Need help droppin weight!!

1. Need help droppin weight!!

Hey guys. I'm 17, 6'4. 209 pounds & 18% body fat. I need help dropping 15 pounds but still maintaing the mass and muscle I got. I do play about 2-3 hours of basketball a day and workout 5 days a week ,but something must be wrong with my diet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. post your diet
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ShanSand View Post
    Hey guys. I'm 17, 6'4. 209 pounds & 18% body fat. I need help dropping 15 pounds but still maintaing the mass and muscle I got. I do play about 2-3 hours of basketball a day and workout 5 days a week ,but something must be wrong with my diet. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss; it gives you enough information that you should be able to make any adjustments to your nutrition and training.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

4. for as much as guejsn posts her 3 keys to fat loss, it should be a sticky.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

5. Breakfast-bagel,a apple, 1/2 cup oats
    Lunch- pasta, protein shake.
    Afterschool meal-chicken breast, milk, banana
    Before basketball or workout- fruits, water,small protein shake
    Dinner-Rice or pasta . Glass of 2% milk
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ShanSand View Post
    Breakfast-bagel,a apple, 1/2 cup oats
    Lunch- pasta, protein shake.
    Afterschool meal-chicken breast, milk, banana
    Before basketball or workout- fruits, water,small protein shake
    Dinner-Rice or pasta . Glass of 2% milk
    i see too many carbs and not enough protein/fats.

what times do you eat? what are the gaps between your meals? try to eat every 2-3h. even if you'll end up eating 6-7, times that's alright.
    - bf: no protein? eggs maybe? or throw some protein powder over these oats...kick the bagel and up the oats to 1 cup.
    - lunch: is the pasta whole grain? if not get another carb source.
    - is the milk necessary for that afterschool meal?
    - dinner: no protein? how about some eggs/tuna/lean beef? again whole grain pasta or brown rice only or even better veggies.
    - implement a prebead protein snack. i.e. cottage cheese.

and throw in some nuts, evoo and maybe some fish oils.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    i see too many carbs and not enough protein/fats.

what times do you eat? what are the gaps between your meals? try to eat every 2-3h. even if you'll end up eating 6-7, times that's alright.
    - bf: no protein? eggs maybe? or throw some protein powder over these oats...kick the bagel and up the oats to 1 cup.
    - lunch: is the pasta whole grain? if not get another carb source.
    - is the milk necessary for that afterschool meal?
    - dinner: no protein? how about some eggs/tuna/lean beef? again whole grain pasta or brown rice only or even better veggies.
    - implement a prebead protein snack. i.e. cottage cheese.

and throw in some nuts, evoo and maybe some fish oils.

you dont need to eat 7 times a day. unless you want them to eat 250 cal meals every 2 hrs, which would be a massive pain in the ass.

i suggest eating 4 meals, and a prebed snack - maybe whey and water, and some natural peanut butter.

a good thing to do to make sure you have enough protein throughout the day is cook 3lbs of 93% beef ( around $2.80/lb at walmart) every couple days. its a fact that when you dont have food ready to go, you make bad choices.

above all, you need a diet plan. google UD 2.0, or CKD. these are the easiest to stay on because there is a clear line of what you can eat, or not.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

8. add protein to breakfast, drop the bagel. drop the pasta from lunch, have a salad, add protein to dinner. easy. scrambled eggs for breakfast, and more chicken breast or tuna with dinner

9. Thanks alot guys. Will take all that info.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Droppin this extra weight!!
    By NickyZ46 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 07:30 AM
  3. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM