Need help droppin weight!!

ShanSand

Awards
Hey guys. I'm 17, 6'4. 209 pounds & 18% body fat. I need help dropping 15 pounds but still maintaing the mass and muscle I got. I do play about 2-3 hours of basketball a day and workout 5 days a week ,but something must be wrong with my diet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys. I'm 17, 6'4. 209 pounds & 18% body fat. I need help dropping 15 pounds but still maintaing the mass and muscle I got. I do play about 2-3 hours of basketball a day and workout 5 days a week ,but something must be wrong with my diet. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss; it gives you enough information that you should be able to make any adjustments to your nutrition and training.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
for as much as guejsn posts her 3 keys to fat loss, it should be a sticky.

ShanSand

Awards
Breakfast-bagel,a apple, 1/2 cup oats
Lunch- pasta, protein shake.
Afterschool meal-chicken breast, milk, banana
Before basketball or workout- fruits, water,small protein shake
Dinner-Rice or pasta . Glass of 2% milk

Mindless

Awards
Breakfast-bagel,a apple, 1/2 cup oats
Lunch- pasta, protein shake.
Afterschool meal-chicken breast, milk, banana
Before basketball or workout- fruits, water,small protein shake
Dinner-Rice or pasta . Glass of 2% milk
i see too many carbs and not enough protein/fats.

what times do you eat? what are the gaps between your meals? try to eat every 2-3h. even if you'll end up eating 6-7, times that's alright.
- bf: no protein? eggs maybe? or throw some protein powder over these oats...kick the bagel and up the oats to 1 cup.
- lunch: is the pasta whole grain? if not get another carb source.
- is the milk necessary for that afterschool meal?
- dinner: no protein? how about some eggs/tuna/lean beef? again whole grain pasta or brown rice only or even better veggies.
- implement a prebead protein snack. i.e. cottage cheese.

and throw in some nuts, evoo and maybe some fish oils.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i see too many carbs and not enough protein/fats.

what times do you eat? what are the gaps between your meals? try to eat every 2-3h. even if you'll end up eating 6-7, times that's alright.
- bf: no protein? eggs maybe? or throw some protein powder over these oats...kick the bagel and up the oats to 1 cup.
- lunch: is the pasta whole grain? if not get another carb source.
- is the milk necessary for that afterschool meal?
- dinner: no protein? how about some eggs/tuna/lean beef? again whole grain pasta or brown rice only or even better veggies.
- implement a prebead protein snack. i.e. cottage cheese.

and throw in some nuts, evoo and maybe some fish oils.

you dont need to eat 7 times a day. unless you want them to eat 250 cal meals every 2 hrs, which would be a massive pain in the ass.

i suggest eating 4 meals, and a prebed snack - maybe whey and water, and some natural peanut butter.

a good thing to do to make sure you have enough protein throughout the day is cook 3lbs of 93% beef ( around $2.80/lb at walmart) every couple days. its a fact that when you dont have food ready to go, you make bad choices.

above all, you need a diet plan. google UD 2.0, or CKD. these are the easiest to stay on because there is a clear line of what you can eat, or not.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
add protein to breakfast, drop the bagel. drop the pasta from lunch, have a salad, add protein to dinner. easy. scrambled eggs for breakfast, and more chicken breast or tuna with dinner