I need help cutting weight!

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
Hey there...I really need help dropping weight...I'm pretty frustrated, I eat pretty clean and I workout a lot...I do weight lifting and cardio...I actually prefer weight lifting to cardio...I am now doing lower weight, higher reps w/ my sets and here's a look at my diet if anyone could help or give me some advice I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Meal 1 (Breakfast): 1/2 cup oatmeal plain w/ 2tbsp of honey, protien shake w/ NF Milk
Meal 2: Protien Bar, Apple
Meal 3 (Lunch): Tuna w/ NF Mayo (1-2 tbsp), Pepper and almonds
Meal 4: Protien shake w/ NF milk, almonds
Meal 5 (dinner): 1-1.5 ckn breast (depends how hungry I am), snow peas

Usually comes out to about 1800 cals...I sometimes throw in another protien bar if I'm starving...I go between 150-155lbs right now and want to cut down to 140...I also have a lot of muscle hence I work as a firefighter so I can't be a string bean! Thank you for looking at this!

Sincerely,
Ally

ps. I sometimes have a cup of coffee in the am and the supplements I'm on are:

Muti Vitamin 1x a day
Amino Acids 3x a day
Thremo Burn (Fat Burner) 2x a day
Fish Oils x1 a day
Formadrol x1 a day

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Your diet doesn't look like you have many carbohydrates and too much protein. I'll keep this simple and say carbohydrates fuel fatty acid & amino acid oxidation. However, too many carbohydrates will shift metabolic substrates to primarily carbohydrates instead of lipids (carbohydrates not being stored as fat) just reducing lipolysis. Also, higher plasma insulin will increase lipid uptake. A commonly recommended ratio is 50/30/20 (carb/protein/fat). And always a caloric deficit is a must.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey there...I really need help dropping weight...I'm pretty frustrated, I eat pretty clean and I workout a lot...I do weight lifting and cardio...I actually prefer weight lifting to cardio...I am now doing lower weight, higher reps w/ my sets and here's a look at my diet if anyone could help or give me some advice I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Meal 1 (Breakfast): 1/2 cup oatmeal plain w/ 2tbsp of honey, protien shake w/ NF Milk
Meal 2: Protien Bar, Apple
Meal 3 (Lunch): Tuna w/ NF Mayo (1-2 tbsp), Pepper and almonds
Meal 4: Protien shake w/ NF milk, almonds
Meal 5 (dinner): 1-1.5 ckn breast (depends how hungry I am), snow peas

Usually comes out to about 1800 cals...I sometimes throw in another protien bar if I'm starving...I go between 150-155lbs right now and want to cut down to 140...I also have a lot of muscle hence I work as a firefighter so I can't be a string bean! Thank you for looking at this!

Sincerely,
Ally

ps. I sometimes have a cup of coffee in the am and the supplements I'm on are:

Muti Vitamin 1x a day
Amino Acids 3x a day
Thremo Burn (Fat Burner) 2x a day
Fish Oils x1 a day
Formadrol x1 a day
First, don't be concerned about WEIGHT loss. Do you really care if you're NOT 140lb as long as you're leaner? You should be concentrated on BODY COMPOSITION. If you lose too much weight you will definitely lose muscle, which is the LAST thing you want to do.

I recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss; it tells you what you need to know re diet and training for fat loss.

Re diet, doesn't look like you're eating enough, especially if you're active (the more active you are the more you can eat and still lose fat). As mentioned, too low of carbohydrates. You should never be "starving".

If you are doing resistance training I recommend adding creatine in as a staple. I don't see Formadrol as necessary.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
Hey thanks for the advice! I'm never "starving" I know I wrote that...and yea I guarentee you I'm eating enough, I'm never hungry...why dont you see the need for formadrol? I mainly take it to help me build more solid muscle, it definitly helps!I just want to lose bodyfat...I need to measure my body fat

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey thanks for the advice! I'm never "starving" I know I wrote that...and yea I guarentee you I'm eating enough, I'm never hungry...why dont you see the need for formadrol? I mainly take it to help me build more solid muscle, it definitly helps!I just want to lose bodyfat...I need to measure my body fat
The best supp besides the staples would be a good thermogenic fat burner. Also, I recommend going to .... and doing a search on cutting or fat loss workouts for women. There are a TON of great articles on there that will help you out as well. Goodluck.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
It's funny how the majority of people often ignore someone with a master's degree in exercise physiology (soon to be doctoral student) with documented research to point them in the right direction. Yet, everyone always seeks a 'supplement' instead of learning how their body works.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
It's funny how the majority of people often ignore someone with a master's degree in exercise physiology (soon to be doctoral student) with documented research to point them in the right direction. Yet, everyone always seeks a 'supplement' instead of learning how their body works.
supplements are great.

eca/clen/t3/eviscerate :cheers:

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
supplements are great.

eca/clen/t3/eviscerate :cheers:
Clen/t3 are illegal drugs, not supplements. Regardless, it doesn't change body's own physiological processes; they only speed up some metabolic processes. If one still doesn't know how to optimize this, they won't see miracle results. There are no miracle pills, easy off-easy on. It takes hard work and dedication.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Try complexes!!

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/rebuild_yourself_with_complexes&cr=

Also heres a little more info:

Calories:

1 lb of fat = 3500 calories. If you take your currently avg consumed calories, say you normally eat 3000 calories a day, and reduce it by 500, resulting in 2500 calories per day, then after 1 week you will have lost 1 lb of fat (500cal x 7 = 3500cal). Also if you increase your normal daily activity/exercise to burn an additional 500cals then you could burn another 1lb per week (500cal x 7 = 3500cal). That is a total of 2 lbs of fat (most of it would be fat but not technically 100%) lost per week. After 1 month you would have lost 8 lbs of fat with only a slight decrease in total calories and an increase in daily exercise.

Carbohydrates:

Carbs are the second type of fuel for your body. Most importantly carbs will fuel your muscles with glycogen which is used when you work out especially when you weight train. Not all carbs are created equal, instead they are normally classified by their Glycemic Index. Glycemic index is the measurement of effects carbs have on blood sugar levels. Basically high GI carbs will digest quickly thus quickly increasing your blood sugar levels which will then spike insulin which if done prior to exercise it will cause the carbs you just ate to be stored as fat. After you workout you can eat high GI carbs because your body will have depleted your glycogen stores in the muscles you worked out and the insulin spike will then be triggered to transport the carbs to your muscles as glycogen instead of turning them into fat cells for storage.

Carb Rules:

* Consume low GI carbs during your normal meals (green vegetables are the best by far)
* Consume high GI carbs immediately after your workout (corn, potatoes, white bread, dextrose)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can only know that you are eating enough if you know your Maintenance and then how many calories you are consuming in total daily.

Formadrol is an AI and I would not recommend an AI to a female (AIs eliminate estrogen), as they can decrease your femininity and the traits that make you female (do you even know the mechanism of an AI?) There are better products out there for a female to use to "build more solid muscle". The best option IMO is a natural Growth Hormone booster, since Growth Hormone is what determines a females' relative leanness and ability to gain muscle mass.

Sounds like you want to gain muscle AND lose fat. If you want to recomp then this is possible, but takes a long time and patience and perfect manipulation of nutrition and training.

I suggest that you read the article linked above and fill in the gaps in your nutrition, training, and supplementation programme.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its funny how you continue to post the same things and talk about how there is documented research yet you never post online links to the actual research or give people the information to look it up themselves on pubmed. Maybe people would take you more seriously if you did

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
its funny how you continue to post the same things and talk about how there is documented research yet you never post online links to the actual research or give people the information to look it up themselves on pubmed. Maybe people would take you more seriously if you did
I dont take anyone serious who says that someone is taking "too much" protein. You can never take too much protein!!

:p

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
You must not follow my posts much then. Doesn't matter anymore, I've tried and tried. Too many ignorant people on this forum to try to educate. So, go ahead and let the bad information flow. Apparently I cannot reason with ignorance.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I dont take anyone serious who says that someone is taking "too much" protein. You can never take too much protein!!

:p
Oh and carbohydrates do not contribute hardly any to adipose de novo lipogenesis in humans. Have fun with that one :01:

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
Milk, Honey, Mayo.
Id sub those with Peanut butter/ EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)/ Full fat mayo.
IMO its little things that stall progress and milk did it for me

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Clen/t3 are illegal drugs, not supplements. Regardless, it doesn't change body's own physiological processes; they only speed up some metabolic processes. If one still doesn't know how to optimize this, they won't see miracle results. There are no miracle pills, easy off-easy on. It takes hard work and dedication.

you are ordering it online from a website. its not really different than going to nutraplanet and getting them.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Your diet doesn't look like you have many carbohydrates and too much protein. I'll keep this simple and say carbohydrates fuel fatty acid & amino acid oxidation. However, too many carbohydrates will shift metabolic substrates to primarily carbohydrates instead of lipids (carbohydrates not being stored as fat) just reducing lipolysis. Also, higher plasma insulin will increase lipid uptake. A commonly recommended ratio is 50/30/20 (carb/protein/fat). And always a caloric deficit is a must.

you're nuts dude if you think 50% calories coming from carbs is the best weight loss route.

CKD/UD 2.0 are the best for shredding.

also, they are easier to follow. also, fat and protein keep you satiated for longer, stimulant fat burners work more effectively, and the line between what you should and shouldn't eat are less blurred.

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
Milk, Honey, Mayo.
Id sub those with Peanut butter/ EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)/ Full fat mayo.
IMO its little things that stall progress and milk did it for me
Are you saying that milk stalled your progress?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats EC and whats HIIT?
EC is Ephedrine/Ephedra and Caffeine. HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training (I cover this in the article I linked you to in post #3).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
whats EC and whats HIIT?
EC = ephedrine/caffeine and some like to throw in aspirin, dose EC at 25mg of E, 200mg of C...I don't know the amount for aspirin since i never included in the stack but some go with 81mg of baby aspirin with each dose

Take this 3 times a day max...I suggest you start off with one dose since you never used it and see how you react to it and increase dosage as desired...

one dose would be: 25mg of Ephedrine and 200mg of Caffeine (takin together)

for HIIT check out --> intervaltraining dot net

good luck.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
EC = ephedrine/caffeine and some like to throw in aspirin, dose EC at 25mg of E, 200mg of C...I don't know the amount for aspirin since i never included in the stack but some go with 81mg of baby aspirin with each dose

Take this 3 times a day max...I suggest you start off with one dose since you never used it and see how you react to it and increase dosage as desired...

one dose would be: 25mg of Ephedrine and 200mg of Caffeine (takin together)

for HIIT check out --> intervaltraining dot net

good luck.
81mg aspirin.

you add the aspirin because it modulates cAMP, and makes the effect of the ephedrine and caffeine last longer. it also stops lipogenesis
(fat creation) from happening. however, the most important reason for the aspirin is to stop arterial scarring from happening from the high blood pressure that you get.

i have no idea why anyone drops the aspirin, or ,even worse, adds yohimbine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cause some of us don't get high blood pressure from it :)

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
cause some of us don't get high blood pressure from it :)
thats awesome that you monitor your blood pressure every time you take ECA, especially when you are taking it fresh from having a huge break.

of course if you take it for 2 months, and you no longer get the massive stimulant effect, you will probably not have the high blood pressure either.

in any case, taking the aspirin is a good idea when using any stimulants.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I picked up a wrist bp monitor for like $25, so I check it regularly. And the wrist ones are more accurate than most arm ones as most arm ones are only accurate to 14" arms :D

BShifter479

BShifter479

Awards
Gosh thank you soo much everyone for their advice! I will have to post a month from now my progress! You are all very awesome and very informative!! God Bless!!

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
[/QUOTE] you add the aspirin because it modulates cAMP, and makes the effect of the ephedrine and caffeine last longer. it also stops lipogenesis
(fat creation) from happening. however, the most important reason for the aspirin is to stop arterial scarring from happening from the high blood pressure that you get.

i have no idea why anyone drops the aspirin, or ,even worse, adds yohimbine.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya brotha...but I don't take the stack for more than 4 weeks at a time...I take 2 weeks off and take benadryl to clean me, plus I go to the docs often since the old lady works in the office..
yessir..!!

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Oh and carbohydrates do not contribute hardly any to adipose de novo lipogenesis in humans. Have fun with that one :01:
I have lots of fun with it and I see great results. Most of my calories used to come from carbs and I was chubby then. Now that I have changed the types of carbs I eat, how much carbs I eat, and when I eat them I am noticeably leaner and I am consuming a higher amount of calories.