Suggestions and help!!!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

Suggestions and help!!!

Alright boys and girls I have done my homework, I think lol.... Here is the diet I have beenrunning for the past few weeks.....
    9:00am wake up work is thirty seconds away (1 package of oatmeal, scoop of muscle milk, amino, and fish oils)

12:00 lunch, work buys me lunch daily (so it will very from a Cobb salad grilled chicken salad, wrap, etc. We order from mulitple places so this where I am hoping for some good suggestions

3:00 consist of a protein snack either two 70 calorie protein bars 5g of protein per bar, or a shake, second dose of amino and fish oil

5:00 gym time ( speed stack pre workout drink after I do my warm up cardio 20 minutes eliptical level five, comes out to about 2.5 miles

8-9 (post workout shake two scoops muscle milk and 5g of mono-creatine, and last dose of amino and fish oil)get home dinner will consist of red meat or 2 chicken breats with some form of vegetable corn, brocoli, peas etc, and some cottage cheese

12 bed time shake or a few hard boiled eggs and some ranch

so I really just want some advice and help an what you guys think this may calculate out to on my calorie intake, 5'7" 210, and would like to get down to 180ish, I work out five days a week cardio all five, take bp throughout the week as well, and will een incorporate some cardio in on the weekend. I wanna incorporate some extra virgin olive oil into my mixes, and well as some fruit in the morning such as a banana, apple, strawberries, or blue berries. So please disect away and be brutually honest, I got the bug and I can not shake it and that's a great thing for me.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

O and I know the muscle milk needs to go I'm gunna order some whey on the fifteenth, pay day!!!!! Wooohooo....and was considering change out the fish oil for flaxe seed oil when the bottle runs out
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.96%

Here are my initial thoughts:
    1) If by "package" of oatmeal you mean the sugar-laden instant microwave kind, scrap it for real oats.
    2) No need to take amino acid supplement with your whey; whey has plenty of aminos already. Take the aminos at other times, including during workout.
    3) Lift some weights for crying out loud.
    4) Avoid starchy vegetables like corn and peas at dinner, since you eat so late.
    5) Ranch? As in ranch dressing? No.
    6) Keep the fish oil, forget about flax oil.

Good Luck
    Deezy
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

Trust me I lift alot of weights lol I'm addicted to the iron cuzzy that's for sure.......lol real oats huh, do I just get those at the grocery store ????
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ticket03 View Post
    O and I know the muscle milk needs to go I'm gunna order some whey on the fifteenth, pay day!!!!! Wooohooo....and was considering change out the fish oil for flaxe seed oil when the bottle runs out

absolutely not.

flax is NOT a substitute for fish oil.

fish oil contains omega 3s, epa and dha, and is researched to have cardiovascular and brain benefits. since your brain is made up of mainly epa and dha. flax contains ala .

omega 6s that are in flax are so easy to get through food like nuts, peanut butter, olive oil , etc. epa and dha are only found in fish oil.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

So would u consider adding flax seed along side the fish oil?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.25%

I am going to agree with alot of what Deezy said. You absolutely need to step up to real oats. I buy a tub of plain old quick oats at the supermarket. You haven't told us what your weight training consists of, or when you do it. I would cycle my carbs while you are trying to lose the bodyfat, so that you hold on to as much of your muscle as possible. 20 mins on the elliptical is fine, but HIIT might be more effective. I would also move the cottage cheese from dinner to your last meal of the day. Forget the eggs and ranch combo. Definitely stick with the fish oil over flax. Whey is a good choice for your protein, hydrolyzed isolates are the best. Not the best choice for right before bed. Muscle milk might be a better choice there, or a Miscellar Casein blend. Aminos are good, but you want to make sure that the focus is on Glutamine and BCAA's. Intra-, and post-WO are good opportunities there. What other supps are you taking? Where are the rest of your healthy fats? Water?
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

Water is all I will drink sometimes I with throw a diet coke in there every so often as a treat, I drink prolly on average 6 to 8 bottles of water a day. I cut addiding milk to my protein shakes, so pretty much the only fluid I intake is water. I work out mon-fri..
    Mon-(chest/tri) flat-incline-decline-dumbell, then two or three various shaping exercise, such as cable crosses, flies, etc. Tris I will do 6 sets of thirty rope, then dumbell behind the head and skull crushers, who knows sometimes throw in a few things with some push ups.

Tue-(back/bi) pull downs, multiple back machines, pulls, pull ups, etc. Bis hammer curls, bar and dumbell, concentration curls, forearm exercises as well are incorporated on this day,

Wed- (leg/shoulders) legs consist of equate, presses, calf raises sitting and standing, a few other machines, leg extensions etc. Then my shoulders I do a press with dumbells and machine, various exercises with dumbells flys, extensionsetc

Thursday-same as Monday
    Friday- same as Tuesday

then on Saturday I will usually go in an do some cardio and abs.

Abs are done mon,wed, fri. Various exercises.

Sorry my termenology isn't up to par but I have been lifting for quite a few years now off and on, so I feel the my weight tring is rather decent. It helps workingout and working with guy that co Peres in strongman competitions, but his goals are far different then mine, but he is a very knowledge man. Other then that I do the eliptical 20 pre workout to warm up the body and then will usually walk on an incline post. Other then that, that's about it if I left so eyhing out shoot.

I really am absolutely addictided to this forum so I hope I will get some good feed back....
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

And my diet is pretty much as posted I am rather consistent and I know that's where I need prolly the most help.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Start packing a lunch and stop eati g whatever your job buys

Change 3pm meal to real food.

Don't spend 3hrs a day in gym. That makes 5 hrs till next meal. You should be able to get your workout in and stick to the 3 hrs between meals.

Look at the labels of food you prepare and add it all up. Then you will know how many calories it is.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

I know the gym time does need to be cut down buy living alone and being located in central Florida there is always something worth looking at coming through there lol, I always figuered getting rid of the free lunch I would have to do, but so tempting to do, what would you recommend I bring, more of a protein dirt auchas some tuna?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.25%

First of all, cut down on the gym time. Remember that after about an hour and a quarter to an hour and a half your body will start to produce cortisol. That cortisol will actually break down muscle tissue. Try to keep your weight training under an hour and 20 mins, and make adjustments to your cardio as needed. 20 mins of a warm up is way too much. 5-7 mins of light cardio should be enough of a warm up. remember that your warm up should be just enough to slightly elevate your core temp and loosen up the muscles that you are about to blast. Thats it. Save the cardio for after the weights. Also looks like you are doing abs 4 times a week. too much. three should be more than enough. The more control that you have over your meals, the better. So Youngandfree is absolutely right. Ditch the free lunch and prep your own food.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.05%

Would someone be willing to help me out with a meal regiment I would really appreciate it as much as possible, just some ideas would be great for dinner becaus of my schedule and for my packed lunch......Thanks in advance
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%

Quote Originally Posted by ticket03 View Post
    Alright boys and girls I have done my homework, I think lol.... Here is the diet I have beenrunning for the past few weeks.....
    9:00am wake up work is thirty seconds away (1 package of oatmeal, scoop of muscle milk, amino, and fish oils)

12:00 lunch, work buys me lunch daily (so it will very from a Cobb salad grilled chicken salad, wrap, etc. We order from mulitple places so this where I am hoping for some good suggestions

3:00 consist of a protein snack either two 70 calorie protein bars 5g of protein per bar, or a shake, second dose of amino and fish oil

5:00 gym time ( speed stack pre workout drink after I do my warm up cardio 20 minutes eliptical level five, comes out to about 2.5 miles

8-9 (post workout shake two scoops muscle milk and 5g of mono-creatine, and last dose of amino and fish oil)get home dinner will consist of red meat or 2 chicken breats with some form of vegetable corn, brocoli, peas etc, and some cottage cheese

12 bed time shake or a few hard boiled eggs and some ranch

so I really just want some advice and help an what you guys think this may calculate out to on my calorie intake, 5'7" 210, and would like to get down to 180ish, I work out five days a week cardio all five, take bp throughout the week as well, and will een incorporate some cardio in on the weekend. I wanna incorporate some extra virgin olive oil into my mixes, and well as some fruit in the morning such as a banana, apple, strawberries, or blue berries. So please disect away and be brutually honest, I got the bug and I can not shake it and that's a great thing for me.
    I log all my food. Calories and macros. I eat at least 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass per day and I adjust my caloric intake to lose 2 lbs a week. For me that's about 2100 calories per day. I work out at least 3 days per week. During my workout I hit one of the big three making sure I hit them at least once a week. I drink a lot of water. Finally I time protein drinks (isopure zero cal) one before workout and one after workout. I added creatine just a week ago. I've been logging every day on this site looking for advice from the pros. If stuff makes sense I do it.

Result I lost 15lbs in 5.5 weeks and 3 inches off my waist while putting on muscle.

Good luck!!

Heavypieces

Similar Forum Threads

1. Epi PCT Suggestions
    By ppycrsm in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 10:56 PM
  2. Suggestions
    By nightshift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 07:05 PM