot of weight

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I dont really understand the whole hcg diet thing anyhow....

I thought HCG was simply a synthetic function of LH on your testosterone production. How is a higher LH going to burn fat...?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
basic story is, i wanted to join the military all throughout high school. decided to give football another shot after hs, spent my time working out and bulking for junior college football. now i really want to leave my school and join the military.

im 6'2" and 300 lbs. with 34%bf. and need to get down to 25 to be eligible to join. so how fast can do you thik this be done with good diet and hard work?
If you want to SAFELY lose it and KEEP it off, then allow for ~0.5% decrease in bodyfat per WEEK. You're looking at 18-27 weeks to go from 34% BF to 25% BF AND MAINTAIN the lean body mass that you currently have. Remember that the faster you lose it, the less likely you are to keep it off; and while you are losing bodyfat you do NOT want to also be losing muscle.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
thanks for your help. im thinking low carbs high protein and Hiit? i want aim for about 6 months or so to reach this goal. and i figure i need to lose atleast 50 lbs. to get to 25%. how many carbs do you think i should be consuming in a day?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
use t3 + clen + 1400cals/day and you will lose alot of weight.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont really understand the whole hcg diet thing anyhow....

I thought HCG was simply a synthetic function of LH on your testosterone production. How is a higher LH going to burn fat...?
I do not understand it either. I was referencing the hcg diet which is 500 calories per day. a recipe for muscle loss in my opinion..but you could go this route, it is not the best route.

the best route is to do it slowly..find your bmr (how many caloires it takes to maintain) cut it by 200-300 and weight every week. when the scale stops budging go 200-300 down and so on and so forth.

I can not use hgc because I compete in the NGA

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
natrauly? ----- 6-7months around 1.5%/month is avg. thought ull probably see a bigger results in the begining and as u progress ur diet les and less fat will be burned off so u gogtta keep switchin it around

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
natrauly? ----- 6-7months around 1.5%/month is avg. thought ull probably see a bigger results in the begining and as u progress ur diet les and less fat will be burned off so u gogtta keep switchin it around
Alright thanks man, how long would it take Unnaturally?

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
dude if you are going the military route, stay naturally. Rosie had it right. Do this safe and take your time. How much and what type of cardio are you currently doing? Smeton also had a good caloric reduction for you. What you need to do is start a new thread, or keep this one if you want, and post your diet and exercise program. That way a few of us can help you along the way. If you have 6 months for a goal, we will help you get there. There are some basic supps that can help, but that should NOT be your focus. Get the diet and training wired in and when that is 100% on line, then add the supps. Many on this site recommend this so you won't blow $$$. If you have more detailed questions, PM me bro. Always here to help.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Not really specific advice on how, but more advice on prep. Your main cardio focus should be running. It will help you more than anything else for basic. What branch are you considering? Also, I assume theyre doing the crappy tape test, in which case your recruiter can show you how to cheat the tape. You want a thick neck and small waist. Tilt your head back and hold the bunch it makes when you bring your chin back forward. Hard to explain, but do it in the mirror and you'll see what I am saying. Waist is obvious, suck it in. You may have to do these subtly if you have a **** taping you, but once you get in you're in, and you'll do nothing but improve through basic.

Keep in mind, any supps you take now won't be available in basic and MOS school.

Like I said, I can give you advice on prep more than anything. I ALWAYS have to be taped because they want me to weigh 211 or something at 6'3", and that will never happen. So, it's good that you're not sweating height and weight and focusing more on the bf, but I would keep the pt test and basic in mind as youre doing this.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
why don't you just buy some of appnut's HGHup? there new product has proven that results of a 20% loss of body fat can happen in just six weeks.

That should help you with your goal right?

just take a pill...

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
btw that was a joke and no offense to app nut, I love a bunch of their products...

specially lipopm and rpm, and the ONE!!!!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
When it comes to leaning down/cutting I usually aim for 1% BF per week (I typically average around .75% per week though). Also I typically increase my protein intake 25% more than on my bulking diet while cutting my carbs and fats by 50% This puts me around the lines of 350-400G protein and 200-250G carb and 10-50G fat per day. I limit my cardio to my off gym days, I do a 3 day split working each muscle 2x per week so it will be a bit like this:

Monday *lift*
Tuesday *cardio*
Wednesday *lift*
Thursday *cardio*
Friday *lift*
Saturday *cardio*
Sunday REST!

My cardio I prefer to do 2x per day on the cardio days, however each time I do it is only for 15 minutes going at my 100% intensity (30 second sprint, 1 minute walk, for 15 minutes)

The weight lifting is similar to a 5x5 strength program where I will only do 1 exercise per body part and I will lift for 5 rep maxes however I drop the number of sets to 3 and depending on the exercise I will increase the reps to 8 rep maxes. I try not to burn any MORE than 1000 calories per day on lifting days and no LESS than 1500 on cardio days. Remember it is when you get greedy and demand fast results that you will lose your hard earned muscle....

Obviously cut out cheating on your diet as much as possible however like posted somewhere above make sure you do allow yourself 1 real cheat MEAL (not day) per week. Due to your kicked up T3 levels and your rushing metabolism you can pretty much completely splurge on that meal (I love Chinese buffets 2 large plates of Generals Tso's Chicken ;)) You will notice you gained weight the next day but you will only carry it for like 2 days max as it is all just the sodium making you hold water like a sponge.

As to magic pills quit looking for a bandaid and address the problem at the source. Keep to a good diet (not necessarily a fad diet like people throw around on here) but instead a diet that you can adhere to and not get tired of, then make sure you burn more calories than intake and it will all come naturally.

I don't have enough posts to be allowed to post links or pictures yet but if you check my bodyspace profile bmcjames you can see that I do know a thing or 2 about leaning out

-James

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went from 34% in december to 18% now, though my journey I tried eating clean( complex carb, healthy fat, high protein), dcp/levi stack, eca stack, and keto diet. For me what I thought was the best was keto while on ECA. Broke me right though my platau and is what I would recomend. Don't get me wrong DCP/LEVI was a great stack and helped me kick start my BF loss journey but I think ECA worked the best for me. BTW my body type is a endomorph, I respond bad to carbs, gain weight real easily, so this is why I tend to like a keto approach to dieting

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Make sure you do it right bro, don't try to rush it.

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
Bump for for who asked for an update. sorry it took a while i didnt think i was getting more responses but thanks to everyone. well truth is i was around 311 when i posed this. now my weight floats from 283-293. ive been cleaning up my diet and kicking the fast food but no real hardcore dieting yet. it sounds cliche but im waiting for the new year. (that way all holiday food and what not will be gone lol). im gonna start doing cardio in the morning and weight training in the afternoon. my main focus for cardio will be HIIT. but i will also be fitting some long runs in as well. ive kinda narrowed my military choices to army and navy. now the navy you need to be 25% bodyfat if you dont meet the height and weight requirements. and a recruiter told me at 6'2" i need to be 231lbs, so im trying to make myself prepared for both. but i hope to be 250 around march/april. and 230ish around june/july. im shooting for these months but id be happy being done around august.

Karikaru

Awards
May as well run for your cardio since you will have to pass a PFT in basic (and it's highly recommended that you can pass it before you go) where you have to run 2 miles in under 18mins iiirc.

brooksy3434

Awards
dont join the army or navy.....go Marine infantry...

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
I wont lie, when I was in the military and had a body % taping coming up... I would get on helios. Two weeks of Helios did wonders

reppinthe202

Awards
hey man i was in the same boat kinda i was 235 at 5 6 at 17 and idk what my bf was at but i know it was high.I wanted to join the army but i had to get down to 28% it took me 3months to get down to 189 at 22% when i went to meps for tape and weigh in..basically i was eating alot of bad food and soda..all i did was drink water kick the fast food,ate leaner meats,worked out 4 times a day and each time i worked out i did 35min of cardio on the eliptical and also ran too just to prepare for basic.and i did this on no supplements at all because i didnt know anything about them.lol Now i just take whey and looking for a weigh loss stack to stay but i wanna do more reasearch and all...Now i been mainting my weight at 180 at 5 7and am slowly getting getting to my goal ,and my max bench is 230 now after 5months in the gym....and My MOS(job) for the army is 35N (signal intelligence analyst) i picked it so with the top secret clearance i could possibly get a good job when i decide to leave....infantry is not for me..lol but of course army will tell u join army ,and marines will tell you to join the marines and the air force will tell you to join the air force and so on...

snyper2k2

Awards
..basically i was eating alot of bad food and soda..all i did was drink water kick the fast food,ate leaner meats,worked out 4 times a day and each time i worked out i did 35min of cardio on the eliptical
4 times a week you mean?

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
hey man i was in the same boat kinda i was 235 at 5 6 at 17 and idk what my bf was at but i know it was high.I wanted to join the army but i had to get down to 28% it took me 3months to get down to 189 at 22% when i went to meps for tape and weigh in..basically i was eating alot of bad food and soda..all i did was drink water kick the fast food,ate leaner meats,worked out 4 times a day and each time i worked out i did 35min of cardio on the eliptical and also ran too just to prepare for basic.and i did this on no supplements at all because i didnt know anything about them.lol Now i just take whey and looking for a weigh loss stack to stay but i wanna do more reasearch and all...Now i been mainting my weight at 180 at 5 7and am slowly getting getting to my goal ,and my max bench is 230 now after 5months in the gym....and My MOS(job) for the army is 35N (signal intelligence analyst) i picked it so with the top secret clearance i could possibly get a good job when i decide to leave....infantry is not for me..lol but of course army will tell u join army ,and marines will tell you to join the marines and the air force will tell you to join the air force and so on...
Not true always, I was army and I will tell everyone to join airforce! If you want a career, a family, and enjoy being home... Airforce is the way to go.